Help! I'm clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinncm

Dec 18, 2012
winchester, va
My girlfriend wants to stop smoking and suggested that I get her an e cig for Christmas. I've been looking for a couple of hours and I have no idea what I should get her. She smokes usa gold menthol lights. She doesn't want to spend a lot of money on the refills either. She's mainly wanting to quit for health reasons but she also wants to save money too. I believe I saw on green smoke's website that it was $16 for each refill and each refill was like 320 or 350 puffs which it says is equivalent to a pack and a half of cigarettes. That seems awfully expensive and she won't be able to afford that. So if anybody could offer some help as to what I should get her I would really appreciate it.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hiya,
Greensmoke are very over-priced, and they overstate the number of puffs. 1 cartomizer (tip piece) usually equals about 8 cigs. They work ok but you can get much better value for money.
If she wants a ciggish size pv I recommend Smokeless Image Volts. I'll post a pic here with the different sizes they have:

SI comparison.jpg

The two on the left are Volts, the three on the right are cigar size Volt X2s. You can buy prefilled cartomizers or buy juice and fill the cartomizers yourself. She'll need at least two batteries - one to use while one charges. If she doesn't mind a bigger size the X2s are good and last for hours.
I suggest you check out the website:
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Image Electronic Cigarettes - The Future is in your hands

I quit a 40-50 a day smoking habit using these. They also have a Christmas coupon code for 20% off right now - Merryvolt
I don't have any affiliation with them but I was impressed enough to write a blog post about what they have to offer:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/kiwivap/3105-smokeless-image-answers-questions.html

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
If you really want cheap, get the Katana kit from Vape Dojo. It's $13.00 for a 650 mAh eGo (cigar-sized battery), a charger and a CE4. Get 2 for a backup and grab some liquid either from Vape Dojo or literally a hundred other places.

I have one coming in the mail to try out, so I haven't used it yet. I only recommend it for the price.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Ask her if it needs to look like a cig and if it does get the volt from smokless image. If not I would suggest 2 ego twists. If she smokes full flavor get 18 to 24 mg nicotine and if lights 12 to 18. If she smokes ultra lights get 6 to 12mg nic. Also ask her if she is willing to push a button to vape or if it has to be an automatic (just puff with no button push) battery. Push button ones perform better but some people don't like them.

TroyHoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Greenville MS
If you get her setup with a couple or few good batteries and an easy to fill delivery system she will be comfortable with. The only expense will be the juice. Some minor replacement parts along the way but nothing major. If she finds a flavor she likes and buys in bulk its actually way less then analogs. If you mix your own juice it gets even cheaper. Thats what im researching now, the DIY juices.

This is as long as she doesnt get bit by the upgrade bug that I see so much of. And will probably be bit by lol

EDIT: just as an example. Im starting with a kgo battery and some mega dual coil cartomizers(hold around 4mils juice) and 5 different juices. I expect to either build or buy another battery very soon or a couple. But this was to get my feet wet in vaping. The kits with 2 batteries, charger, case, either clearos or Mego cartos are pretty reasonable $36-60 or so. Check for sales adn coupons, lots of xmas sales going on.

Last edited:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Make it easy on her and yourself. Go to www.whitecloud.com and buy 10 disposables for $30. Then, if she likes it, spring for a starter kit for about $60. I've wasted a lot of money over the past four years trying out every new thing that comes along. It is best to test the waters before dropping any serious matters. The White Cloud batteries last a long time; the cartomizers last a long time, and you can get lots of flavors and strengths of your choice. I suggest starting with the high nicotine. I love the espresso, and in my experience, these are the best of the mini cigs. Most folks don't like the big battery e cigs when they start. I still don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread