Help on identifying what type of coil i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthgab

Jan 14, 2015
South Korea
Hi guys, so i just got my package from the mail and i bought a Demon killer 8 in 1 pre coiled coils like alien claptons and such. In the website i bought it says FeCrAl wire, but my rx200 automatically goes to Tc Ni mode. sorry to sound uneducated but i am lost. Are the wires Nichrome or kanthal?

ps: extra info you guys might need
when i test fired the coils, it became quite blue. Also when I vape in wattage mode it takes quite a bit of time ramping up. Tc mode is kinda more in your face + warm vape.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Are the wires Nichrome or kanthal?
alloy

Nichrome (NiCr, nickel-chrome, chrome-nickel, etc.) generally refers to any alloy ofnickel, chromium, and often iron and/or other elements or substances. Nichrome alloys are typically used in resistance wire. They are also used in some dental restorations (fillings) and in other applications.
Nichrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kanthal A-1 (Resistance heating wire and resistance wire) Kanthal A-1 is a ferriticiron-chromium-aluminium alloy (FeCrAl alloy) for use at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F). The alloy is characterized by high resistivity and very good oxidation resistance.Jun 20, 2012
Kanthal A-1 — Kanthal
kanthal.com/en/products/material-datasheets/wire/resistance...wire...wire/kanthal-a-1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread