Status
Not open for further replies.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:) I hope more folks learn about CASAA and start to help w/ bans, write letters, donate, etc. I know some folks don't find their way to many of the sub forums for awhile...if ever lol.

Many vendors have started supporting CASAA, putting logo/link on website and some are now including CASAA information cards in their orders. They also link to ECF. It would be great if more vendors did that too in my opinion. If you have a favorite vendor and are not seeing CASAA link/cards in orders you could ask them if they'd consider showing support by sending out cards, donating...adding link on their site ;) Most people that are buying ecigs aren't even on forums, etc. We are the 1%, need to let the other 99% find out best we can so even your local brick & mortar shops could be asked.

I already buy the cards and carry them wherever I go when someone asks about vaping. It makes me smile every time I see one of the cards show up in my order as well. Just gives me the warm and fuzzys lol.

Link to info cards here:
CASAA E-cigarette Information Cards

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Seeing this thread does my heart good. :wub:

When I reached my two-year vaperversary, I celebrated by making a recurring donation to CASAA. For my 3-year vaperversary, I continued my monthly donations and made a modest additional contribution because I was just so darned grateful. Plus, I KNOW how careful CASAA is with its finances, and I've been nothing short of amazed at what CASAA has managed to do on what can only be described as a shoestring budget. :)

While CASAA's work in fighting unreasonable bans is probably what first comes to mind when people think about what CASAA does, CASAA is so much more. First and foremost, it's about providing truthful and accurate information, whether to lawmakers, health care professionals, the media, or the general public. Without accurate information, lawmakers can't make good laws, health care professionals can't properly treat their patients, and the media can't report the truth. And, perhaps most importantly, individuals need truthful and accurate information so that they can make informed decisions and take control of their own lives.

The support of the vaping community--the time, money, and goodwill shared by our fellow vapers--is invaluable and is what allows CASAA to continue to advocate on behalf of the community. If you want to learn more about CASAA . . .

Check out CASAA's website (currently in the process of being revamped): CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
Visit our subforum here on ECF: CASAA
Join our Facebook Group: Log in | Facebook
Follow us on Twitter: @CASAAmedia
Attend one of the member meetings (generally held every two weeks): CASAA Member Meetings

And, if you haven't already done so, join CASAA: Become a CASAA Member

:wub:

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
I think everyone here should make some kind of donation. If you can donate big or donate small it will all count. It all adds up. $5 from everyone on ecf would be huge. They are fighting for our right to vape. Without CASSA we don't have a chance, and we all need to help. I don't know about you guys and gals but I don't want to ever give up the right to vape, or have to pay such high taxes that I can no longer afford it. The people of CASSA can't fight alone, They need a army, so we need to jump in and fight.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I think everyone here should make some kind of donation. If you can donate big or donate small it will all count. It all adds up. $5 from everyone on ecf would be huge. They are fighting for our right to vape. Without CASSA we don't have a chance, and we all need to help. I don't know about you guys and gals but I don't want to ever give up the right to vape, or have to pay such high taxes that I can no longer afford it. The people of CASSA can't fight alone, They need a army, so we need to jump in and fight.
I hate to bring this up but I think it will help people put things into perspective when they think about making a donation. I know this post is going to down grade me cause a lot of people can be judgmental. We are hurting more then most financially. When I say hurting its no stretch of the imagination. Me and my wife work our butts off and bring in a whole $8 an hour total. We have 2 kids and a mortgage. We make it on our own with our only help being food stamps. We are humble as all get out. We found a way to donate $150 for the we are vapors project where they also donated some to CASSA. I had to give up my Arry ACT4 for half of the money I donated. Miss it dearly but its a small price to pay (I still have an ACT3).

So I am putting my neck out here and sharing my information not so people can feel sorry for my situation but so everyone that reads this can see how easy it would be for them to do even $5. Its not for me. Its not for you. Its for that child that has a parent that's sick and dieing from smoking. Its for the kids inhaling second hand smoke. Its for the older folks on oxygen leaving way before they should have (grandpa). Its for my dad that had a heart attack at 51 and was told his insides look like they are 85 years old. That drove me to quite.

I cant donate anymore. I cant. Wish I could do it all single handedly but I cant. So please help. And I stress again. Dont feel sorry for me. I love my life. Please dont look down on me either. This life is a gift and we are all happy and healthy. I cant ask for a more fulfilling life, and if I was rich I would stay right here in small town USA. Maybe I would pay to have a 10 mile long cable line for internet speed I can use, and a car that don't break down all the time. That's it. On the other hand I am a decent auto mechanic by now. :laugh:

We need to get that poison off the shelf's. Its obvious by now that our own government wont help us. So its up to us to break the chains and get more people off the most addictive thing on the planet. Its not for me. I beat it and will never go back. But surly we all know and love someone that still smokes. Lets show them we care. If they needed gas money you would shell it out. This speech is my donation. I hope it helps more then it hurts.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
@Striker911
Personally, I didn't read anything worth judging you about. Times are rough for a lot of people, and I think it's great that you managed to donate so much when you're struggling financially. It also makes me think I could probably scrape together some money for another donation (admittedly much smaller than yours). Thanks for sharing your story :)

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
I subscribed for monthly donation. It's important for everyone, not just us!

Well said, I feel the same way, that's why I donate monthly too! :toast:

PS. Stiker99, I finally got down to your testimonial, all I can say is thank you for that heart-felt speech! I hit home for me in more than one way. You're a good man, and I'm glad you're here to donate your insight.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I donate monthly too but I don't have the CASAA banner in my signature because I don't want to lose the one I've used for 2.5+ years. I can't have both, right?

I think everyone should do their best to send whatever money they can spare to help support CASAA. The work they do is important to all of us.

I believe I've seen a few posters with the CASAA banner and another one. I don't know how to do it but if you sent a PM to the forum manager I bet he could tell you how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread