HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Field

Jan 26, 2019
Hello, I have recently bought some EUC 0.4ohm 40-50w coils in my Vaporesso Tarrot Nano

These coils are burning literally after a day of usage, the nano has smart compatibility and will always auto adjust for when a new tank is put on but these coils still burn, I even adjusted the temp control as I noticed it was getting very hot, please could someone help me find a solution?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This looks like a duplicate thread. They may need to be merged. Amazon and eBay are in fact chock full of counterfeits. Amazon for one doesn’t allow vape gear to be sold there, so just by existing on the site you know someone is already pulling something. The big problem with the both of them though is basically all counterfeits come from under the table manufacturing in China. Getting those products to a wealthy and credulous (the local Chinese have already been burned and won’t buy the stuff) western audience is problematic but amazon and eBay are perfect conduits. As a result they’re full of the stuff.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you using the ceramic or traditional coils? I tried to find out what type of wire your coils you use, as that will determine whether you can use them with Temp Control. The only thing that I could find was this:

From what you said above, you're trying to use TC. You can only use TC if the wire is stainless steel or nickle. You can't use kanthal wire with TC.

You might want to watch this video. It's for a different tank, but the principles are relevant for priming and breaking in all types of coils.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm still unclear if you are using not TC coils.

I would suggest, (as long as it's not a titanium or nickel coil, I don't know this system that well) starting in wattage mode regardless and making sure you prime your coil SUPER well, I believe that is necessary for these coils from what I remember, go low and slow with lots of primer puffs and go from there.... Try Tc once you've gotten good vape for yourself, it will help with your TC settings anyway.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
The .4 ohm coil is a nichrome clapton and not to be used in TC. I use the EUC Ccells in several tanks in Power and TC mode. They work great and they come in .3, .5, and .6 ohm. I rarely go above 30W and get good flavor and vapor. Just because a coil is rated 40-50W it doesn't mean you have to use that much power.

I've been unable to find these on Amazon so far. One quick way to tell a counterfeit, Vaporesso should be printed diagonally on the foil side of the pack. You can also go to Vaporesso.com and verify you have a genuine product under Support using the code printed on the bottom right of the coil pack.

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
So what all coils on Amazon are fake? Got some M2 falcon coils off of a seller on there and they seem legit - even the taste and coil life is bang on. This is Amazon UK of course - maybe it's different in the states?

Op - make sure you prime your coil properly. Let it sit for 20 mins or so without vaping. And never let the mod choose your wattage. The coils you mention are rated at 40-50 watts. Therefore once you have primed your coil, take a couple of unpowered hits (suck it but don't press the fire button). Then start off at 20 watts and every few puffs, increase the wattage by 3-5 watts until you find your sweet spot.

Don't exceed the suggested wattage as this will most likely result in you killing your coil much faster.

• Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Some coils do not last long. Heavy flavour juice and too high wattage are common issues.
I buy the high-ish power rated coils then vape them at 25%-50% of the recommended range. I avoid gunky liquids. **

I try to use Eleaf, Vapesoon and Uwell coils regardless of the tank... many are interchangeable.

I avoid auction and river sites as well. There certainly are lots of counterfeit products on these websites. Beside, you can buy the authentic from China for less in most situations.

Vaporesso have a good rep' but I don't own any of their products and have little plan to buy. I am happy with less trendy brands.

Good luck.

** If you want to vape/enjoy coil-gunking flavours... I recommend a squonker every time. ** My custards and such-like go in a squonker.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
One of my co-workers ran into this scenario on the same tank and his coils were purchased at a local big box vape store. Turns out he was using temp control on coils not meant to be used in temp control mode and though his are also rated 40-50 watts he found his happy place at 35 watts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
DeloresRose, check Vaporesso website.

Tarot Nano Kit » Vaporesso

TCR is listed as one of the modes, number 7 in the manual covers it.

7.Switch vaping modes: Long press the mode button for three seconds to switch among VW/VT(Ni200, SS, Ti)/ Smart / TCR / BYPASS / CCW / CCT modes.

Also, depending on your firmware version you may well need to update.

Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread