help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoobarb

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
wirral uk
i have another dead atty and only had it a week its the second time this has happened my last one broke after a week i sent that back and they where very kind and sent me another am i doing something wrong is there anything i can do to stop this happening at the moment im find this is costing me a lot of money and my other half said you said it was chipper than smoking ive got a RN4072 classic from e-cigs any help would be appreciated

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
This is not going to help with your problem but I had the same problem with my 510 atties. They would last about 2 weeks to the day (no matter who I bought them from). Some people get a lot longer service. I will admit that I really use them heavy (30ml every 2 weeks). I switched over to 901 atties 12 days ago to see if they would last longer. 901s don't burn quite as hot as 510s and may hold up better. Another option I am trying is using 808D-1 atties (I have 3 packs of 5 on order). There isn't much you can do if the atties are bad (the resistance is high or low). People say that it could be the juice you are using or applying power too long and burning out the atty. Having to buy an atty a week or a lot of juice still doesn't come close to the expense of analogs but I'm with you in thinking there has to be a better way.

Turk1sh

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Chicago
www.footycast.com
Second that, I have burned 12 atty`s in 2 months. I have tried every trick I have read here and nothing helps, most I have had an atty is a week, anywhere from 4 to 6 days I burn one. I have tried few different suppliers and come to realize its not the suppliers its just 510 attys that suck, I don't use any high voltage mods either. I often read people who go up to 6 weeks with same atty and say how in the hell do they do it ;) anyway good luck to you...

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
i have lost 1 atty in about 4 months and vape around 3mls a day..
I am thinking about starting a survey on atty life and how to get a long life (that is if I can figure out how). Would you mind answering some questions please. What kind of atty (510, 901, etc)? Who supplied the atty? What kind of juice (dekang, pg, vg, mix, flavor, homebrew)? About how long do you activate the battery on a puff? If you can, please give the resistance of the oldest atty you are currently using. Atties are more or less made on an assembly line, so I don't think there could be much variance in their construction, therefore you must be doing something right that I for one could learn from. Thanks for any insight you can give.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I'm still using the same Joye 510 atty I started with, going on 3 months now. I use this atty about 99% of the time and go through 3-4ml a day with it. I tend to hit it for 10 seconds almost every vape. The only maintenace I do is to blow it out if it gets flooded. I use carts and drip almost equally. I NEVER let it get even close to dry. When flavor or vapor drops, I refill. I have no clue what the resistance is.

Maybe I just got lucky but I also have a friend that I gave a disposable 510 to and he's been using his 1 atty for just over 2 months in the same manner as I use mine.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I really don't want to hijack this thread, but the reason why the resistance is important is that some people call an atty bad before others do. I have only had a couple of atties that went cold dead. The majority are bad from high resistance. To me anything above 3.5 ohms with a 510 reduces the hit by causing the coil to heat slowly. At that point I replace the atty.

rhoobarb

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
wirral uk
i use a Black Classic eCigarette Atomiser RN4072B from e-cig it pg juice activate about 7 8 seconds ive got 2 attys left and both them ive had for a week tomorrow the resistance of 1 is 3.2 and the other is 4.3 the one that is dead i had at the same time i don't let them get too hot as i though that's what made my last one go any help will be appreciated and more info let me know

Jane

Moved On
Mar 2, 2010
USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Spam

rhoobarb

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
wirral uk
Ive lot another atty today so im down to 1 till my order comes tomorrow i hope there was a reading on this 1 but it was high so i tried cleaning it. did not work don't know what im doing wrong or if its just the make of my pv but 1 only lasting a week could cost a lot of money and this 1 was less than a week ive lost 3 in 2 weeks

Melwig

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
Northern CA
The only things I have noticed about people who manage to keep their attys a long time, have in common (including myself) is that they rotate, only use burning to clean, and while they might flood from time to time, they never ever run a dry atty.

Lol doesn't mean that there aren't people who wash the same old single atty out every night, run it dry often and still get great results, but those seem to be in the minority.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
how do you burning to clean its worth me trying as ive tried all other cleaning methods thanxs

This thread may help you (I haven't tried this yet, but will when I have an atty problem... am on 2nd week of this one (4072 model) with no issues):

I can't post Links yet, but if you go to Tips and Tricks, the 7th 'sticky' thread, 'My Atty Resurrection Method', it has a lot of good info on the burn-out method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread