help build a regulated smoke chaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEERDNL

Oct 1, 2018
Hello,

As you may see in the title, I need some help before the final purchase of my regulated mod. My basic idea is a SMOK T-PRIV(because of thos leds man) but I also watched hte X-PRIV with a V12-T12 sub-ohm tank from SMOK also. I know that RDA's are the best to chase those clouds but I don't feel it comfortable to refill the e-juice every 3rd or 4th vape. As I know e-juice has to be 100% VG but I guess 70-30 is totally fine also right? For the batteries I wanted to buy a Sony VTC5a if this will do the job.

Any recommendations and tips are welcome. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I also would recommend not getting a SMOK mod, but you can spend you hard earned cash on any mod you wish. SMOK tanks can be good for cloud chasing, but be aware that their coils typically are juice guzzlers and battery drainers, but I guess that won't be a factor into your choice since you are only interested in clouds.

I suggest a dual 18650 battery mod like the Geekvape Aegis Legend, a dual battery mod good for up to 200 watts power. Shockproof, dustproof, waterproof.

61Penm4enPL._SY355_.jpg

GeekVape Aegis Legend Starter Kit
On Sale for a limited time! Use code "LEGEND5" for $5.00 off*
Price: $72.99
Our Price: $64.99
star5.gif
(94)

The Sony VTC5A will be a good battery for up to 75 watts per battery in a single battery mod, 150 watts using two batteries in a dual battery mod. To get close to 200 watts, you'd need to use two 30 amp batteries (180 watts; 90 watts each).

Samsung 18650-20S 2000mah 30 amp CDR
567575-254dcc9f3000323cb489ab10e8b02d13.jpg

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Dripping with an RDA is fun, even though it's a pain in the... The thing you have to be prepared for, though, is rebuilding and wicking coils versus drop in coils. No drop in coils will really match the combination of flavor AND or cloud production you can get pretty easily with RDAs or.....
RTAs. Rebuildable tanks that are basically a dripper with a tank on it. Same principles apply but rtas tend to be trickier to build on due to size and much pickier with the wicking, gotta get it just right. Not hard to learn how to build coils, install and wick, or even buy prewrapped coils that you install and wick. But you have to commit to learn how to do it safely, learn about battery safety and outputs, and how to build safely.
The more you learn about vaping, the better your overall experience with it can be.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Once you go rebuildables, drop ins just aren't as good (usually), lol. Dripping while great can be messy but honestly, I enjoy it over tanks. As stated above a tank means you don't have to drip but they do take more practice building. Then you can get more than 3 or 4 vapes from a dripper, it's all about wicking and material used.

Now if you want YUGE clouds, lol. Go straight VG with an atty that has the most airflow as possible. Use a solid APV with multi-battery and has at least 100w of power.

Now also study battery safety, coil build, etc. YT has many videos on cloud builds, Grimm Green is a good one, Twisted420 and TwistedMesses but there are many others.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I know that RDA's are the best to chase those clouds but I don't feel it comfortable to refill the e-juice every 3rd or 4th vape.
True, RDA's are the most versatile, might want to look into deep well RDA's, RDTA's and squonking. For clouds, you might want to read:
The Importance of Airflow When You Vape
Cloud Chasers
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/
Liquid Feed APV Discussion
As I know e-juice has to be 100% VG but I guess 70-30 is totally fine also right?
100% VG should provide more clouds than 30PG,70VG.
For the batteries I wanted to buy a Sony VTC5a if this will do the job.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
http://www.wakeandvape.com/blog/18650-battery-buying-guide-for-vapor-users/
Index | E-Cigarette Forum
Best 18650 Battery Explanation!
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
https://vapingscout.com/vape-nation/vaping-101-battery-safety/
http://pinkspotvapors.com/blog/7-best-practices-to-keep-your-charge/

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Your desire for blinky things on your mod completely escapees my understanding but I see no reason to judge.
100% VG is only important if you have a serious pg sensitivity. If you don’t it doesn’t matter.
Hey now, i bought one of those blinky things once. It kicked .... for a good while. Til it kicked the bucket lol. But the tfv12 cloud king is a pretty decent tank, especially if youre making cumulonimbus cloud formations in the living room.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hey now, i bought one of those blinky things once. It kicked .... for a good while. Til it kicked the bucket lol. But the tfv12 cloud king is a pretty decent tank, especially if youre making cumulonimbus cloud formations in the living room.
Like I said I’m not judging. If you like blinky things that is fine. I don’t understand it myself but I don’t need to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread