help Deciding which to buy ....please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
Hi !! OK..so i have had the MOST horrible luck with e cigs LOL..They break with in 2 months of me buying them ( I know they are not supposed to last forever ) ..so far I have gone through 4 ego's , a few Hello16's ...prolly 10 joye 510's , a blue lightening passthru ....an ego pass thru...and a couple 510 5v pass thru's ....Im not doing anything strange to any of them LOL......Ive been back on analogs for the past 3 months after the bluelightening PT I bought broke 6 weeks after I bought it...it just up and quit....I did send it in to Madvapes..they said they were gonna look at it an it if possible ..it was sent back still not working LOL..they said send it back again ...I havent YET cuz I am just so irritated (not at madvapes ...just in general)....

SO my question is ...what the heck do i buy Now ?? I was looking at the ego tank...or the Maxi roughstack V2....

Yes I am a picky .... ..I prefer 5v vapeing ....I hate messing with batteries BUT I guess I can deal with it if the darn thing will JUST work for longer than 2-3 months lmao!!!....i dont have HUNDREDS of dollars to spend on a new starter kit either...SO..any suggestions guys would be appreciated :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Maxi Rough Stack with the 5.0v ni-mh batteries. It looks like madvapes is currently sold out of the ni-mh batts, but electronicstix, clouds of vapor, and nhaler also sell them. Get the charger from madvapes, though. Everyone else has a much higher price on theirs.

The ego tank system - well, I had good luck with mine, but that product generated more complaints and problems discussed in threads all over ecf than anything else I've seen.

If you want to stick with an eGo style battery, then you should consider the gold band eGo batteries madvapes has and get some ego mega dual coil cartomizers. That might be the most hassle free vaping experience to be found.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Personally I'd forget about the eGo's if you're into HV. The Maxi Roughstack will give you lots more options for voltage, lasts longer on a charge, is much more durable, and will be cheaper in the long run. If you're worried about it lasting just buy an extra switch unit at the same time so if anything goes wrong you can just swap it out and keep puffin'. It takes a small wrench or pair of pliers to remove the switch and it can be replaced in 10 minutes.

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
Take it from me and skip all BS and get the variable volt mod box for 35the bucks and get the madvapes dual mega cartamizors. You'll never need to buy anything else. Variable Volt is the ONLY way to go and MV is the best place to buy your supplies from.They don't want you for a quick sell.They want you as a life time returning customer.

Hope this help...

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
Take it from me and skip all BS and get the variable volt mod box for 35the bucks and get the madvapes dual mega cartamizors. You'll never need to buy anything else. Variable Volt is the ONLY way to go and MV is the best place to buy your supplies from.They don't want you for a quick sell.They want you as a life time returning customer.

Hope this help...

MOD BOX ?? OK..which one is that ?? LOL I'll Have a look :)

Titan1x77

Jun 1, 2011
South East,MA
I second the Ego mega dual coil carts, Im still using the same one with no cleaning (same juice) for 3.5 weeks!! I used a syringe to fill the first time and top off every couple of days. It's not like new anymore but still working good enough for me.

The box mod sounds good too, I'm using a 3.7v Epower but you want the higher voltage so a VV box mod sounds good for ya,

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
MOD BOX ?? OK..which one is that ?? LOL I'll Have a look :)

It's this one.. Currently out of stock, but madvapes modders make some every week and they usually end up on the website late on Wednesday or Thursday lately.

It's a solid mod. It's very small and but very versatile.

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
A good combo is a 5v regulated tube mod with 2x18350 and MadVapes 510 dual coil cartos.

After wading through KR808d/510/eGo batteries at ~3.7v which were great to start with, VV mods which performed best right around 4.8v, and 6v mods which were too hot, I ultimately found 4.5-5v produced the best vapor.

I've tried cartos, then tanks, sometimes drip (306), but have gone back to dual coil cartos. Atomizers & cartridges never seemed to work well.

Another solid combo is a good 3.7v mod with LR cartomizers.

Variable voltage is nice but I find myself dialing in at 4.4-5v with 3.2ohm dual coil cartos so straight up 5v made the most sense for my vaping needs. 5v mods are cheaper than VV, too.

If I had to recommend a sturdy, simple, cheap set up with good battery life and vapor production:

1. 5v regulated mod (MadVapes currently doesn't carry any pre-made)
2. Dual coil 3.2ohm cartomizer
3. 18350/16340 stacked pair of batteries

OR

1. Tube mod with a decent switch (RS Maxi or Gold Rush)
2. Dual coil 3.2ohm cartomizer
3. 4.8v NiMh batteries

I'd definitely steer clear of 14500 battery mods. I've gone through enough 14500 mods and batteries to develop a strong aversion to them. I felt like I was charging them constantly and they didn't hold a charge long enough to justify the cost. I'd rather have an eGo than a 14500 mod, in retrospect. Maybe I was buying the the wrong batteries, I dunno.

IMHO, 18650 3.7v or 18350/16340 stacked regulated at 5v are a good way to go and aren't that much bigger or more expensive than 14500 but perform much better.

When I'm at home I use a 5v regulated tube mod with a pair of 18350 batteries. When I'm out and about I'll take my dual 10440 variable voltage mod since it's small but packs a punch.

I just bought a Roughstack, which has some switch issues, but once I get that figured out I'm hoping to use it exclusively; the short body at 3.7v (18350 Li-Ion battery) with LR cartomizers on the go when I want a relatively small device, and the long body at 4.8v (18650 size NiMH) with 3.2ohm dual coil cartos when I'm relaxing at home and don't feel weird puffing on a huge mod.

Last edited:

SpiderMo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Georgia
imo the roughstack maxi is just bad as* and it lives up to the name. I change out my batteries to get 3.7,5,6vlt to what ever mood im in that day. The 5vlt vape is a good sweet spot for me love the way it hits and the flavor of my juices are just better with 5vlts. I have dropped it about 8 times already and still fires everytime. I have the ego-t and got the dual coil carts to use with it and when I do use it thats what I use. Happy Vaping

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
The variable volt mod box takes 2-14500 batteries. I would suggest buying 4 batteries that way you have two fully charged and ready. Look on the left for battery chargers. There is one on there that will charge two at the same time and it cost like 7.99.
VV is nice because sometimes certain juices flavors don't taste good unless its at a higher voltage and vice versa. Some juices burn if the voltage is to high. But that's the great thing about VV you can just turn the dial and make it to your liking. Unlike some people that waste their money on gys and reo. Those people have to change the batteries around or just live with it. Kinda funny how my $35 MadVapes box hits better than some over priced "pretty" mod. But to each their own... Good luck on your search and drop me a line if you need any help. Its better and cheaper to learn from others mistakes.

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
Ok perfect set up right here..
VV box mod
Variable Voltage Box Mod

Batteries
Ultrafire Protected 14500 Battery, 900 mAH

Charger
AG-126 Lithium Ion Battery Charger

Dual cartamizer
Dual Coil Clear Mega XL Cartomizer

I would suggest buying a syringe with a 20 gauge needle. Just fill up a couple of the cartamizers before you leave the house and you should be good for the day ..

Hope this helps and I wish someone wouldve done this for me when I first started. I wasted a lot of money till I came up with this combo lol.
Best of luck and hope it all works out for ya..

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
Thank U so much for Your Help.....It looks like my hubby is gonna let me buy 2 different Mods so......The VV box mod is on the list (with all the stuff that goes with it LOL ) and I am still trying to decide if I wanna try the Maxi Roughstack ....I am intimidated by the stinking switch issues LOL...If I had problems I would Have a COW!! For REALS!!! If I dont get that then I am thinkning I'll try the ego with the dual coil cartomizer thingys LOL

I also Have to replace all my Juices ( I am soo mad ) I havent been vaping for 3 months and I has a large "stock pile " well...I live in Hawaii ...and the heat & humidity (I didnt even think about it till it was to late) Turned ALL of my liquid Black !!! and I mean BLACK ....dont know if that makes them BAD.....but I heard they can mess up ur attys :( So ..I guess I will store mine in the refridgerator from now on Grrrr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread