Help Short Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingtotgaming

Aug 27, 2022
Can anyone help me, Im new to vaping. Im using the OBS cube pro. how low the resistance can go? I have coils with 0.12ohms when i put 2 coils in my automizer. i get short circuit error. but when i put only one it works. i tried putting the other side if its the issue but it also works fine. i also put the other coil if its the issue but it also works. the only time i get short is when i put both.

• Wow
Reactions: Izan

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone help me, Im new to vaping. Im using the OBS cube pro. how low the resistance can go? I have coils with 0.12ohms when i put 2 coils in my automizer. i get short circuit error. but when i put only one it works. i tried putting the other side if its the issue but it also works fine. i also put the other coil if its the issue but it also works. the only time i get short is when i put both.
    The working resistance of the OBS Cube Pro is 0.1 ohm to 3 ohms. It will work with 1 coil at 0.12 ohms but if you put 2 coils in its halving the coil resistance to 0.06 ohms which takes it below the mods minimum working resistance.

bingtotgaming

Aug 27, 2022
    The working resistance of the OBS Cube Pro is 0.1 ohm to 3 ohms. It will work with 1 coil at 0.12 ohms but if you put 2 coils in its halving the coil resistance to 0.06 ohms which takes it below the mods minimum working resistance.
    that make sense, so i need to buy a higher resistance wire then. thank you.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    that make sense, so i need to buy a higher resistance wire then. thank you.
    Yes. When building a dual coil deck using the same resistance coils, the individual coil resistance will be halved. You can buy say 0.25 ohm coils and when fitting these on a dual deck the overal deck resistance will be 0.125.
    Alternatively if your making ur coils u can increase the number of wraps to alter the coil resistance.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    any recommended wire for high resist? im planning to buy a Clapton N90 24g. but not sure what is the ohms in it.
    Take a look at vapinghardware.com coil wrap calculator and you can see what type of wire and how many wraps needed to get the resistance you want.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread