Help me decide what (if anything) to buy - please!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zencatx

Aug 1, 2012
PA, USA
I've been vaping for over a year and have never used anything but cartos. I'd love to try one of the new delivery alternative like a clearo, but I'm really so confused about them that I'm at a loss. :-( I need something that will work out to be close to cartos, affordability-wise. A carto lasts me from 3 to 6 days, and that's fine cause they're so cheap. But a clearo that costs from $3 to $6 ... unless they last a LOT longer than a clearo, I can't afford them. :-( I also need something that's close to cartos in ease of use and reliability. I seem to have read more negative posts and reviews than positive ones about all of the various alternatives, and like I said I'm totally confused.

My batteries are X2s. Is there an alternative delivery system out there that's affordable, easy to use, reliable, and delivers a good vape? Or am I better off to just stick with cartos?

Any advice sincerely appreciated, and thanks in advance.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
EVODs are pretty cheap and they hit pretty well (almost as good as cartos, for hit and flavor), but you'd have to fiddle with adapters (808>eGo) and beauty rings (not a big deal for MANUAL X2s, but a PITA when recharging Spinners. Most people have trouble using adapters with AUTO X2s). I used cartos almost exclusively for 2 years until I tried these.

Initial cost is about $4-5, then +/- $1 for replaceable heads. Adapters and beauty rings (aka eGo thread sleeves) run around $2-3 each. There are also these that I haven't tried yet, that are dirt cheap: http://.........blogspot.com/2013/09/flash-gs-h5-replaceable-head-bcc-310.html (808>510 adapter).

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
guess its kinda renting a carto and buying a clearo...

I'll talk about what I like, the Kanger "bcc" (bottom coil changeable):

carto is a coil wrapped in foam drenched in fluid, when coil peters out, throw it away ($1.00)

clearo is a tank full of fluid that has a removable coil in it, when coil peters out, replace it ($1.00,but rebuildable)

- Kanger ProTank & Evod Coil Replacement **5 Pack - 2.2 ohms
- Kanger eVod bottom coil clearomizer - Stainless
- Kanger Mini ProTank II w/ Removable Drip Tip
- Kanger ProTank - Blue Glass (economy packing)
-----------------------------

then just for giggles, a Top Coil style :
- Kanger T2 Clearomizer - Blue - 2.2ohm - Long Wick
- Kanger T2 Innard - 5 Pack - 2.2-2.4ohms - LONG wick

hope that helps some

Happy Vaping :)

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
Zen, I recommend you try SI's new mini clearomizers. :)

Second these, or try a couple of the mini T3s, they look better on the larger batts and I haven't had any trouble w/them (larger ones are a bit more trouble).

But the mini clearos are great too, just ordered 10 more for this sale. I use those on the regular 78s though.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Zen, I recommend you try SI's new mini clearomizers. :)

Second these, or try a couple of the mini T3s, they look better on the larger batts and I haven't had any trouble w/them (larger ones are a bit more trouble).

But the mini clearos are great too, just ordered 10 more for this sale. I use those on the regular 78s though.

Another vote for the SI Mini Clearomizers. Same diameter as the standard SI cartomizers but a little bit longer. Super easy to fill. I haven't any leaks in a little over 2 weeks of usage. Great flavor and vapor production. Perfect draw in my opinion. Not too airy and not too restrictive. $2.99 each and you can get them for a little less using a coupon code.

In my opinion, they are easier to use than cartos because they are easier to fill.

I've been rotating 4 of the Mini Cleraomizers for about 2 weeks and so far they are all still going strong.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I recommend the SI Mini Clearomizers too. Easy to fill and give a great vape. Two of mine are over a month old and 12 are about 3+ weeks old. Because I like a variety of flavors I have 4 to 6 of them in use every day. But rotating from one to another makes it hard to estimate how long they will last. None have worn out yet. I refill several times and then rinse them out, let dry and dry burn them. I have done that several times with a few of them. I know that by the labels on them.

They work on any of SI's batts. I use them on my stick batts, X2's and Spinners. I have also used them on eGo minis with an adapter. They just work great on everything.

Another possibility would be the mini T3. They're more expensive but the replacement heads are only 2.99. If that price is okay with you then you might want to order one (1) on an order to give them a try. They look great on the X2 and the Spinner and I get a good vape from them. But I like the Mini Clearomizers better. :)

JibbaJabba

Apr 2, 2013
PDX USA
I have yet to try any of the SI clearos so I can't comment on them. In fact, the only clearos I've used are the Kanger E-smarts. They work so well I haven't had to look for any alternatives. They are easy to use (just unscrew the mouthpiece and fill), have threaded mouthpieces, and pretty long lasting (on average about 30-40 ml before they die), and cost about 2.50 each from the site I order them at.

e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
The SI mini clearos are a great transitions from cartos. I started with V2 cigs starter kit and my first journey into liquids was their version of the SI mini clearos called the Liquimax. They last a really long time as long as you take care of them. I had some last for several months. Best bang for the buck IMO.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Either a standard or mini clearo or T3/mini T3, or even the CE3 are all good choices and will outlast a carto. What I have to ask you is how you vape? Do you take long, hard drags or do you take easy drags? I take long, slow, easy drags and the bottom coil devices work fine for me, but the top coils get too hot for my tastes. My wife takes very hard drags and can easily pull liquid right through a bottom coil device while the top coils perform perfectly for her. Vaping style has a lot to do with it. The new T4 from SI, a small top coil, is my wife's favorite and she's tried everything from Kangers, Vivi Novas and a bunch of others. For me, a CE3 or a T3 are great and my "mainstays" and I also have Protanks and Raven tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread