Help me! bad aweful taste!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Okay, so I just started vaping for almost a week now. I got an eGo-T kit. I have been using only one of them and just today. I notice some drags I get this awful burnt taste. I dont know if I need to clean my atomizer or what not. I haven't clean it yet since I started using it so maybe that is the problem? Also I haven't clean it yet because I am just finally getting around to looking up ways of cleaning today on here and youtube.

Also once a day or so I get a little leak on coming out at the bottom of the atomizer. I am trying to find different ways to mod or switch but I am clueless and been trying to find different ways on here but I am a bit confuse and lost. The place where I did get my eGo-T from did suggest I switch to a Clearomizer and get a cone.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!​

luvinitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
illinois
I'm not really educated on the ego t but I'm thinking that like a regular atty it can get burnt and or gunked up so that being said you could try taking the atomizer off of the battery then take the tank off and then twist a piece of paper towel and put it in the atomizer where the tank was and blow into the threaded battery end and that should clear out most of the burnt juice....did your kit come with two attys ? My suggestion would be to use the clean one and order yourself some low resistance cartomizers,IMO they are much easier to use. Best of luck to you :)

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
I'm not really educated on the ego t but I'm thinking that like a regular atty it can get burnt and or gunked up so that being said you could try taking the atomizer off of the battery then take the tank off and then twist a piece of paper towel and put it in the atomizer where the tank was and blow into the threaded battery end and that should clear out most of the burnt juice....did your kit come with two attys ? My suggestion would be to use the clean one and order yourself some low resistance cartomizers,IMO they are much easier to use. Best of luck to you :)

Thank you, i'll give that a try tonight.

I have the ego-t and I gave up on the atty's and tanks and now I use the boge 2.0 LR cartomizer and I am much happier..Just my opinion..

I am considering getting a cartomizer but I do like the tank so far from my experience so far with the tank.

My experience with that tank style is that they don't wick efficiently enough. Wicking would refer to the juice getting to the coil where it is heated to a vapor. I believe it is inherent to the design and possibly your vaping style. I would suggest trying direct dripping if at all possible.
Good luck...

thanks for the info. I was considering a direct drip, but i tired it a couple times and it was way too harsh for me.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Okay, so I just started vaping for almost a week now. I got an eGo-T kit. I have been using only one of them and just today. I notice some drags I get this awful burnt taste. I dont know if I need to clean my atomizer or what not. I haven't clean it yet since I started using it so maybe that is the problem? Also I haven't clean it yet because I am just finally getting around to looking up ways of cleaning today on here and youtube.

Also once a day or so I get a little leak on coming out at the bottom of the atomizer. I am trying to find different ways to mod or switch but I am clueless and been trying to find different ways on here but I am a bit confuse and lost. The place where I did get my eGo-T from did suggest I switch to a Clearomizer and get a cone.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!​

Turnip

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
Australia
Hello Boomi, just saw your post. Sounds as though your experience is similar to what happened to me when I started with the Ego T, but fwiw here's my 2cents worth. Perhaps you try the bicarbonate cleaning method, (I have bought a couple of T attys back from the dead with it) and then when its dry prime it and start over- However sometimes Ts have wick problems so that may not work.
Also when inserting the cartridge make sure you have the flat sides on the cartridge lined up with the flat sides on the atty..plus make sure your juice isnt too thick, you could add a bit of PG if you think it is.
EgoT attys arent the easiest , actually they can be really flukey! I went through quite few atomisers and got cranky and moved on to the Ego T type B atomisers - still use the same batteries, just a matter of getting a couple of B atomisers and some type B cartridges, I found it to be a much easier system to use. I use 510 Ts and the EgoT type B..no more hassles and much more reliable.

Best regards,

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Hello Boomi, just saw your post. Sounds as though your experience is similar to what happened to me when I started with the Ego T, but fwiw here's my 2cents worth. Perhaps you try the bicarbonate cleaning method, (I have bought a couple of T attys back from the dead with it) and then when its dry prime it and start over- However sometimes Ts have wick problems so that may not work.
Also when inserting the cartridge make sure you have the flat sides on the cartridge lined up with the flat sides on the atty..plus make sure your juice isnt too thick, you could add a bit of PG if you think it is.
EgoT attys arent the easiest , actually they can be really flukey! I went through quite few atomisers and got cranky and moved on to the Ego T type B atomisers - still use the same batteries, just a matter of getting a couple of B atomisers and some type B cartridges, I found it to be a much easier system to use. I use 510 Ts and the EgoT type B..no more hassles and much more reliable.

Best regards,

Thank you for the information. I dont know if mine is an eGo T type a or type b. what is the bicarbonate cleaning method?? any instructions or video?? i was playing with my eGo T today and some hitts it feels like new again and all of a sudden bad nasty burnt taste again. I am going to try and adjust the wick and see if it helps. Also I notice some cartridge fits in easy and nice and some are hard and needs a little force. is that normal?

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
i had the wicked model of those,,i sold them because they leaked if i layed it down ,and it went thru the juice way too fast,
warm vapor and massive amounts vapor tho

my doesnt leak if i lay it down. my leaks a little and its once every other day but for the past 2 days no leak. Going thru juice fast, while I am not too sure as this is my first PV, so I wouldnt know if mine was normal or not.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
boom, i went through the exact same things. It seems that it takes a long while for that thing to wick so if you take a couple hits and its good, its probably nice and wet and then maybe you are hitting it again before it is able to wick more. I tried to do the wick thingie too and totally destroyed the wick. I finally said "screw it" and got some cartomizers, now i love the CE2 clearomizers, and have not had anymore issues. And hey, if you come on Saturday, you can try some of my cartos and clearos if you want to see how you like em! It seems most people do eventually get tired of messing with those tanks and move onto other things tho!

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
boom, i went through the exact same things. It seems that it takes a long while for that thing to wick so if you take a couple hits and its good, its probably nice and wet and then maybe you are hitting it again before it is able to wick more. I tried to do the wick thingie too and totally destroyed the wick. I finally said "screw it" and got some cartomizers, now i love the CE2 clearomizers, and have not had anymore issues. And hey, if you come on Saturday, you can try some of my cartos and clearos if you want to see how you like em! It seems most people do eventually get tired of messing with those tanks and move onto other things tho!

Yeah, I am almost on the point of getting cartos. Have you ever tried the clearomizers? Also yes, I am coming on Saturday, my schedule for work is open for now that I know aware of.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
yeah, i mainly use clearomizers -- love them but some people prefer the cartomizers, all a matter of personal preference i guess. I think i get a better flavor from the clearos and i like being able to see where my juice is so i dont run dry.

Thanks for the info. I am considering getting a couple clearomizers, cartos and possibly tanks but the type B since a few members have recommend the type B attys. Want to have a couple different types so I can test which ones better fit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread