My first box mod :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Cummings

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Just moved to Fort Hood, TX
So I built my first box mod. Most of my parts including the box, batteries (2 14500 3.7v 900mah), connector, and circuit board were purchased from madvapes and got to me within three days of placing the order :). The resistors, button, and capacitors were left over in my electronics junk drawer and the switching regulator was a free sample from TI. It can be found here. I just used it for a 5v mod because it was free. I plan to get more to use with a variable voltage design using multiple resistors and a multi-position switch in future designs.

Here are some pics I took at the bar tonight :p

0105110136.jpg

0105110137.jpg

The only issue I am having with this is I want it to last longer than 5 hours (that's with constant vaping). Is there any batteries I haven't come across yet that last longer and would fit in my mod? Or am I going to have to build a whole new one. My only conclusion so far is to build a whole new one.

Otherwise I love the way this thing vapes. It's even better than my passthru. All questions or comments are welcome. Thanks for viewing,
Ryan

edit: I just looked inside my mod and noticed the positive going to the 510 connector came loose so it turns out my batteries weren't dead. Will update further when I re-solder and recharge.

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You should add a 200 ohm trimmer resister (potentiometer) with a 220 ohm resister in series to the control pin of the regulator for a 3.6v to 6.1v selection.
I bought 5 pots for $1.00 at: Mini 200 ohm Trimmer Resistor (Pkg of 5)-The Electronic Goldmine

Looking at your photo again, looks like there is little room, although the pot is tiny.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks all for your replies. I should have explained better the wire that was soldered to the positive on my 510 connector came undone. I re-soldered and now everything works. It has been ten hours now vaping normally at 5v and batteries are still working :) so far so good. I mean sooooo good lol.

Cool, them poor solder joints will get ya every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread