Help Please.... T-Rex (eGo Style) & SmokeTech Cartomizer Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

May 26, 2011
Raleigh NC
So I ordered this T-Rex startup kit earlier this week and got it today... was VERY excited since my last ecig died on me over the weekend and i have been counting the days until i got this new one in...

this is what i got > T-Rex (eGo Style) & SmokeTech Cartomizer Starter Kit

I figured out that I needed to pop out the white cap on the cartomizer and i put what i think is a lot of my favorite Mtn. Dew flavor juice in there... about 20 drops so far... but the taste is pure metal. i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

any advice on how to best use this thing???

thanks in advance

Cokeybill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2011
True North(Ont.)
Yup, blow out the new atty real good. Get the company makers PG outta there. Myself I cleaned my atty first with alcohol(Vodka) and rinsed well and dried overnight. The next day I primed the atty with my juice and then put the cart on. The attys, unfortunately, need a break in period to function properly. Try a small vape once before hitting the battery button, then do a regular vape.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Priming or filling it. does it have stuffing or filler in it? Remove carto from battery and add juice in SLOWLY until 1 drop comes out the battery end. Shake it like a thermometer with the batt end down ( covered with tissue) until you can blow freely through it from the mouth end. First fill is VERY IMPORTANT.

i just filled it up with what seemed like enough because the fluid was not being absorbed any more and then tried to take a hit from it... i will let it sit, but im still not 100% sure what you mean by priming it

stash

May 26, 2011
Raleigh NC
So after taking advise here, and getting a very quick support email from 310vapers, i have solved part of my problem

i was told once a cartomizer got a bad taste it was hard to get rid of, so i threw away my first one and tried a new one.

i filled it up until 1 drop came out of the battery end, then shook it, then let it sit for 30 minutes before trying it. I do get a lot of vapor, and i do taste some of the fluid, no metal taste, but damn this vapor feels hot to my throat and i still can not quite get used to that. maybe because i got the 1100 mah battery?

I dont know, im still not getting what i wanted. i was hoping to sit down tonight and blow huge clouds of mountain dew flavored vapor but that is not the case... perhaps my throat will adjust to the hotter vapor and i will fall in love with this thing.. at least its getting better, just have to tweak it out i guess

next i will try to order some different types of cartomizers to see if that makes any difference

thanks for the input everyone

SockMonkey

Jan 13, 2012
Chandler, AZ
That kit usually comes with 1.5-2.0 ohm coils. Which for a newbie at LR (low resistance) attys or carts is alot (to me when I started anyway). Try 2.0 or 2.5 DC (Dual Coil) Cartos. You'll get tons of vapor, the DC Cartos typically hold more liquid, and IMO are alot cooler when it comes to throat hit. Once you find a DC Carto ohm rating you like, my suggestion is to get a tank kit. Almost every supplier carries them in some form. If you want to try a tank kit check out madvapes (the cheapest I have found). I got a black plastic plastic one (kinda looks like a map tank) and a polished aluminum one. Each are approx $12 bucks (for the 5ml ones) and comes with a 1.7 ohm +/- .02 ohms DC Carto pre punched. It might be to hot for you. What ohm atty/carto were you using prior to the new ego style kit?

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas,

If those are 1.5Ω single coil carto's, they're definately LR. First I've heard of a 1.5Ω single coil from Smoktech. Learn something new every day :p

A couple things you can try. First, replace the white plastic cap on the end of the carto with a drip tip. Delrin (plastic) drip tips can be had for $1-2 most places. Sometimes the metal of the carto can get quite warm, especially if you chain vape. That'll keep an uncomfortably warm carto away from your lips.

Second, you might try drawing slowly into your mouth first, let the vapor sit for a moment, then inhale. This will allow the vapor to cool in your mouth a bit.

Also, the 1100mah on the battery has basically zero to do with the warmth of the vape. That just indicates how long the battery charge will last. Warm of vapor is determined by the resistance of the carto/atty and the voltage of the pv.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputabl

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Ok so now we know the carto was not filled properly and the filler/ stuffing got burned by the element. Yes the low resistance 1.5 SmokTech cartos are warm and you'd prolly enjoy the single coil 2.0 or 2.5 ohm cartos. Boge is also a good quality carto. Most juice are 70/ 30 or 80/ 20 PG/ VG and the nicotine gives Th (throat hit) while the PG enhances the TH. What nic level are you vaping and what is the PG/ VG ratio?
Good Luck and, as you said, a little tweaking and you're on your way.

So after taking advise here, and getting a very quick support email from 310vapers, i have solved part of my problem

i was told once a cartomizer got a bad taste it was hard to get rid of, so i threw away my first one and tried a new one.

i filled it up until 1 drop came out of the battery end, then shook it, then let it sit for 30 minutes before trying it. I do get a lot of vapor, and i do taste some of the fluid, no metal taste, but damn this vapor feels hot to my throat and i still can not quite get used to that. maybe because i got the 1100 mah battery?

I dont know, im still not getting what i wanted. i was hoping to sit down tonight and blow huge clouds of mountain dew flavored vapor but that is not the case... perhaps my throat will adjust to the hotter vapor and i will fall in love with this thing.. at least its getting better, just have to tweak it out i guess

next i will try to order some different types of cartomizers to see if that makes any difference

thanks for the input everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread