Not open for further replies.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hi, I am pretty new (1 month) and I have two models so far... the RN4081 and the 510. The same models come under many names. I got mine from an online store called AquaVapor -- and I am very happy with them. Beyond getting a recommendation for a brand, I would suggest you compare prices, compare warranties (at least 30 days on batteries, usually no refunds on other stuff) and read their customer service reviews. I understand you may want to jump right in but highly recommend you carefully select your eCig supplier, as you will be a repeat customer for e-liquids and accessories.

I hope you will become a happy vaporer :) Good luck!

MOONBEAM

Dec 21, 2010
Wa.State
Hi I'm new to ECF but have been vaping sense Aug. 1st and proud to say I haven't had an analog sense. That is after 52 years smoking. I now vap Joye mega ego and love it .I started with A Intellicig which was long lasting bat. and had pretty good vap. but the maga ego make me feel like I'm getting the smoke from a analog. And you not having to charge the Bat. all the time as last alot longer. any good luck

Last edited:

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Hi and welcome!
Go here:
The ECF Library
Read the first six links. Then make an educated decision.

I would love an e-cig that was the size of a regular cigarette, gave me a buzz, a consistent hit and lasted for hours.
If you are a heavy smoker, the battery life simply isn't there in those models, unless you find a passthrough. In that case you would be connected to a USB port to power it. Otherwise, you would have to need 3-4 batteries and rotate
very frequently. Maybe a charging case that looks like a pack of cigarettes called a PCC around here.
Those links above will help.

All the best!

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Hi I'm new to ECF but have been vaping sense Aug. 1st ad proud to say I haven't had an analog sense. That is after 52 years smoking. I now smoke Joye mega ego and love it .I started with A Intellicig which was long lasting bat. and had pretty good vap. but the maga ego make me feel like I'm getting the smoke from a analog. Well good luck on what ever you try.

What the gentleman above is describing is a very popular device and usually covers the needs of most! It doesn't look like a cigarette though. some small compromises and you will be fine!

Moonbeam... after 52 years! Wow! Excellent!!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nope

You can want that but it does not exist.

Small truly cigarette size PV's (super-minis) give a small amount of vapor and a small hit and short battery life

If you go up one step to a mini you can can more vapor and a decent hit (about 120mm long and a bit fatter than a cigarette)

If you want a big hit you may need to go to a fat battery model so you can use LR attys and cartos

Re buzz - I am in the twilight zone? I haven't gotten a big buzz off cigarettes since I was 12 years old. Most of the buzz off cigarettes is caused by breathing smoke, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and 4000 chemicals including toxins. Ecigs don't do that. They can give you satisfying throat hit and aroma and the calming effect of breathing in stuff that feels like how smoking felt, and satisfy nicotine craving.

Last edited:

sosolidgold

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
San Jose, California
the bloog maxfusion seems to kick out the vapor... if i could do it over again, my vaping journey that is, i would get a kr808 or bloog or smokestick. kr808 batts are true 3.7 volts, egos last longer but they don't kick out the same voltage. i started on a rn4081 super mini from a mall kiosk... looked like a cig but was horrible and didn't even know pcc's exist. afterwards i got an ego after i got over my vaping device looking like a cig... i decided it was kinda tacky for me to smoke something that looks like a cig but isn't. so now i have a couple mods and my trusty ego.

notime4nooky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
milton freewater, oregon
IMHO the juice matters more than the ecig. at freedomsmokeusa.com they have a juice that tastes exactly like a burning cigarette, it's called PureCig. the higher the VG percentage, the more vapor you will get, and the 36 mg juice gives a great Nic buzz. as for the brand/style, that is totally personal preference. i have tried most of the major styles and found that the 510 gives the best throat hit and most flavor but with crappy battery life. the 801 gives slightly less flavor but more vapor and over double the battery life. the 901 is sort of in the middle of these 2, not particularly great at anything. the kr808d is the best compromise between the most vapor the best battery life and good battery life. so it really depends on what u r looking for most in an ecig. i get all my hardware from ecigsupply.com and bestecig.com, the latter of which is a chinese supplier. good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread