[help] mini mag dual 14500 @ 5v w/uni RCA adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
as it stands now though, my current setup some times chokes me from to much vaper. i was talking with Sci in PMs, and pretty much explained all that along with a lot more. with this setup i figure i could always use a LR atty if i wanted to "kind of" experance the 5v. other than that i do plan on getting a box kit to do a 5v mod. just not right now. i would still be using the 14500s but with a booster. i ordered some boosters yesterday and should be here tomorrow. i still need the capacitors though.
untill then i'm using the mini mag for life and my single AAA for out and about.
here is a pic of both of them.

13456_141738692506814_100000120533731_432173_2802281_n.jpg

cool thing about the little one is that all i had to do for a mod on it was shorten the (+) peg and drop it in.

will be snagging some 10440s after this post.
i still need to put a switch into the male rca.
i will be making a dummy battery and using a female rca installed into it to be able to charge these w/o having to pull the batteries out. that was the best solution i could think of since the mini mag will have a battery pack in it.
then when i need to charge i just put a male to male rca wire on them both.

the ***fire batts don't work with the booster. maybe the AW or the other ones (ICR??)?

i think the problem was that they were using one battery and the problem might have been a result of the protection of the 14500s. maybe two in parallel would work.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i think the problem was that they were using one battery and the problem might have been a result of the protection of the 14500s. maybe two in parallel would work.
yeah! some tried them in parallel with success!!! but that would require tons of room... the TI board is way bigger than a buck regulator

guys, need a little help.
with the 510, you cant fit a switch and connection into this bad boy.
is there something that will last that i can rig up.

i was thinking of something simple like bending a strip of copper that would reach up to the top of the rca case solder that into the 510 (+) and then jbweld that end of it together as to not break that connection off.
inside there is a plastic sleeve, drop that around the coper and put a button on top of the highest point of the bend.
when pressed it pushes it down to the nipple of the rca on the inside of the male connection.

anyone have opinions about this idea?

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
guys, need a little help.
with the 510, you cant fit a switch and connection into this bad boy.
is there something that will last that i can rig up.

i was thinking of something simple like bending a strip of copper that would reach up to the top of the rca case solder that into the 510 (+) and then jbweld that end of it together as to not break that connection off.
inside there is a plastic sleeve, drop that around the coper and put a button on top of the highest point of the bend.
when pressed it pushes it down to the nipple of the rca on the inside of the male connection.

anyone have opinions about this idea?

I think I read that right... You don't have to recess the 510, you can also surface mount it. That's what I do with the 901/808 connectors I use. I solder a wire to the + and another to the inside wall of the connector(-). I then run them where I need them.

I didn't think about paralleling the 14500s. Hmmm...:) Just have to get creative with the capacitor placement for the board. MV has some 14650s @ 1300 mAh, wonder if they'd work with a booster?

I think I read that right... You don't have to recess the 510, you can also surface mount it. That's what I do with the 901/808 connectors I use. I solder a wire to the + and another to the inside wall of the connector(-). I then run them where I need them.

I didn't think about paralleling the 14500s. Hmmm...:) Just have to get creative with the capacitor placement for the board. MV has some 14650s @ 1300 mAh, wonder if they'd work with a booster?

any advice on surface mounting?
know of any sleeves i could put over the outside of the 510 batt adapter? look kind of ulgy with this goldish thing sticking out.
just remembered i can use my old battery casing to go around it.

Last edited:
Take a look at this thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/82518-rca-plug-play-mod.html. He put the switch on the outside & then covered it with what looks like epoxy putty.

not a fan of epoxy, i thought you meant the connector.

i want this entire section to be a polished look. i even have silver polished button caps to go on the tact lol.

my brother was talking about making me a longer sleeve, but then that means if i ever want another switch case i have to have him make one.
i might just have him build 2 for the two i currently have and say screw it.
then next time just use a different fitting.. if i ever get some old parts from other people

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
any advice on surface mounting?
know of any sleeves i could put over the outside of the 510 batt adapter? look kind of ulgy with this goldish thing sticking out.

Don't you have one of those small lasers? Seems like you said you were going to rip the switches. I just checked, a gold 510 batt connector will fit in the tube. In fact, the RCA plug may fit in there also, that would give you the room you're looking for and it already has the switch holes in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread