Helping my girlfriends mother quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinstinct

Nov 2, 2011
United States
She's home most of the time, I'm guessing, so I would get an ego passthrough, an outlet-> USB converter, some atomizers, and some liquid (examples of which brian has posted). The great thing about the eGo passthrough is that it includes a battery, so she can simply unplug it and take it with her if she goes out, and be good to go for 6+ hours. This minimizes parts -- no charger needed, probably no other spare batteries, and it means when she's plugged in that she'll get always get a good hit.

So with this, even if the battery dies, will she still be able to get a good hit if it's plugged in?

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So with this, even if the battery dies, will she still be able to get a good hit if it's plugged in?

Yes. It won't be an "optimal" hit if it's plugged into a computer's USB port since the voltage will be lower, but it will be a perfect hit every time if it's plugged into any "wall wart". You probably have one if you have a smartphone or iPhone.

vinstinct

Nov 2, 2011
United States
Yes. It won't be an "optimal" hit if it's plugged into a computer's USB port since the voltage will be lower, but it will be a perfect hit every time if it's plugged into any "wall wart". You probably have one if you have a smartphone or iPhone.

Yeah, makes sense, I'm relatively good with electronics, so I figured it would probably be like that. I ended up going with the KGO from Hoosiers.. I ended up getting E-juice from there because it made me eligible for free shipping and I thought I would give it a try.. I just hope I can figure out how to fill it properly.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, makes sense, I'm relatively good with electronics, so I figured it would probably be like that. I ended up going with the KGO from Hoosiers.. I ended up getting E-Juice from there because it made me eligible for free shipping and I thought I would give it a try.. I just hope I can figure out how to fill it properly.

GREAT pick. Seriously.

The kGo battery lasts a really long time, so she won't have to fuss with recharging multiple times during the day, & the moment the battery does die, she'll be able to swap it for the one that was on the charger.

Another nice thing is the kGo gives arguably the greatest "hit" of the fat batt non-mods. It has a high starting voltage & the 1100mAh keeps things nice & toasty throughout the vaping period.

Did you order anything else besides the kGo kit & juice? I only ask because the kGo only comes with 5 pre-filled cartridges, meaning she'll be able to start immediately. As soon as she notices a burnt taste or lack of vapor, you will have to refill the cartidges. They usually take about 10-15 drops, which you'll place on the filler at the bottom of each cartridge until it looks "slushy". Just ensure that you fill it just until it doesn't absorb more juice, otherwise it could leak out the bottom of the atomizer. Not the end of the world but it will negatively affect her experience.

vinstinct

Nov 2, 2011
United States
Did you order anything else besides the kGo kit & juice? I only ask because the kGo only comes with 5 pre-filled cartridges, meaning she'll be able to start immediately. As soon as she notices a burnt taste or lack of vapor, you will have to refill the cartidges. They usually take about 10-15 drops, which you'll place on the filler at the bottom of each cartridge until it looks "slushy". Just ensure that you fill it just until it doesn't absorb more juice, otherwise it could leak out the bottom of the atomizer. Not the end of the world but it will negatively affect her experience.

Actually I don't believe the KGO comes with any filled cartridges.. It says on the site:

Package contents:
2 batteries 1100mAh NOW WITH 5 CLICK BUTTON PROTECTION!
1 atomizer
6 empty cartridges
1 USB charger (420mAh charge rate)
1 USB wall adaptor
1 Bigbore cone (Which I don't get because I got the pink one, only one available)
1 instruction booklet

This is everything else I ordered with it...

1 HEC001-PINK | KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB - $42.00
KGO Color Options: Pink (Not BigBore)

1 HEC039-50MT18 | Dekang E-Liquids 18mg - $11.00
Dekang E-Juice 18mg: Menthol 18mg 50ml

4 CE-2 rubber tip for cartomizers - $0.60 $2.40

1 | HEC004 | 2.0 ohm low resistance 510 - $7.00
cartomizer.(single coil) 5 pack

18 | HEC018-510PFM | KGO atomizers and cartridges - $0.20 $3.60
Pre-Filled(Menthol) 510 cartridge 18mg

1 | HEC016-BKDRIP | Plastic Drip Tip - $1.25

Total: $63.89

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Actually I don't believe the KGO comes with any filled cartridges.. It says on the site:

Package contents:
2 batteries 1100mAh NOW WITH 5 CLICK BUTTON PROTECTION!
1 atomizer
6 empty cartridges
1 USB charger (420mAh charge rate)
1 USB wall adaptor
1 Bigbore cone (Which I don't get because I got the pink one, only one available)
1 instruction booklet

This is everything else I ordered with it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 | HEC001-PINK | KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB | $42.00 | $42.00 KGO Color Options: Pink (Not BigBore) 1 | HEC039-50MT18 | Dekang E-Liquids 18mg | $11.00 | $11.00 Dekang E-Juice 18mg: Menthol 18mg 50ml 4 | HEC023 | CE-2 rubber tip for cartomizers | $0.60 | $2.40 1 | HEC004 | 2.0 ohm low resistance 510 | $7.00 | $7.00 | cartomizer.(single coil) 5 pack 18 | HEC018-510PFM | KGO atomizers and cartridges | $0.00 | $3.60 Atomizers and cartridges: +$0.20 Pre-Filled(Menthol) 510 cartridge 18mg 1 | HEC016-BKDRIP | Plastic Drip Tip | $1.25 | $1.25 Black and white drip tips: Black ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Subtotal $67.25 Less Coupon 5off ($3.36) Subtotal $63.89 Tax $0.00 Shipping (USPS flat rate shipping) $4.00 Less Free Shipping ($4.00) Shipping Subtotal $0.00 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Balance Due $63.89

Congrats on your purchase and it looks good. Eventually, down the road, you can save even more by DIY'ing your juices. There's a forum here for that. Half the battle is already won with your Mon-In-Law vaping already.

Edit: Do not allow the batts to completely discharge as they will not last as long. Use them until they about 75% empty and then recharge. Figure on each 100 mah is equal to 1 hour of use.

Last edited:

JeffGlenellen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Boardman,Ohio
V2cigs.com They are arguably the best in the business,amazing throat hit and vapor production,plus their kits are all some of the cheaper end in the busines and their carts are the cheapest,especially the more you buy. I have been using them since the last day I had an analog,August 28th and I haven't had a single setback,they literally saved my life

vinstinct

Nov 2, 2011
United States
Just wanted to write a quick update.

So the package came in the mail on Monday (very quickly). The extra carts that I bought were in the same bag as the refill liquid. The refill liquid leaked some (not a lot), and I told Brent froom Hoosiers, and he wrote me that he would send me another bottle right away. Really great customer service. She really likes the unit and it looks like it can save us some money in the long run.

Right now I'm current looking at VaporRenu.com and their 16oz wholesale bottle ($69, that's about $4.31 per 30ml) but doesn't include a flavor. Possibly thinking about getting the higher nicotine doseage and then cutting it down to save even more money. Does the juice eventually go bad though?

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Thanks for the info, so the battery is 1100mah, so charge about every 7-8 hours of use?

The more often you recharge them, the longer they'll last. The more you just use them until they won't go anymore, the sooner they'll die. Mine will last for 7 or 8 hours, but I try not to go that long before I swap out and put the one I've been using on the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread