Help DIY please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Hey everyone!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I need help, I bought a DIY ejuice kit from Central Vapors which came with alot of stuff, but I have no clue how to do this!! I have downloaded 6 DIY calculators and I like high Vg juice usually 100vg but in this case I'm just doing 80vg/20pg, 2 flavors and then the 100vg Nicotine. But everytime I try to put what I want it always says it doesn't add up or error. So can someone please tell me the best DIY Calculator for beginners. I have vaped for 7 years but I have always vaped the same juice but with all this talk of federal bans, they aren't ordering more juice until they find out what's going on so I have spent so much money on trying other tobacco flavored juice and I just can't find another one I like so anyhow I know I just wrote a book, sorry about that. Also where is the best place for DIY juice? I don't know how central vapors is yet, so please my fellow vapors any info that you can give me would greatly appreciated

Reactions: stols001

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
So if I want it to be 6mg of nicotine I would put .6ml of the nicotine? But I don't know how much VG, flavors, and I want very little PG in there, I tried doing a 90vg/10pg but it says the calculations don't add up. I should have done this along time ago instead of waiting 7 years later when I can't get my juice

• Optimistic

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have a liter of 100 mg/ml nic that I haven't had to break down yet. I still have about 3/4 of a liter of 24 mg/ml pre-mixed left. Pre-mixed in that the PG and VG is already added. I just add some concentrated flavor to that or I just vape that by itself. I got it from My Freedom Smokes. The 'pre-mix and add flavor(s)' thing might be easier for you as all you need to do is add flavor(s) to the base nic liquid. I'm pretty certain that 24 mg/ml pre-mix is the lowest nic level that MFS offers, although you can select different PG and VG ratios as well. If you desire a lower nic level, just search around.

What calculators have you tried to use? I have a somewhat old version of this one - eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2016
    Tampa Bay
    I have a liter of 100 mg/ml nic that I haven't had to break down yet. I still have about 3/4 of a liter of 24 mg/ml pre-mixed left. Pre-mixed in that the PG and VG is already added. I just add some concentrated flavor to that or I just vape that by itself. I got it from My Freedom Smokes. The 'pre-mix and add flavor(s)' thing might be easier for you as all you need to do is add flavor(s) to the base nic liquid. I'm pretty certain that 24 mg/ml pre-mix is the lowest nic level that MFS offers, although you can select different PG and VG ratios as well. If you desire a lower nic level, just search around.

What calculators have you tried to use? I have a somewhat old version of this one - eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
    I can't download that calculator for some reason, it always says can't open file. Thats the one I want, I downloaded about 4 or 5 from the app store but everytime I put my numbers in, it never adds up, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I live in Florida and I vape tobacco flavored juice but my go to company isn't ordering any juice until they know for sure what's going to happen. My God just let people vape, Ughhh so frustrating

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I can't download that calculator for some reason, it always says can't open file.
    I just d/l'ed the .zip file and then opened it. I haven't extracted the setup.exe file in the archive, so I haven't tried to run it yet, and I probably won't anytime soon. I wish I could help you more.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    No the WHOLE TOTAL has to equal 100% is where you are going wrong. If your nic is VG, then it has to be part of your 80/20 ratio. Flavors are also included, most of them are PG so you can enter them as PG. Some calculators let you add flavors as "whatever" but you still have to include them in the 100% total.

Sorry, this seems incoherent but maybe someone smarter than me can help.
    Anna

Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I can't download that calculator for some reason, it always says can't open file. Thats the one I want, I downloaded about 4 or 5 from the app store but everytime I put my numbers in, it never adds up, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong.
    I use EcigVape which is easy to use, and with calculators from there...You can save/bookmark your recipes online and can also make your recipes Private or Public.
    re: E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting
    With the EcigVape calc, you list your targets first like:
    Given: 100 mg w/ 100%PG
    Target: let the calculator adjust from there. You get the mix ratios' from the PG or VG in your flavors and Nic base PG/VG you buy. For all VG mix, you need to buy 100%VG based nic and 100% VG based flavors. along with extra VG liquid in order to make your desired amount.
    Suggest you take a little time and read about the basic ecigVape calculator and the other calculators offered. You can PM me if you still don't understand.

• Useful

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2016
    Tampa Bay
    Try mixing 10ml at a time. With your calculator, this should be simple.
    10% in a 10ml mix is 1ml.
    6% in a 10ml mix would be 0.6ml.
    and so on, and so forth ....
    Yes so if I wanted to make 10ml of juice I would put .6ml of nicotine
    .10ml flavor1
    .10ml flavor 2
    8ml VG
    and then however much PG?? I know I'm probably way wrong but it looks right lol written down.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2016
    Tampa Bay
    I use EcigVape which is easy to use, and with calculators from there...You can save/bookmark your recipes online and can also make your recipes Private or Public.
    re: E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting
    With the EcigVape calc, you list your targets first like:
    Given: 100 mg w/ 100%PG
    Target: let the calculator adjust from there. You get the mix ratios' from the PG or VG in your flavors and Nic base PG/VG you buy. For all VG mix, you need to buy 100%VG based nic and 100% VG based flavors. along with extra VG liquid in order to make your desired amount.
    Suggest you take a little time and read about the basic ecigVape calculator and the other calculators offered. You can PM me if you still don't understand.
    Ok I'm going to take a look at it today and read, I have a 6 year old so finding the time to do it is a little hard, but if I'm still having issues I will definitely dm you. Thanks so much

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2016
    Tampa Bay
    Ok I'm going to take a look at it today and read, I have a 6 year old so finding the time to do it is a little hard, but if I'm still having issues I will definitely dm you. Thanks so much
    Oh I don't post alot on here until recently, I have read alot and answered but I'm not sure how to dm you from here ‍♀️ lol I'm guessing it's probably under more options ‍♀️

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    If you want to send some one a private message, click on their name (under avatar picture) and then click "start conversation".
    You really don't need a calculator (yes, they are very helpful) What you need is a way to measure. How are you going to judge 0.6 ml ? Also, if you are doing several 10 ml batches (good idea) it's easier to make a larger amount (100 ml) of "base" first, then add the flavor(s) to each small (10 ml) batch. Truth is, the very first time, you should just mix a small batch of each single flavor to get to know it before combining them. 10 % flavor is a good start (with the brand you are using) and yes, that counts as 10 % PG too. After you try each flavor, then mix those together to try combinations. It's all a bit confusing at first, but actually becomes very easy after awhile.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Yes so if I wanted to make 10ml of juice I would put .6ml of nicotine
    .10ml flavor1
    .10ml flavor 2
    8ml VG
    and then however much PG?? I know I'm probably way wrong but it looks right lol written down.

IF (big If) your nicotine is PG and your flavors are PG, then 1.2ml of PG would give you 20/80 PG/VG ratio.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2016
    Tampa Bay
    If you want to send some one a private message, click on their name (under avatar picture) and then click "start conversation".
    You really don't need a calculator (yes, they are very helpful) What you need is a way to measure. How are you going to judge 0.6 ml ? Also, if you are doing several 10 ml batches (good idea) it's easier to make a larger amount (100 ml) of "base" first, then add the flavor(s) to each small (10 ml) batch. Truth is, the very first time, you should just mix a small batch of each single flavor to get to know it before combining them. 10 % flavor is a good start (with the brand you are using) and yes, that counts as 10 % PG too. After you try each flavor, then mix those together to try combinations. It's all a bit confusing at first, but actually becomes very easy after awhile.
    Thanks so much! That information is very helpful. I'm letting my first batch steep for a bit. I like max vg and since the flavors are PG, then I don't need to mix PG into it then correct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread