Please Help with Recipe Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewm

Dec 12, 2017
The following is a list of flavours i own, and am looking for recipes to create with these;

Mango, Strawberry, Lemon Lime, Forest Berry, Cherry Cola, Ginger Ale, Grape Candy, Spearmint, Pina Colada, Orange Cream, and Menthol.

I am new to DIY ejuice so am looking for help it starting to create recipes. I understand ratios of VG, Pg, flavour, and nicotine, so that is not a concern

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only advice I can give is for the safety of yourself and your loved ones do not attempt to create a philly cheese steak flavor... ever. It’s been attempted, and Trust me, no good can possibly come from it. *shudder*
Some sort of orange mango pina colada might be nice though.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The following is a list of flavours i own, and am looking for recipes to create with these;

Mango, Strawberry, Lemon Lime, Forest Berry, Cherry Cola, Ginger Ale, Grape Candy, Spearmint, Pina Colada, Orange Cream, and Menthol.

I am new to DIY ejuice so am looking for help it starting to create recipes. I understand ratios of VG, Pg, flavour, and nicotine, so that is not a concern
Have you tried just mixing these flavors as stand alones? Doing so will do a couple of things for you. First, you will know if you even like the version of flavor you picked. Trust me, not all same types of flavors taste the same. They vary from flavor maker to flavor maker. Just pick a couple to start. Like Grape candy or Spearmint. Check to see if the vendor you bought from gives a starting %. And read any reviews from others that have bought them. They can be invaluable.
Secondly, you will be more able to tell what flavors may go together better once you can actually taste them individually.

Let us know how it goes.

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You have all primary or main flavorings, except for the Menthol, which is an accent. Recipes usually also include other flavorings to round them out, make the primary flavoring smoother or less harsh, to make it sweeter, etc., so the mix as a whole will taste good. You'll need some secondary flavorings (sort of the blenders and/or smoothers in a recipe). Some of the ones commonly used in recipes include: Vanilla Swirl, Whipped Cream, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Sweet Cream, Bavarian Cream, Marshmallow, etc. You'll probably also want some accents and/or sweeteners, as many recipes use them. A few examples of those include: Sweetener, Cotton Candy, Brown Sugar, Sweet & Tart, Sour, etc.

My suggestion would be to check out a bunch of different recipes, to see how often those are used. You'll also notice that the % for the primary ones (like yours) is used at the highest % in a recipe, followed by those that are blenders used at a lower %, and then the lowest % are the accents or sweeteners.

The Diy E-Liquid subforum is a wealth of information, and there are even discussions with recipes there, too. You might want to browse one thread that's called Recipes for Dummies, which includes many many recipes that are easy to make and don't usually require as many different flavorings as others do. Many of us browse them even though we've been DIYing for awhile already.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Another thing to consider is you have zero 'helper' flavors. What I mean is these flavors are just flavors, but may not taste sweet or sour or creamy enough to really enjoy. Pick up some marshmellow or cotton candy to add a little something to help you like your juice better. ie. Strawberry and a little marshmellow. Cotton candy can add just a hint of sweetness to a juice.

:)

eta. @JCinFLA beat me to it. lol
Here is the link to the DIY thread.
DIY E-Liquid

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Hi and welcome,
What brand(s) are the flavorings?
What are you currently vaping?
Did you buy the flavors to make a recipe or just because they sounded good?

cheers
I

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
My freedom smokes has a great product call MTS Vape Wizard: I always use it in everything I make. It sure makes for a better "hit". Here is what they say about it:
"You can make it magic !! MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, and it is a major breakthrough in taste technology for PV users. Based on our thorough understanding of taste mechanisms, we have developed a product which we believe will increase the pleasure of your vaping experience. MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid."

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The only advice I can give is for the safety of yourself and your loved ones do not attempt to create a philly cheese steak flavor... ever. It’s been attempted, and Trust me, no good can possibly come from it. *shudder*
Some sort of orange mango pina colada might be nice though.

Your post reminded me of my intense curiosity about TFA's Chicken and Waffle flavor concentrate. I just don't quite get that one. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread