help i broke it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj
i stood up with my chuck on my lap. when it hit the ground the button was loose and would go out and in with out any resistance. when i unscrewed the top i found that the red wire that conects to the cap was disconectedled.then i removed the small nut on the out side of the switch and wiggled it a bit seeing if something would happen. i assume that there is a spring in the switch that keeps the button pushed out. and maybe that broke free. i know i can ger a similer switch at radio shack. but im not the most mechanically incliand person in the world.

i already sent jeff an e-mail

but i wanted your opinions too

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I f'ed mine up... sent it to Jeff and he made it good as new. Put it in the
wahmbulance.jpg

Hookaddict

Oct 25, 2009
I just messed up my switch yesterday night! Fell off my desk and landed right on the switch messing it up. I didnt want to send it back for jeff to repair it so I tried doing it myself. I just finished fixing it with a new switch from Radioshack its not that hard just re-solder the 2 points on the switch then wamo bamo, your done. I got extra switches just in case it happens again or it fails, I wish they made a white switch it would go so well with my chuck. =)

bladeangel87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Mine stopped working today, coincidentally the day that the tasty vapor atomic fireball I ordered just came in, loved the Red Hots from DIY flavorshack, so if ATF from TV compares it will be great, but switch just stopped activating it, I press in switch, it feels normal, but nothing happens. Would be nice if there was something I could do to fix it, don't want to be without chuck for too long. If any knows something simple I could do to fix it with a screwdriver or something that doesn't involve soldering it would be cool.

Edit: Nevermind, it is now in the hands of USPS, and I have to anxiously await, and wish for it's safe return.

Last edited:

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
I just messed up my switch yesterday night! Fell off my desk and landed right on the switch messing it up. I didnt want to send it back for jeff to repair it so I tried doing it myself. I just finished fixing it with a new switch from Radioshack its not that hard just re-solder the 2 points on the switch then wamo bamo, your done. I got extra switches just in case it happens again or it fails, I wish they made a white switch it would go so well with my chuck. =)
Yep! i think i might be so inclined to fix mine if the need so arises,Please share with us the ratshack parts #. and i have often wondered how that end of the Chuck comes apart? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread