Status
Not open for further replies.

GoG8trz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
Augusta, GA
Hi Everyone,

I have been using my Prodigy V2 for about a month now. I have been having problems with liquid leaking into my switch/battery compartment. This is my first HV device, and I am sure there are those that are going to say "stop flooding your atty!". I have been trying to juggle keeping my atty "wet", and not having to take apart my device daily. I know some units have the battery compartment sealed. Is the Prodigy V2 supposed to be one of those? If so, why am I getting liquid into the switch/battery compartment? If not, what can I do to remedy this?

Second, I have been noticing brass shavings in my switch compartment and in my threads on the switch end. I took a look at the back side of the connector and there were "pieces" lining the outer ring. Could this be why my fluid is leaking to the insides? I took pictures if it would help.

I love the vapor I get from this device, and since installed the new switch parts, my thumb is not half as sore, and the device fires 90% of the time. It is just the additional maintenance required is starting to add up. That and the fact that I have blown three atty's since I've started using it. I know that atty's are going to blow faster at higher voltages, but I thought it would be less frequent. With the issues I've mention above, it makes me second guess why the atty's are blowing....

If anyone out there could shed some light on these questions, and maybe offer up some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Hi Everyone,

I have been using my Prodigy V2 for about a month now. I have been having problems with liquid leaking into my switch/battery compartment. This is my first HV device, and I am sure there are those that are going to say "stop flooding your atty!". I have been trying to juggle keeping my atty "wet", and not having to take apart my device daily. I know some units have the battery compartment sealed. Is the Prodigy V2 supposed to be one of those? If so, why am I getting liquid into the switch/battery compartment? If not, what can I do to remedy this?

Second, I have been noticing brass shavings in my switch compartment and in my threads on the switch end. I took a look at the back side of the connector and there were "pieces" lining the outer ring. Could this be why my fluid is leaking to the insides? I took pictures if it would help.

I love the vapor I get from this device, and since installed the new switch parts, my thumb is not half as sore, and the device fires 90% of the time. It is just the additional maintenance required is starting to add up. That and the fact that I have blown three atty's since I've started using it. I know that atty's are going to blow faster at higher voltages, but I thought it would be less frequent. With the issues I've mention above, it makes me second guess why the atty's are blowing....

If anyone out there could shed some light on these questions, and maybe offer up some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris

Post some pictures of the adapter? It sounds like you have issues with your adapter. Make sure and post the top and bottom of your adapter.

GoG8trz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
Augusta, GA
Sorry for the shotty pic. This was the best I could with my phone yesterday. I was able to get most of the shavings out that I could see with a tooth pick, but more shoes up every now and then.....I'm waiting for my pic's of my connector to hit my email.....

Thanks for the help.....

Attachments

• CIMG0033.jpg
    CIMG0033.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread