Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Hey everyone!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I need help, I bought a DIY ejuice kit from Central Vapors which came with alot of stuff, but I have no clue how to do this!! I have downloaded 6 DIY calculators and I like high Vg juice usually 100vg but in this case I'm just doing 80vg/20pg, 2 flavors and then the 100vg Nicotine. But everytime I try to put what I want it always says it doesn't add up or error. So can someone please tell me the best DIY Calculator for beginners. I have vaped for 7 years but I have always vaped the same juice but with all this talk of federal bans, they aren't ordering more juice until they find out what's going on so I have spent so much money on trying other tobacco flavored juice and I just can't find another one I like so anyhow I know I just wrote a book, sorry about that. Also where is the best place for DIY juice? I don't know how central vapors is yet, so please my fellow vapors any info that you can give me would greatly appreciated

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
If you're on a PC, I could help you get numbers into ejuicemeup, which is kind of "old school" but I started with it, and I like it...

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I need help, I bought a DIY ejuice kit from Central Vapors which came with alot of stuff, but I have no clue how to do this!! I have downloaded 6 DIY calculators and I like high Vg juice usually 100vg but in this case I'm just doing 80vg/20pg, 2 flavors and then the 100vg Nicotine. But everytime I try to put what I want it always says it doesn't add up or error. So can someone please tell me the best DIY Calculator for beginners. I have vaped for 7 years but I have always vaped the same juice but with all this talk of federal bans, they aren't ordering more juice until they find out what's going on so I have spent so much money on trying other tobacco flavored juice and I just can't find another one I like so anyhow I know I just wrote a book, sorry about that. Also where is the best place for DIY juice? I don't know how central vapors is yet, so please my fellow vapors any info that you can give me would greatly appreciated

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Do you have : plain VG, Plain PG, 100 mg/ml nicotine (in VG)?
I suggest making a "base" first (unflavored) maybe 100 ml, then make small test batches (10ml) to try each flavor.
What nic level do you like (6 mg, 12 mg... )?
Central vapors flavors are weaker than most (but I hear they are good) so you will have to use more than most recipes suggest.
I can help more after you answer the questions.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like the ELR recipes calculator and diy tools (can't link, ecf rules). They also have great beginner pages, very useful info navigating the tools and calculator. Great people willing to help on the forum side as well.Most calculators you have to go through each line and at least enter a zero. I always use the "save base values" on my calculator so I don't have to fill in each line every time.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
You might have better luck with getting help going to the DIY section.

What concentration of nicotine did you get? And what concentration of nic do you want to end up with in your juice?
I have 100mg Nicotine and I would like 6mg. And every time I use one of the calculators it says its not right, Im lost lol

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Do you have : plain VG, Plain PG, 100 mg/ml nicotine (in VG)?
I suggest making a "base" first (unflavored) maybe 100 ml, then make small test batches (10ml) to try each flavor.
What nic level do you like (6 mg, 12 mg... )?
Central vapors flavors are weaker than most (but I hear they are good) so you will have to use more than most recipes suggest.
I can help more after you answer the questions.
100mg VG Nicotine, I have 10ml bottles and I want to make 6mg nicotine, yeah I made my 10ml yesterday, I bought all tobacco flavors, 2 of them are almost black! Is that normal?

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
I like the ELR recipes calculator and diy tools (can't link, ecf rules). They also have great beginner pages, very useful info navigating the tools and calculator. Great people willing to help on the forum side as well.Most calculators you have to go through each line and at least enter a zero. I always use the "save base values" on my calculator so I don't have to fill in each line every time.
Ok I will definitely check it out, thanks so much!!

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Thanks

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
If you're on a PC, I could help you get numbers into ejuicemeup, which is kind of "old school" but I started with it, and I like it...
I tried to download it on my PC but I couldn't open it, I tried several times, now my laptop is 7 years old lol but I'm getting a new one. What about my IPad?

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
100mg VG Nicotine, I have 10ml bottles and I want to make 6mg nicotine, yeah I made my 10ml yesterday, I bought all tobacco flavors, 2 of them are almost black! Is that normal?
The color will get diluted in your final product.

I vape unflavored and I mix mine in 500ml or 1 Liter batches, so it makes the math simple and I really do not need a calculator. I vape 18mg, so I just put 180ml 100mg into my 1 liter bottle (90 for 500ml) and then add the PG/VG which I just eyeball those because if they are slightly off it is no big deal to me. I do 25% VG / 75% PG, I buy 100mg VG, so because the 180ml nic (18% of the 1 liter bottle) is already VG I only need to add a small amount of VG to get to 25% and the rest is PG. If I end up with 30/70 or 20/80 from being lazy and eyeballing it, I do not notice the difference because it is so minor. The main thing for me is getting the nic correct, that is something you want to measure.

You may want to mix a larger batch, like 500ml the way I described. You would just add 30ml 100mg to a 500ml bottle (60ml to a 1 liter bottle) and then add your 80/20 mix.

I do not use flavoring anymore, but when I did I would pour the mix I made into a smaller 100ml bottle and then add the flavoring to that the first few times until I found a percentage I liked, starting low (if it recommends 5%-10% I would start with 5mg/5%) and then working my way up 1mg at a time (because you can't go back). I would give plenty of time after each increase so that my coil had the correct mix. Then once I found the percentage of flavoring I liked, I would then add the flavoring to the large bottle. I would use 100ml bottles as my smaller bottle, that way the math was easy to do to convert to 500ml or 1 Liter... 5x (for 500ml) or 10x (for 1 liter) the amount of flavoring I put into the 100ml bottle. Or if you use multiple flavors, keep the 500ml (or 1 Liter) bottle unflavored and mix your different flavorings into 100ml bottles.

Doing it my way is not the correct way, but it works for me and it is easy. One reason why it is not the correct way when using flavorings is that if you're adding 5% flavoring to an already made batch of 6mg, you are diluting it slightly so your final mix will be just a tad under 6mg, but I highly doubt you would even notice that.

EDIT: Also, you may want to try unflavored (I used to use tobacco flavors, but slowly migrated to unflavored which I now prefer). Your coils will thank you for it, my current coil is on day #106 and it works just as good as day #1.

Last edited:

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Honestly that makes a lot of sense, i want more VG but I didn't even think about my nicotine is VG so I don't need to add as much VG, and just a little PG. I want a nutty tobacco flavor so maybe if I just add a little of my almond flavor without any other flavors it will taste good. But VG alone has a sweet flavor to it and I don't like candy or sweet flavors, so it's kinda of trial and error I guess. The one I made yesterday I wrote down in a book and labeled the 10ml bottle recipe 1 and once I find the recipe I like then I can make the large batch. Where do you get your DIY nicotine, PG, VG, etc.. from? And thanks for taking the time to respond

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
The color will get diluted in your final product.

I vape unflavored and I mix mine in 500ml or 1 Liter batches, so it makes the math simple and I really do not need a calculator. I vape 18mg, so I just put 180ml 100mg into my 1 liter bottle (90 for 500ml) and then add the PG/VG which I just eyeball those because if they are slightly off it is no big deal to me. I do 25% VG / 75% PG, I buy 100mg VG, so because the 180ml nic (18% of the 1 liter bottle) is already VG I only need to add a small amount of VG to get to 25% and the rest is PG. If I end up with 30/70 or 20/80 from being lazy and eyeballing it, I do not notice the difference because it is so minor. The main thing for me is getting the nic correct, that is something you want to measure.

You may want to mix a larger batch, like 500ml the way I described. You would just add 30ml 100mg to a 500ml bottle (60ml to a 1 liter bottle) and then add your 80/20 mix.

I do not use flavoring anymore, but when I did I would pour the mix I made into a smaller 100ml bottle and then add the flavoring to that the first few times until I found a percentage I liked, starting low (if it recommends 5%-10% I would start with 5mg/5%) and then working my way up 1mg at a time (because you can't go back). I would give plenty of time after each increase so that my coil had the correct mix. Then once I found the percentage of flavoring I liked, I would then add the flavoring to the large bottle. I would use 100ml bottles as my smaller bottle, that way the math was easy to do to convert to 500ml or 1 Liter... 5x (for 500ml) or 10x (for 1 liter) the amount of flavoring I put into the 100ml bottle. Or if you use multiple flavors, keep the 500ml (or 1 Liter) bottle unflavored and mix your different flavorings into 100ml bottles.

Doing it my way is not the correct way, but it works for me and it is easy. One reason why it is not the correct way when using flavorings is that if you're adding 5% flavoring to an already made batch of 6mg, you are diluting it slightly so your final mix will be just a tad under 6mg, but I highly doubt you would even notice that.

EDIT: Also, you may want to try unflavored (I used to use tobacco flavors, but slowly migrated to unflavored which I now prefer). Your coils will thank you for it, my current coil is on day #106 and it works just as good as day #1.
Honestly that makes a lot of sense, i want more VG but I didn't even think about my nicotine is VG so I don't need to add as much VG, and just a little PG. I want a nutty tobacco flavor so maybe if I just add a little of my almond flavor without any other flavors it will taste good. But VG alone has a sweet flavor to it and I don't like candy or sweet flavors, so it's kinda of trial and error I guess. The one I made yesterday I wrote down in a book and labeled the 10ml bottle recipe 1 and once I find the recipe I like then I can make the large batch. Where do you get your DIY nicotine, PG, VG, etc.. from? And thanks for taking the time to respond

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Vg & pg cheap easy in several sizes on Amazon,, otherwise you can get it from whoever you buy nic from,,, in a pinch tractor supply,,, by the gallon,,, or go to the pharmacy area of Walmart/cvs/ Walgreens,, around ankle height you can find vg in a very generic looking bottle for $5-7,,, its about 8ounces

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
i want more VG but I didn't even think about my nicotine is VG so I don't need to add as much VG, and just a little PG. I want a nutty tobacco flavor so maybe if I just add a little of my almond flavor without any other flavors it will taste good.
I have 100mg Nicotine and I would like 6mg. And every time I use one of the calculators it says its not right, Im lost lol

You sure you have 10ml bottles? (pretty small, but OK, it's good to mix in small batches for experimenting).

In your case "the math" isn't too bad, since you're pretty flexible about how much PG you end up with. Some of the flavorings will probably have PG in them. Anyway, 0% - 20% PG is a big window.

You have 100mg nic. So that means that 1/10th of the 10ml bottle's volume (1 ml) would give you 10mg juice. 1/20th the volume would give you 5mg juice (.5 ml).

You want 6mg juice, so you need 0.6ml/10ml. That's pretty hard to measure, but you can do it. Just guess if you need to. 6 mg vs 5mg juice...meh. Shoot for 1/20th of the bottle plus a drop. Meh. The rest can be flavorings and PG/VG. Don't forget to add a few drops of distilled water to smooth it out. Not too much. Max 10% volume, and I'd say go with 5% or less.

This doesn't have to be rocket science, it's not that exact. Get in the ballpark.

:)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: dennism

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have ejuicemeup, but now I use a spreadsheet I made up myself. The public calculators tend to be set up to do anything and everything. I only need a simple calculator.

Since you can't download a calculator I have a suggestion. A lot of people including me start by making base. You want to end up with 80/20 / 6mg juice. So make a large bottle of 80/20 / 6mg base. Then take some of that and add your flavoring to it. Adding the flavoring will change the VG/PG ratio and the nic concentration, but only slightly, especially with tobacco flavoring which tends to be used in small amounts. Not a really precise way to mix but it works for me.

To make 100mls of base use 6mls of concentrated nic. Since your nic is in VG add 74mls of VG and 20 mls of PG.

If you want 1% flavoring then add 1 ml to 100 mls of base. Or 0.1ml if you are making 10mls of juice. I only made tobacco flavor once and it only needed 1% of flavoring.

All that makes the calculations easy and you won't need a calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread