HELP! Eleaf iStick 100w and Aspire Cleito Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

carterj8

Sep 8, 2017
I've had my eLeaf iStick for a year now and have never had any problems with it. A month or two ago I had purchased a new tank, the Aspire cleito, and it worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when it decided to say no atomizer. I tried replacing the coil, cleaning it up, making sure it's screwed in properly. Everything. And it didn't work. So I assumed that the tank was just broken and I went and purchased the same tank, an aspire cleito and it worked perfectly just yesterday and now it is saying no atomizer this morning. Is this problem due to the connection point on the iStick or are they just not compatible together?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Check the 510 on the mod. The problem is likely there. See if the center pin is not stuck and unable to move. If it is try to gently pry it up with some tweezers or really small screwdriver. Also give it a good cleaning out to make sure it's not dirt or dried juice in there interfering with the connection.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Since your IStick is old enough that there is no sorta warranty anymore. I don't know if its a regular 100W or a 100TC. I have a 100TC that is well past warranty, any atomizer I put on it was wobbly so with youtubes help I took it apart and found the plate that holds the whole 510 assembly was just slid into slots and over time became loose. A bit of tape on the assembly, slid tight back into place. What else I found was old heated gunky, sticky juice that had gotten past the spring 510 connection inside the mod and was beginning to run down the wire. Pushed down the 510 from the top and with alcohol, qtips, paper towel I cleaned the entire 510 inside the mod. The Istick 100TC has a new life with a now solid 510 and cleaned the YUK juice that could have got onto the board then fried the entire unit.
Did the youtube teardown on other mods I have, found the same issue with juice that has got past the 510 connection and if it doesn't make the pin sticky then the old juice can be a definite threat to any electronics.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it may be correctly being identified that it's your batt. The good news is, if you can get the old one working, you can have two tanks for flavor swapping :) Before I did a complete teardown, though, I'd maybe go to a vape shop and see if they can put them on another tank and make sure they are working.... If so, you may decide to purchase another device, and/or check out the connection, but either way you'll have a backup tank you like.

I found the Cleto to be very reliable, my son had one for ages before gifting it to me and we are both accident prone. I'm thinking it may be your connection as well.

Good luck!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've had my eLeaf iStick for a year now and have never had any problems with it. A month or two ago I had purchased a new tank, the Aspire cleito, and it worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when it decided to say no atomizer. I tried replacing the coil, cleaning it up, making sure it's screwed in properly. Everything. And it didn't work. So I assumed that the tank was just broken and I went and purchased the same tank, an aspire cleito and it worked perfectly just yesterday and now it is saying no atomizer this morning. Is this problem due to the connection point on the iStick or are they just not compatible together?
Welcome and glad you joined.
The reason your combo is not working may be that one or more or all your equipment are not electrically compatible. Won't attempt to bore you with all the causes.
How to fix?
Mod: Could purchase at least two to several 510 TO EGO ADAPTER which may work, IStick-wise. Make sure the 510 contact surfaces are cleaned with rubbing alcohol.
re: Accessories (probably better quality than FT)
510 to eGo Adapter - $2.49 : EasyVapors.com, Electronic Cigarette Cartridge and Cartomizer Refills ELiquid
$1.09 510 to eGo Adapter Convertor for E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping suspect, could buy as backups)
"This came with my Ismoka Eleaf istick mod. This adapter was shipped with my istick which has stainless steel harden threads to guard against wear. Ismoka Eleaf realize that when two metal surfaces work against each other in screwing back and forth, the softer metal will be worn. Hence, a loose thread (created from metal degrading through wear) equals no contact/firing of topper. The above adapter is a sacrificial goat to prevent a mods female threads from being worn through constant use.
The Ismoka Eleaf 510 - Ego Adapter I use is a brass base material coated with decorative chrome thin no wear resistant plating.
Cons:
1. Adds height to your mod. However, the flip side is I can get my fat fingers on my RDA Magma bottom casing and quickly unscrew the cap if I wish to.
2. The design of the Ismoka Eleaf 510 - Ego Adapter has meager adjustable center pin capability.
I would of gladly paid a little more money if I could of ordered the Ismoka Eleaf 510 - Ego Adapter with an adjustable 510 to 510 center pin. Oh well, companies today are people and we all know companies are not perfect.
Having the knurled knob makes up for no adjustment capabilities. It would have been nice to have both features."
THREAD REF:
Problem with istick 50w
Keep Stripping Mod Threads
Flavor Chaser--Recommendations?

A second Mod to test the cleito would be in order/help/informative.
A second tank (any) to test the Mod would be in order/help/informative.
My guess, your mod will work with another tank and your tank will work with another mod. Adding an 510 TO EGO ADAPTER may fix both problems.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread