Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Fast burning coils have a couple possible causes.
Either the juice for some reason isn’t getting to the coil, or there is too much voltage. I have no idea what smart mode is, but in my experience electronics aren’t actually particularly smart.

Tom Field

Jan 26, 2019
Fast burning coils have a couple possible causes.
Either the juice for some reason isn’t getting to the coil, or there is too much voltage. I have no idea what smart mode is, but in my experience electronics aren’t actually particularly smart.
Yes it’s a setting on the mod which means it should automatically adjust to the coil and the tank with the correct wattage ohms and volts yet it still burns

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Yes it’s a setting on the mod which means it should automatically adjust to the coil and the tank with the correct wattage ohms and volts yet it still burns
it should say on the coil, in tiny letters, what it is best at. 40-60W for example. start at the lower figure and see how you go. also let it sit full of juice for 10 minutes before you vape.
oops...40-50W...missed that.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Heh. Me I wouldn’t trust a system like that to determine a good setting for me. At best it would determine a setting that the marketing department likes. The wattage levels different people like on the same device can vary greatly. It still may be a coil issue rather than a mod issue though. A device like that probably has some simple sensing system that probably only works on particular types of their particular brand of coils. Use a counterfeit or a different manufacturer and it probably won’t work right.

Tom Field

Jan 26, 2019
Heh. Me I wouldn’t trust a system like that to determine a good setting for me. At best it would determine a setting that the marketing department likes. The wattage levels different people like on the same device can vary greatly. It still may be a coil issue rather than a mod issue though. A device like that probably has some simple sensing system that probably only works on particular types of their particular brand of coils. Use a counterfeit or a different manufacturer and it probably won’t work right.
I have been informed from another forum that where I bought it from (amazon) does acutally sell counterfeit coils so it probably is that I will just have to research further for when I buy my new ones thankyou for your help however

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Tom Field, can we ask what liquid your using please?

As the liquid could well be too high a Vegetable Glycerine level and thus be too thick for the coil to wick effectively, and then your coils can burn.

You could possibly use them in TC/TCR mode. Try setting a custom TCR value of 88, temp 250°C max and watts at the lowest value of the coils to begin with.

Tom Field

Jan 26, 2019
Tom Field, can we ask what liquid your using please?

As the liquid could well be too high a Vegetable Glycerine level and thus be too thick for the coil to wick effectively, and then your coils can burn.

You could possibly use them in TC/TCR mode. Try setting a custom TCR value of 88, temp 250°C max and watts at the lowest value of the coils to begin with.
I’m using berry lemonade tasty fruity liquid

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Often I read comments about counterfeit coils. I have my doubts. Counterfeiters generally go after items that make it worth their while...high dollar stuff. I do think that since most of the vape products are made in China that quality control is a real issue, especially with coils. I'm not saying counterfeiting coils doesn't happen but I think it's more likely that the coils are crap to begin with.

Turn your wattage down and don't chain vape and yeah, sweet juices will burn the coils up faster.

YMMV

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
EUC coils come in both Kanthal and Stainless Steel. Given the mentioned 40 to 50 watts operating range I am going to assume this is the Kanthal version. Kanthal cannot be used in Temperature Control. Ensure you have the proper coil material first before attempting Temp Control. Supported TC metals is Stainless Steel, Nickel and Titanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread