Help on a new recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbray

Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys it's great to join this website. I was vaping on and off for a few years and for the past 7 months I'd like to say I'm completely off the cigarettes. I have recently joined the DIY part to save money and I've made some pretty standard recipes so far. The only flavours I have are strawberry, mango, watermelon, black grape, and pineapple. I was wondering of a good recipe I could make out of these? I have already made strawberry and mango which is my favourite so far, also I've made black grape by itself and watermelon and pineapple. My concentrates are the natural range by the alchemist cupboard if any of you know this company that could help. I usually use 10-20% flavouring. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it

Tbray

Apr 23, 2018
Good morning Tbray, welcome to ECF. I'm not familiar with you flavor brand but..
watermelon-strawberry
grape-pineapple
mango-pineapple-strawberry

I would add dragon fruit, cactus, lemon or lime, and kiwi to your stash.

I'll give these a try thanks a lot! And I was already planning on adding all of those fruits except for cactus I'm not exactly sure what that tastes like?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'll give these a try thanks a lot! And I was already planning on adding all of those fruits except for cactus I'm not exactly sure what that tastes like?
Cactus is very useful at low percentages for adding a juicy feel to a mix. I use it with apple and citrus quite a bit. Invaluable for adding to dry mixes. Not a stand alone for me but some do like it for a primary note. It's one of the few flavors I didn't do a tester for and since I only use it at 1% or lower I can't speak to taste.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You've gotten some good advice so far for mixes. You are mixing at a fairly high percentage, you may find as you DIY that your percentages may drop. You may also find that adding some things to your fruits may be beneficial. Often times, bakery type flavors go well with fruits, or creams. I don't know if you add any sweetener to your juices, and many juices are naturally sweet already.

I do wonder if you used a very small amount (i.e. maybe one drop of TFA (I think it is) sweeter per 30 ml, that you may be able to reduce your flavoring overall percentage a bit, possibly. Or, you may find that you prefer more highly flavored mixes, which is also fine. Sometimes, flavors like merengue (my personal favorite), marshmallow (also pretty great) or Cotton candy (that is pretty much almost all sweetener) can add depth and sweetness to your mixes, although I'd add them as accent notes as many of those flavors are sweetened with ethyl maltol which can mute the other flavors at too high of a percentage.

But it sounds like you are having some initial successes which is great, congrats :)

Anna

Tbray

Apr 23, 2018
You've gotten some good advice so far for mixes. You are mixing at a fairly high percentage, you may find as you DIY that your percentages may drop. You may also find that adding some things to your fruits may be beneficial. Often times, bakery type flavors go well with fruits, or creams. I don't know if you add any sweetener to your juices, and many juices are naturally sweet already.

I do wonder if you used a very small amount (i.e. maybe one drop of TFA (I think it is) sweeter per 30 ml, that you may be able to reduce your flavoring overall percentage a bit, possibly. Or, you may find that you prefer more highly flavored mixes, which is also fine. Sometimes, flavors like merengue (my personal favorite), marshmallow (also pretty great) or Cotton candy (that is pretty much almost all sweetener) can add depth and sweetness to your mixes, although I'd add them as accent notes as many of those flavors are sweetened with ethyl maltol which can mute the other flavors at too high of a percentage.

But it sounds like you are having some initial successes which is great, congrats :)

Anna

So far I find enhancers quite daunting as there is so many. I was thinking of starting with a simple sweetener and also a sour enhancer to maybe mix with an apple and lemon recipe? What do you think?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So far I find enhancers quite daunting as there is so many. I was thinking of starting with a simple sweetener and also a sour enhancer to maybe mix with an apple and lemon recipe? What do you think?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I've come to the conclusion that enhancers are to be used sparingly and only if all other substitutions fail to give me the taste I want. Some flavors have enhancers in them already which can lead to a worst outcome.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/know-your-enhancers.709743/
Sweetening and additives | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread