Status
Not open for further replies.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
After recently reading a comment on the FDA regulation thread regarding donations to CASAA, I decided to start this thread. My husband recently went through 2 years of unemployment, so money is very tight in our household. However, ecigarettes have made a huge impact on my life, and I'm worried about what the future holds for them. So I have donated $10 to CASAA, the organization that is fighting to keep ecigarettes available to us. If everyone could donate something, even a small amount, it could help out tremendously. Of course, some of you have already donated and I'm preaching to the choir. If you feel strongly about this issue and you have donated or are going to, post on this thread and share your reasons. If you want to donate or just become a member and get involved, the link is below.

CASAA website-CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
Donations link- Donate to CASAA

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I think everyone should donate as well. To be honest though if they did something stupid to make it harder on us, I would never go back to smoking. I am an ex smoker for life. If anything I would quite ecigs also. I hope everyone that would not be able to afford a price hike on ecig related products would do the same rather then going back. Don't let it beat you. If FDA is that ......ed then let them be, but big tobacco will never really win in my eyes. They took my last dollar a long time ago.

Really they will just be shooting themselves in the foot though. With all the trouble some manufacturers are having getting quality product out the door, it seems like 100% satisfaction would not be so easy. So hike the price, and make it hard all you want. But your just using up resources. By the time your done used up im gone, and so is my money. That's a honest statement. I can live without Nic.

sawitall

Oct 17, 2011
ca bay area
im on the casaa mailing list and i agree. but there's a whole lot of things about the ecig itself that is outside of fda jurisdiction... about the only thing they can regulate is the nic in the juice itself. what can they do, take propylene glycol and glycerin off shelves?

looks like they dont even want to mess with it. FOR NOW wait till they become more popular. we'll see, and a black market emerges...but we wont have to talk in codes because its not a scheduled drug. just find creative ways to get nicotine.

well that's just me being optimistic but prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Last edited:

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
Regulations or bans could end up making vaping much more expensive and difficult than it is now. I'd rather donate some money now to help prevent it from happening than spend a fortune later or mess around in some sort of black market. I think the old saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is an apt saying in this situation. It will probably be a lot cheaper and less of a hassle to prevent it from happening than to deal with the consequences. So if you love to vape, donate as much as you can afford.

your all right. Vaping helped us all quit and save loads of money, and our health which is worth a lot more than money. Donating to an organization that helps protect our right to enjoy our vaping freedom and bring awareness is a little something that we can give back. Just gotta pay off a bit of my credit card and then ill donate a little something for the cause

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
If you could afford it and donated a large amount, or if you're poor like me and still managed to donate something...go ahead and post about it! Bragging and patting yourself on the back is highly encouraged....(we won't call it that of course....we will refer to it as leading by example).
On a side note, I'm sure there are a lot of vendors on here that have contributed to CASAA since they are some of the people that would be hardest hit by bans and regulations. Feel free to post about it, I'd love to hear from the ones who are helping to support our community!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If you could afford it and donated a large amount, or if you're poor like me and still managed to donate something...go ahead and post about it! Bragging and patting yourself on the back is highly encouraged....(we won't call it that of course....we will refer to it as leading by example).
On a side note, I'm sure there are a lot of vendors on here that have contributed to CASAA since they are some of the people that would be hardest hit by bans and regulations. Feel free to post about it, I'd love to hear from the ones who are helping to support our community!

ohhh...Suppliers can not discuss their business outside of their own threads or Forum...to come in here and say that they contribute would be a form of self promotion.

If you look at their sites tho, you'll usually see the CASAA logo if they are members.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thank you for starting this thread!!

I donate to CASAA frequently, although for awhile there I was directing my donations to the We Are Vapers project.
But since all of the money from the We Are Vapers project goes to CASAA anyway, that was a win-win.
:)

I have to think that if everyone knew the fantastic work that CASAA was doing...
And if everyone knew how successful they have been...
And if everyone knew how little they have to work with...

Instead of buying that next new shiny APV they might hopefully consider helping CASAA out a little.

They are amazing people doing amazing work, entirely on our behalf...
In fact, they are not only doing this work for us, they ARE us!!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
This is a nice thread to see, I'm a member and Donate to CASSA myself, but one thing that I really think we need to do is somehow get all the Chinese manufactures aboard to donate. There the ones making all the ecigs and most everything and importing it to the USA, yet they aren't involved or donating towards the cause at all that I can see. If something should happen with the FDA regulations coming into play they are the ones who will take the biggest and the hardest hit in all of this whole thing. This is obvious and I don't understand why CASSA or anyone for that matter isn't perusing all these Chinese manufactures for some funding help ?

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
I'm inclined to agree with you chiphead, and though there are some great debates about it on other threads, there is no way to know right now if Lorillard will be fighting for our rights as vapors. I know that CASAA is and has been fighting for those rights for a long time now. It may not have been the intention of your post to suggest such a thing, but I urge people not to become complacent that since Big Tobacco money has entered the arena, your support is no longer needed.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I am optimistic (for what I consider to be completely logical reasons) about Lorillard's entry into the game.

But at the same time there are four areas to consider in my opinion...
--limitations on nicotine strengths
--efforts to restrict high-strength unflavored nicotine juice for DIY
--elimination of anything but pre-filled options
--restriction of flavors

Regarding the restriction of flavors and limitations on nicotine strength, I think that would be bad business for Lorillard.
I have no doubt they want to develop and keep electronic cigarette customers, and maximize that customer base.

Restrictions on flavors, and limitations on nicotine strength will only cause them to lose many such customers.

In my opinion, the elimination of anything but pre-filled options, and the restrictions on unflavored mixing juice go hand-in-hand.
And here things get a little fuzzy as far as the long-term costs and benefits to Lorillard.

In the short-term it might be in their best interest to kill these options.
But in the long-term they would be better off to embrace such options themselves.

But my concern is how all of these options will shake out when it comes time to negotiate with the FDA....
--Lorillard will fight for flavors
--Lorillard will fight for reasonable nicotine strengths
--But Lorillard might sacrifice longer-term options in negotiations

So efforts to restrict unflavored, high-strength nicotine juice is an area we need to keep a close eye on.
And efforts to eliminate refillable equipment is another area we need to keep a close eye on.

And CASAA will be there every step of the way to help try and ensure ALL options remain available.
And that is why they need our help and support... to help them to help and support us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread