Help me wick my brunhilde MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Many thanks. On my way to finish the first time and my cotton is spotless. Got my fingers crossed :)

Don't forget to post back with your results.
Although i have to be honest and i wish you encounter some trouble,that means you will post about it, @Daniel Forsyth will have to make an appearance and try to give you a solution.

Bothering him is a secret pleasure of mine :D:D

Reactions: Abady

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Don't forget to post back with your results.
    Although i have to be honest and i wish you encounter some trouble,that means you will post about it, @Daniel Forsyth will have to make an appearance and try to give you a solution.

Bothering him is a secret pleasure of mine :D:D

We don't want any trouble here:grr:

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Well the pressure is on nowo_O
    @Abady , I was using MTL Clapton wire when I got my first of 5 Brunhilde's and I also use Vapefly firebolt cotton(have done for a long time). So I know the wire, the cotton and the tank really well. I now use flat wire. Still firebolt cotton(not pinko_O)
    I vape 30/70 PG/VG. My MTL Brunhilde's are vaped at tootle puffin' 20.1 watts:)
    As far as putting the wick through the coil you want to do it the same as any other coil on an rba, it sounds like you're doing that ok. If you want any more wicking tips there's a few threads in the Forum here with great info.
    Give your wick a trim so they come roughly past the top o-ring and then fluff the :censored: out of em'.
    You want to really expose as many single little threads on the cotton as possible to make contact with the stainless steel rods.
    Once given a good fluff just lightly plonk the cotton straight on top of the SS rods.
    Those rods don't have a problem at all with wicking.
    View attachment 894353
    View attachment 894355
    I've never had any issues with quick gunking up of the wick, mine always last at least a couple of weeks.

Some other tips may come to mind a little later but I'm not quite fully awake yet, so that be it for now:thumb:
    Any questions at all feel free to ask away:D

Edit: just regarding the SS rods. Make sure they are poking out through deck about 1mm so the cotton can make contact around the top of the rods. I've always found it wicks better if the rods poke up a little:)

47auqw.jpg

Ok so i've been watching some videos so I'm ready to wick that big boy when it arrives.
    Quick question about the ''ends'' of the wick,do you leave them that wide?

With my PeaceMaker i usually trim the sides a bit so the end of the cotton ends up with a pointy end.

You do that with the Brunhilde or it's always as wide as i see in the pic?

cheers :)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    View attachment 894597

Ok so i've been watching some videos so I'm ready to wick that big boy when it arrives.
    Quick question about the ''ends'' of the wick,do you leave them that wide?

With my PeaceMaker i usually trim the sides a bit so the end of the cotton ends up with a pointy end.

You do that with the Brunhilde or it's always as wide as i see in the pic?

cheers :)

It's wicked a lot different than a normal RTA, she's not normalo_O
    I always leave them wide with Brunhilde:thumb:
    It wicked just like an RDA because of the SS rods poking through the deck so all you have left is a juice well to put your wick in to. That's why I leave it nice and wide to spread the cotton around:)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    It's wicked a lot different than a normal RTA, she's not normalo_O
    I always leave them wide with Brunhilde:thumb:
    It wicked just like an RDA because of the SS rods poking through the deck so all you have left is a juice well to put your wick in to. That's why I leave it nice and wide to spread the cotton around:)

Thanks buddy,much appreciated.

With the nugget of wisdom you just imparted and the videos I've watched i think i won't screw up the first time i wick the Brunhilde.

cheers

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    to be honest I'm still trying to give myself an excuse to buy a Kayfun lite 2019 just to compare flavors :)

P.S. if anyone has experience with both RTAs... how do you compare the flavor on both?
    I have KFL19's, Prime's, K5 and KFL+'s. Don't have a Brunhilde (yet) so I can't offer a comparison. And you never need an excuse to buy a Kayfun mate. :D

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Don't have a Brunhilde (yet) so I can't offer a comparison.

Brunhilde Brunhilde Brunhilde!!

Already contacted @Daniel Forsyth ,our top operatives that are located in your region have received their orders,rest of our troops will cover all the exits...you will get that Brunhilde...oh yes...you will!!

47c30b.jpg

Abady

Jun 25, 2020
    I have KFL19's, Prime's, K5 and KFL+'s. Don't have a Brunhilde (yet) so I can't offer a comparison. And you never need an excuse to buy a Kayfun mate. :D
    Awesome! Get the Brunhilde already and tell us how it fairs. Which one, if any, do you enjoy the most? which one is the most flavorful?

Here's a good excuse... I need a new tank and mod just in case I drop mine and break it... convincing enough? :)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Awesome! Get the Brunhilde already and tell us how it fairs. Which one, if any, do you enjoy the most? which one is the most flavorful?

Here's a good excuse... I need a new tank and mod just in case I drop mine and break it... convincing enough? :)

You mentioned you need a new mod.
    May I strongly recommend having a good look at the range of mods that Asmodus have;)
    Extremely well made mods for a very reasonable price!!!
    And I'm known around here as the Asmodus King:thumb: as well as Brunhilde's B:censored:tch so I can help you out with any info. needed. There's also plenty of other Asmodus owners around with heaps of knowledge.
    We will all help to get you the best price on your hardware when you're ready to purchase too Mate:)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

Geez, o_O ...everyone is on me to get a Brunhilde. :eek: :D

All Kayfun's are super flavorful. I am really liking the KFL19's but still use the others too. It's hard to pick one over the others. But... if I had to, it would be the KFL19.

IMO everyone needs multiple tanks and mods. Backups for the backups +more.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Brunhilde Brunhilde Brunhilde!!

Already contacted @Daniel Forsyth ,our top operatives that are located in your region have received their orders,rest of our troops will cover all the exits...you will get that Brunhilde...oh yes...you will!!

View attachment 894683
    Tell you what, if Sam Elliott shows up at my door I'll buy 3 Brunhilde's on the spot. He's one of my favorite actors.

In the meantime those operatives won't make it into my home. Dog will see to that. If that fails my helicopter is on the roof waiting to swoop us outta here.

You guys kill me :D :lol:.

A Brunhilde MTL RTA is in my .... .. ................. !!!
    ..........................................:glug:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    You mentioned you need a new mod.
    May I strongly recommend having a good look at the range of mods that Asmodus have;)
    Extremely well made mods for a very reasonable price!!!
    And I'm known around here as the Asmodus King:thumb: as well as Brunhilde's B:censored:tch so I can help you out with any info. needed. There's also plenty of other Asmodus owners around with heaps of knowledge.
    We will all help to get you the best price on your hardware when you're ready to purchase too Mate:)
    :lol: :lol: Never saw that coming. Excuse me your majesty, how can a King be Brunhilde's biatch? Thought she would be your Queen mate. :D

@Abady, as an asMODus owner I concur with Daniel. I have several including one that the King, and his henchmen, are after (my precious Ohmsmium). He thinks it's his precious and is after it.
    precious.jpg

Asmodus does make excellent quality mods. Check 'em out.

Reactions: Abady

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    G'day @Abady :)
    Just thought I'd pop in and get a progress report on how your wick has been going!!
    Don't be shy to ask plenty of questions if you're after some more hardware too, we're all here to help:D
    I hope everything's coming along all white Mate:thumbs:

Abady

Jun 25, 2020
    G'day @Abady :)
    Just thought I'd pop in and get a progress report on how your wick has been going!!
    Don't be shy to ask plenty of questions if you're after some more hardware too, we're all here to help:D
    I hope everything's coming along all white Mate:thumbs:

@Daniel Forsyth Thanks for asking. I changed my wick last night, but only because I changed flavors... It was surprisingly clean. I'm pretty sure now that my problem was over-stuffing the cotton inside the coil.

Regarding hardware, I looked at some reviews on the Kayfun lite 2019 and got scared a little. I'm still a noob and everything is so small in the kayfun scared me off.... I'm considering getting a second brunhilde (yup lol)... what's not to like? I can check the condition of my wick/wire on the fly... I have enough room to build using exotic wires with different IDs. It works like an RDTA, and I have no problem with size or the flavor so I think the brunhilde is a safe bet.

As for Mods. I'm currently using Aegis Solo. I learned that 18650 is great for MTL and would prefer to stay with that. My only problem with the mod is that the protective rubber makes it difficult to slide the mod in my pocket. I checked Asmodus mods and liked a couple of them but the shops I trust to deliver don't have them. I'm considering getting a Vaporesso Swag II as it is ergonomic enough for me and I can easily source it. What do you think?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @Abady, there's plenty of single battery mods on the market to choose from. Even ones that can use upto a 21700 cell, as they usually come with an 18650 adapter.

The Dovpo Topside Lite looks interesting as it's basically 2 mods for the price of one (Squonk & Normal), but that's about all I know of them.

The new Dovpo Odin Mini looks really interesting, but it's expensive due to it having an Evolv DNA75C chipset and is best used with TC (Temperature Coefficient/Temperature Control) to take full advantage of the chipset. Not to say that it's good in power or wattage mode.

One of my favourites is the SXmini SL class, but yet again expensive due to having a YiHi SX485J chipset.

I would say the Vandy Vape Jackaroo, but it's a bit like the Aegis as it's another ruggedised mod. @Cloud-FF7 can give you plenty of information on those.

Vaporesso Armour Pro, a mod that may be hard to find but it has a decent chipset and is reliable.

But a few ideas only, and as you can see there's a lot of single battery mods on the market. It would be quite a long list indeed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread