Status
Not open for further replies.

inksane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Minnesota
www.halfpricepartybus.com
I have a maxi roughstack v2 that I have been vaping on for about 2 months now without any problem, so tonight I go to unscrew the cap to remove the batteries like I do every night, and the cap unscrews about 1 revolution and then stops and I can't for the life of me get it off. I tried using 2 big channel locks and all that did was chew the hell out of the powdercoat which sucks because I had the black stardust one that looked sweet. So now I have to ship it back to mad vapes and wait for a replacement. Hopefully my blue lightning tube mod will get me by until my rs comes back. Anyone have any tips I could try.

Kyle

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
You could try banging on one end while the other is on a hard surface to unseat the stuck thread but it sounds pretty bad at this point. If there was never any lube on the threads it could be a cause, but I'm thinking it was cross-threaded the last time it was screwed on. I'm hitting on my maxi right now and feeling your pain. I hope you get some great presents later today!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Since it's aluminum on aluminum, a little lubricant will minimize wear and binding. ECF members recommend noalox, but I just use a drop of machine oil, wiping off the excess. Any petroleum based product will work - Vaseline, motor oil etc. Hope you can get it open and then at least reclose it, as I don't know that bad threads can be salvaged. If not you now have a spare switch assembly, if you get it open it may just be a little loose but still work. Good luck!

inksane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Minnesota
www.halfpricepartybus.com
roughstack.jpg

Here is the carnage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread