(Help!) Can You Use USP Glycerin Instead Of VG In DIY Juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGOGX2222

Nov 7, 2017
Yes on the USP to replace any VG in your mix. I'd not go with distilled water, other than maybe just a couple drops to lower viscosity. Water doesn't vape well.
What do you suggest as a thinner for the USP? I do not have accessible PG in my area so i heard distilled water is an ok substitute?

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I am a new member here and i wondered if i can make my own e-juice Without Vegetable Glycerin using USP Glycerin in its place. I do not know of any places near me that sell VG or Even PG, Is it possible to use USP Glycerin and Distilled Water to create e-juice?

You can buy food grade propylene glycol locally at most drugstores as well as Walmart where you can also purchase vegetable glycerin. There are many online vendors where you can buy PG or VG as well as flavors,
sweeteners and equipment.

Yes you do not need to use vegetable glycerin in your vape juice. In fact
the first juices on the market were mostly PG.
Vegetable glycerin makes thicker clouds than propylene glycol when evaporated.

Most flavors are in a PG base though you can get flavors in VG.
Yes you can add a little distilled water, I'd say no more than 5-10% to the mix though diluting isn't necessary,
especially in PG which is fairly thin compared to VG.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Buying PG is usually fairly easy. I am sensitive to it however, and I use 10% water in all my mixes. I didn't start out that way, but it's a recommendation on the thread concerning temperature control. I have to say I VASTLY prefer my vape (which I was not expecting) thinning it out improves both vape quality and flavor for me. It is perfectly fine to thin your VG with distilled water if you prefer that to tracking down PG.

It vapes fine if it's well mixed and steeped, there are no issues with it that I can identify whatsoever, and I'm really glad I tried it. 3% of distilled water is not enough in my opinion.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am a new member here and i wondered if i can make my own e-juice Without Vegetable Glycerin using USP Glycerin in its place. I do not know of any places near me that sell VG or Even PG, Is it possible to use USP Glycerin and Distilled Water to create e-juice?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Page 6 will give you a little more information regarding the base mix.
Might like to read:
The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread