help, just got a 6v mod with 510 HV atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhawk

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Kansas
Going from a KR8 to a 6 volt set up is like switching from ultralight beer to 30 year old scotch.

Well put ! I was thinking the same thing . In my experience the 901 atomizer definitely has a different flavor than the 510 so maybe you should just stick with 901's plus I don't think 3.3 is a very high resistance so at 6 volts that's going way up in wattage maybe someone else knows the exact amount .

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i might add way too much juice then have leaking then i take 2-3 hits before geting the burnt taste that tells me to add more juice. This isnt worth it

A drip tip and a thicker juice work best for me. But there's definitely a learning curve. I only use my 6v mod when I'm home because it is 2 drips, 2 hits, 2 drips, 2 hits. I started vaping in August, it took a lot of trial and error to get from a DSE901 to an eGo to a 6v mod. Please don't take this badly, but I think it's comparable to going from kindergarten to graduate school, but skipping over four years of high school.

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
What you need to do is step down to a single 17670 battery which will bring you down to 3.7 volts then try an
LR atty either 1.5 or 2.0 ohm , this combination will put you closer to 5 volt and will make your life easier. On the
plus side you will get longer battery life, use less juice, get longer atty life. and do away with the burnt taste., and be able to take 6 to 8 nice draws off your Prodigy V3.1 before re-dripping.

Last edited:

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
20???? i get 10max...
3.7 or 5v seems like its more for you man like said before get a 2.7 bat and lr atty
switching to a different volatage is a step you gotta take slowly

as far as flavor goes with the atty clean it let it dry and look inside for a burnt wick or plastic might be your cause of bad taste

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
isnt there any way to get 20 or 30 draws between dripping? Im tired of this dripping. Thanks everyone for the advice. Im considering trying everything

Not even on an eGo with a standard atty will you get that many draws while dripping. I've been able to pull off 12, but that's stretching it a bit. Your 3.5ohms attys might work better at 5V vaping, but they're hardly going to scratch the surface at 6V. I'll throw in my vote for backing down to 3.7V with a LR atty, preferably a 1.8 or 1.5ohm atty.

It's just been my observation in my very short tenure at 6V vaping that darker juices taste like ..... Lighter colored juices, some fruits and creamy flavors come alive. But HV vaping isn't for everyone and it isn't something I do all the time.

Last edited:

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
isnt there any way to get 20 or 30 draws between dripping? Im tired of this dripping. Thanks everyone for the advice. Im considering trying everything

This is why a whole lot of vapers are clammering all over juice feeders. Check into 'em if you haven't heard. Reo, Ali'i, Phidius, VapeMate, etc. I still drip with my second & third PV's with different flavors, but my main PV is the Reo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread