The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help - Prodigy V2 Questions...

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by GoG8trz, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GoG8trz

GoG8trz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Hi Everyone,

I have been using my Prodigy V2 for about a month now. I have been having problems with liquid leaking into my switch/battery compartment. This is my first HV device, and I am sure there are those that are going to say "stop flooding your atty!". I have been trying to juggle keeping my atty "wet", and not having to take apart my device daily. I know some units have the battery compartment sealed. Is the Prodigy V2 supposed to be one of those? If so, why am I getting liquid into the switch/battery compartment? If not, what can I do to remedy this?

Second, I have been noticing brass shavings in my switch compartment and in my threads on the switch end. I took a look at the back side of the connector and there were "pieces" lining the outer ring. Could this be why my fluid is leaking to the insides? I took pictures if it would help.

I love the vapor I get from this device, and since installed the new switch parts, my thumb is not half as sore, and the device fires 90% of the time. It is just the additional maintenance required is starting to add up. That and the fact that I have blown three atty's since I've started using it. I know that atty's are going to blow faster at higher voltages, but I thought it would be less frequent. With the issues I've mention above, it makes me second guess why the atty's are blowing....

If anyone out there could shed some light on these questions, and maybe offer up some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris

2. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    Post some pictures of the adapter? It sounds like you have issues with your adapter. Make sure and post the top and bottom of your adapter.

3. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Sorry for the shotty pic. This was the best I could with my phone yesterday. I was able to get most of the shavings out that I could see with a tooth pick, but more shoes up every now and then.....I'm waiting for my pic's of my connector to hit my email.....

Thanks for the help.....

Attached Files:

4. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Here are the pics of the adapter. It's a 510......The outer ring is where the shavings were.

Attached Files:

5. FrogHat

FrogHat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yeah you have issues, you should not have those shavings.

Ask Steve or Casey to get you a new adapter under warranty.
    To my knowledge there should be "0" juice inside your V2.

Adapters are somewhat cheap but this sounds and looks like yours is faulty.

JMO

6. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks for the input. I just started a thread on their forum. Do you know the "proper"/best way to get in touch with them?

Thanks again...
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.