Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ok I cant find this issue anywhere and I feel like it is clearly somehow me, how I squonk? IDK.

I cant keep my feed tube attached all of a sudden :blink: It refuses to stay on. I dont know why :(

I have done everything I can think of to do and my feed tube just wont stay seated. What is the secret here (most likely what am I doing wrong???)

ETA this just started yesterday and has never been an issue previously. New Reo from Rob bought in Feb 2014)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Didja take it off - accidentally on purpose - at some point?

Mine have never gone anywhere. (Famous last words...) All I can think of is you aren't getting it fully up in there in place. Try unscrewing the delrin cover so you can slide it down a bit onto the tubing and see what you are doing. It needs to be up in there, past the hole in the delrin it goes through. Maybe the end of your tubing is getting hung up on the hole in the cover, and you aren't getting it fully back in place?

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Didja take it off - accidentally on purpose - at some point?

Mine have never gone anywhere. (Famous last words...) All I can think of is you aren't getting it fully up in there in place. Try unscrewing the delrin cover so you can slide it down a bit onto the tubing and see what you are doing. It needs to be up in there, past the hole in the delrin it goes through. Maybe the end of your tubing is getting hung up on the hole in the cover, and you aren't getting it fully back in place?

I went to fill it and it popped off - never took it off previously. It was still fine after that for weeks and then yesterday *poof* I squonked, vaped - super airy draw, so I open door its not attached. So I spent some time getting it back in there and every 3-5 squonks it pops off. I have removed the delrin cover and made sure it was all the way home - that lasted about 5 squonks. I also trimmed just a tiny hair off of the top of the tube in case it was stretched maybe? and not holding on prior to removing the delrin cover and performing surgery. I guess I could buy super glue :confused:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You are probably not getting through the hole in delrin block. It needs to go all the way up.
Take out the screw and block.
clean and dry everything while your at it.
Slide the hose through the hole in the delrin block.
practice the position needed to get the hose and block in place.
Put a drop of super glue on the post.
Slide the hose on.
Reinsert the screw with a small driver only tighten finger tip tight. Stop as soon as it get tights do not give it that little extra turn.
don't forget to noalox the firing pin

EDIT: saw that you did take the block off, yes I've found if I don't use the glue it will come off easily.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Thanks all!! Super Glue it is! And thank you FB I thought I was losing my mind....or more of it? Whatever :)

So - to store for super glue, delrin cover off one last time will place and glue it the same way the Master does in the rebuild video. Will clean *again* while I am in there and Im sure it will be good as new!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks all!! Super Glue it is! And thank you FB I thought I was losing my mind....or more of it? Whatever :)

So - to store for super glue, delrin cover off one last time will place and glue it the same way the Master does in the rebuild video. Will clean *again* while I am in there and Im sure it will be good as new!

The super glue is a great idea. It will hold the tubing in place.

If your tubing is slipping off easily it might be reacting to your juice. You might also consider picking up some more tubing from Robert. Some juices will cause problems.

The tubing should fit tightly if it does not then something is making the tube stretch.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hmmm...wonder if its juice related? Ive used the same juice 99% of the time for 7 months and its what I run through my Reo Grand all the time. I use my OG mini for my "change of pace" flavors...I know Mackman and a few others use the same - its GLV Deadly Sin.

Anyone else have a juice reaction with it?

If so....mebbe I just need to order 56342 tubes from Rob....LOL

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I've not had this issue, but here's what I'd check: If it's popping off when you squonk, maybe you've got some blockage above the tube in the connector so the juice has nowhere to go and is forcing the tube off. Try cleaning the connector really good with a syringe and water to make sure it's free flowing. Maybe even poke a thin needle down it.

I hope you report back to let us know. I don't remember seeing this issue before.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I've not had this issue, but here's what I'd check: If it's popping off when you squonk, maybe you've got some blockage above the tube in the connector so the juice has nowhere to go and is forcing the tube off. Try cleaning the connector really good with a syringe and water to make sure it's free flowing. Maybe even poke a thin needle down it.

I hope you report back to let us know. I don't remember seeing this issue before.

Thats friggin brilliant. Will def try this first! I did clean it Sunday right before this issue started but for whatever reason this never occurred to me! Catastrophe - you may be a genius :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Since I am at work and without screwdriver and super glue - I did have a syringe (emergency coil mandrel LOL) so I flushed out everything and I did test squeeze prior to and after and there was resistance before a royal flush of the connector.

And FB it was sliding on easy prior to the teensy trim I gave it, now its a tough doobie to get on, but was still popping off. Im wondering if maybe CATastrophe may have hit the nail on the head with cleaning the connector.....we shall see :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
You didn't by chance take your RM2 apart and clean it did you?

Not recently - its been about a week. I cleaned it a while back and put it aside and played around with a hornet. I switched back to the RM2 a little less than a week ago, last wednesday-ish. Other than dry burn, rinse, rewick - no disassembling.

So far, the cleaning of the connector may have done it - for the first time in almost 24 hours I have squonked well over 5 times. LOL. I am slightly optimistic.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Not recently - its been about a week. I cleaned it a while back and put it aside and played around with a hornet. I switched back to the RM2 a little less than a week ago, last wednesday-ish. Other than dry burn, rinse, rewick - no disassembling.

So far, the cleaning of the connector may have done it - for the first time in almost 24 hours I have squonked well over 5 times. LOL. I am slightly optimistic.

That's progress. :)

Treekiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Earth for now.
Do you vape high VG juices? I think CATastrophe may have nailed the issue and from your recent posts it seems all is good now.

I noticed that my backup RM2 (been setting for more than a week) had juice that had started to thicken and was rather sticky. Maybe that was the cause of what seems to have been a clog.
Would PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) remove this better than hot water or is hot water good all that is needed?

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
That's a good thought, Tree. I never leave my unused RBAs dirty. I always wash and air dry before tucking them away. It may very well have been a bit of VG gunk somewhere. I would think a good soak in hot water and a rinse would get rid of any sticky VG.

So Creepy, glad to hear it's working. :) I'd also soak that RBA in hot water followed by a good rinse in case it is a bit of gunky VG.

A dab of super glue isn't a bad idea, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread