The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help Please!! Control pin?

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by chev327fox, May 17, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chev327fox

chev327fox Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Nowheresville, ME
    IO orderd some stuff for my MODs from MadVapes last week and got the package today, I was pretty excited because I also got the Tekkeon that I am going to MOD (thanks for a great idea Parky50!!!). Anyways when I opened the package I was very happy, I got everything I ordered and a couple extras (flashlight and a piece of circuit board) but one thing had been changed on my order. The regulator that I bought as a "just in case" was not the one I ordered, this one has a control pin. I have heard of people talking about control pins before but never fully understood what they do and how you hook them up, I am a mechanic and machinist/metal worker so I am very good at making things just not nearly as good at electronics. Okay well I suck at electronics :)

So if anyone could offer some advice on this it would be appreciated, I went and looked on MV's website and read that this regulator can be hooked up without the control pin and there is a wiring diagram (which I barley understand). Really I just want to know what it does and if I should even use it or not.

2. modistru

modistru Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    Attleboro, MA USA
    What up?

The control pin allows you to use a very low rated switch, one not needed to handle the massive wattage required otherwise. A schematic is available on the MadVapes website for the regulator. Good luck modding!

3. chev327fox

chev327fox Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Nowheresville, ME
    Thanks... I said in the OP that I saw the schematic but I just didn't know what it did so thanks for telling me :) It says it can be used without using the control pin so I think that is what I will do.

chev326fox

4. hoogie76

hoogie76 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    If you're using the in on one side of your switch to supply voltage to the regulator just tie the in pin to the control pin and it will be on all the time when you press the switch.. If the control pin is tied to gnd or floating, the output will typically be off.. hoog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.