Help. I don't want to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BosleyXVI

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Shakopee
I am struggling here with my reo. I'm unable to get it to perform like my other mech mods.

I have the reo grand lp. I have used a hobo v3 clone, a vector authentic and a velocity authentic on it and I can't for the life of me get it to perform. I feel like it has massive voltage drop.

I've tried 22, 24, 27, 27, 28 and 30 gauge micro coils. Generally around a 2mm bit.

My target build is usually around .5 to .4 ohms. I one tried a .18 and it ended up back in the shop. Not sure if it was too low or just a coincidence on something else gone wrong.

When I do get something sort of working it's only good for 20 minutes and I feel like I need to change the battery.

Anyway, any thoughts, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I love the look of the reo but I keep having to go back to my regulated mods or other mechs for a good vape.

Help me keep the reo. Thanks guys. And gals.

BosleyXVI

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Shakopee
I had a similar problem with my reo and one day it wouldn't fire at all. With regular cleaning it works great every time. I clean mine about once a month and I run a 1.1 ohm coil. With .5 ohm you should probably clean Your reo more often.
It's never really performed that well. From being brand new or sent to Rob for repair and back to me. So it was pretty clean at those times I would assume. I am cleaning again to check.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm... every reo I've had (and that's a fair few) has hit as hard as any mech I've had (which is, again, a pretty big number), so it's not the design.

Clean contacts are essential with subohm builds, but you're onto that. Couple of questions/thoughts for you...

* Do you have a volt or multimeter that you can check the actual voltage delivered to the atty? You might have something like a dirty spring base which is impeding the current.

* Check the spring and the firing pin to make sure they are not damaged.

* Check to make sure you don't have juice leakage around the feeder tube and pin. Juice can act as an insulator

* What other mechs have you used that you feel performed better (just as a reference)?

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
Not sure about the Hobo or Velocity, but I have a Vector and that thing needs LOTS of power to get a good vape. I have a dual 28g parallel build at around .25 ohms in mine and it is a satisfactory vape. Battery life is terrible, even with brand new batteries.

I normally run 0.5 ohms in my Odin with just a 28g dual coil. I also have an RM4 that I like to run dual 0.5x0.1 ribbon wire coils in at around 0.67 ohms that offers a much more satisfying vape than the Vector or Odin. I put the same builds in the Vector and it was a no go. Even closed down to one hole it wasn't that great.

I'm finding most 22mm "40 pound atomizers" require lots of power to perform. This may be what you are experiencing.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Is your atty making good contact to the 510? Have you cleaned the contacts on the battery along with the firing pin and treated them with Deoxit? I've run all of my Reo's down to 0.4 with no such issues at all. This build is running in one of my Vectors right now and it hits like a beast.

Bird's Nest coils....( 0.4 ohms)
GgUaAxe.jpg

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I'm sure you already know this (but love to chime in when a person is in need) but I use isopropyl alcohol to clean all contacts before applying Deoxit Gold. I also remove my spring, every couple months, clean it and apply Naolox underneath. (That area can be a problem). I usually run mine between 1 and 1.5, depending on juice, so you might need to clean yours more often with subbing.
Let us know how you are progressing.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
What batteries and what charger are you using? That could be the culprit. If it's not your build, then I would be looking at those factors to see if it can support your builds. I *know* you're suppose to clean your contacts etc, but I'm the worst at doing that. I'll be honest, one of my reos has never seen a cleaning and it is a beast with performance. I'd have to guess it's something with your build or the batteries themselves.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
It's also possible I wasn't tightening down my atty enough. I gave it a little more umph after it was tight.
Awesome. Yep on the ones with the new 510 like you have, you wanna fully tighten your atty - like as tight as you can get it with your fingers without the top cap on.

I'd highly recommend deoxit gold rather than noalox too. Noalox is messy as hell. But then again I'm an OCD freak :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread