Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to make my first VV box mod, I want it to be 100+ Watts. Ability to sub ohm. 2 good batteries (maybe 18650 or 14500s?). A USB charging port? LED display. Push button voltage adjusters instead of the twist thing. Looking into the Raptor 20A but still don't even know where to start. i'm not really all that electronically savvy haha. And I'm new to the modding scene so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
My advice -- read and read a lot, 14500 are under 7A you would need 20A+ 18650's or bigger 26650's over 50 watts

There are engineers who have not conquered making push button raptors because its not feasible with digital pots because they do make any digital pots for the ohms required in a raptor. It can be done but highly complex, but with a rotary dial you can adjust voltages a million time faster than push buttons. There's a guy on Breaktru forums who is building one right now, everything of what you want but he is having issues he is an electrical engineer.. Highly complicated and complex that project is guy, the best thing going right now for high power plug and play modding is the SX-350 It has everything you want at lower the cost.. The raptor would cost much more with those additions, I think he quoted about 98+ bucks for just the build not with an enclosure, 510, etc....

Here's the post its at the end of the post.
You asked mamu it's coming.

Yikes! Thank you for the help with that. I'm no EE, but I have some friends who are - put if it's that complicated perhaps I might give up on that idea. Thank you so much for the information :) I still plan on reading and reading more and more to get a better idea of things.

My advice -- read and read a lot, 14500 are under 7A you would need 20A+ 18650's or bigger 26650's over 50 watts

There are engineers who have not conquered making push button raptors because its not feasible with digital pots because they do make any digital pots for the ohms required in a raptor. It can be done but highly complex, but with a rotary dial you can adjust voltages a million time faster than push buttons. There's a guy on Breaktru forums who is building one right now, everything of what you want but he is having issues he is an electrical engineer.. Highly complicated and complex that project is guy, the best thing going right now for high power plug and play modding is the SX-350 It has everything you want at lower the cost.. The raptor would cost much more with those additions, I think he quoted about 98+ bucks for just the build not with an enclosure, 510, etc....

Here's the post its at the end of the post.
You asked mamu it's coming.

david4500

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread