Help A New ECig Business in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyF

May 15, 2009
Dear Sirs,

I am writing from Brazil. I heard about ecigs in the news a few months ago and decided to start up a business here in my country, importing ecigs from China.

I am studying everything I can about electronic cigarretes, but since I am not a smoker and have not tried the ecig apart from a few puffs on the samples the Chinese company sent me, I need help from the regular users.

My company is building a very solid base before launching this product here in Brazil. People don't know much about this product here yet, and I am still waiting for approval of the Brazilian FDA before making the first big order. I have sent the samples for Lab testing and everything should be good to go in about 1 month.

However, I still have some doubts regarding warranty and lifespan. I am very worried since I heard atomizers don't last long. What does the regular ecig smoker do? Buy a stockpile of atomizers at their local ecig shop?

Would it be a good idea for me to import many spare atomizers? The Chinese company told me the atomizer lasts for 6 months, but I highly doubt that :mad:

This product will surely sell in my country, especially because our marketing group is doing a very strong project to enhance communication and sales. However, I need tips from regular users!

If you guys could give me hints or suggestions that you would think could be smart to implement on an ecig business, I would greatly appreciate it!

My worst fear is about lifespan and product reliability. I don't want to sell a kit and have people calling me 7 days later saying their ecig stopped vaping. How can I avoid this? Maybe I should tell them that batteries and atomizers have short lifespans? How does your local business work??

Thanks in advance!

PS - Can a moderator please move this thread to a relevant forum? Since I am a new user I can only start a post in this section :mad:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
The answer to your question about stocking atomizers is a resounding yes!

It would really be best if you started your customers off with the understanding that atomizers are semi-consumable items. Some may last a month or more; some people even claim some have lasted longer, but a realistic rule of thumb for complete satisfaction is about two weeks. Even if atomizers don't flat out die, they will decline in performance over time, as the heating coil and the wick it is wrapped around get progressively more burdened with hardenend deposits - which eventually can cause the coil to actually break or come free at it's solder point causing actual death.

Have you looked at the Tips & Tricks - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat and the Experiments with equipment - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat sub-forums? They will give you a wealth of information about atomizer life, performance, and the many attempts people have made to successfully clean them, to prolong their life, but without a great deal of consistent success yet.

So the idea is to buy atomizers in bulk and cheaply, so you can sell them at not too high of a cost as well. Your customers will thank you for being honest and upfront with them about the realities of ecigs!

As an example, Trog, who makes and sells the Screwdriver, one of the very best ecigs available IMO, is totally up front in telling his product's buyers to plan on two weeks at most before changing out their atomizer. You can see his site and forum by clicking on my sig.

Last edited:

spradling

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Hi OnyF

I am a supplier in Colombia, and I have to tell you that you must have spares of atomizers, batteries and chargers as well.

Now, I do not know your supplier, but as far as I know for the prices I am getting, some times is cheaper to buy more Kits/sets than to buy the spare parts apart. You will use some of the kits for replacements/spare, but in total you will get better prices for spares that way.

Best luck in your new business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread