"Short circuit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Since it's new, did you take apart and clean the tank? Sometimes metal fragments can be left behind from the manufacturing process.

Next, check all your connections:
  • Coil to tank - Is the coil properly screwed in or seated?
  • tank to mod - It sounds like you've covered this, but an extra check wouldn't hurt.
Finally, follow @Territoo's advice and try a new coil.

That should sort things out, but if it doesn't let us know. It could be a defective tank, but Geekvape's usually pretty reliable.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
Kingwood, TX
I'll try using a different coil. The one that's in it is the one that came with the tank. I'll clean it, as well.

One thing that didn't sit well with me was when I opened the box I saw one of the o-rings on it was hanging off. I put it back in but it seems too loose. Not a good thing for a brand new tank. I expected more from Geekvape.

Thank you all for the replies. When I get home and try the new coil I'll let yall know if it works or not.

Reactions: Z-Lee

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Correvtion, the above does not necessarily mean that the short is in the base, however you know it's not in the coil. It could possibly be that if the mod shows short circuit with only the tank base installed, and it's not the base, it could be the 510 of the mod is squishing the positive pin of the mod to short out. You'll have to troubleshoot.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    For factory coils, first make sure your coil is properly seated. If it still doesn’t work, try another coil. If the new coil works, you just got a bum coil which happens from time to time. For rebuildables, make sure to check your coils and all the connections are tight. The screws on a post may loosen a bit after during the build process—they may also loosen gradually with time. Also, make sure there is enough clearance between the top cap (or chimney) and the coil. If the coil touches any metal other than the posts, it will short.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    So I guess like yall said the coil was a dud. I replaced it and it works.

However, remember I told you guys about the o-ring that wasn't in place? Well, when I unscrewed the top to fill with ejuice, the entire circular metal piece that's used to adjust the airflow came off! It's like they sent me a tank the manufacturer meant to throw away or something. Unreal.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    So I guess like yall said the coil was a dud. I replaced it and it works.

However, remember I told you guys about the o-ring that wasn't in place? Well, when I unscrewed the top to fill with ejuice, the entire circular metal piece that's used to adjust the airflow came off! It's like they sent me a tank the manufacturer meant to throw away or something. Unreal.
    Yeah, the top AF ring was designed weird for the Zeus. The cap is what seats/holds the AFC in place - as SlowTalker mentioned though, it does make it easier to disassemble and clean. Just make sure you remember each time you pop the cap off, so the ring doesn't go flying off.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    U gonna get used to removing the topfill without removing the airflow ring also it's ok don't worry....about the oring that u say like that it is really weird and I wonder if the box was properly sealed...

hmmmmmm anyway it's not big deal I guess I had experience once with a tank that had an oring that was bad and it was new it's good that all manufacturer s give us spare orings :D

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    U gonna get used to removing the topfill without removing the airflow ring also it's ok don't worry....about the oring that u say like that it is really weird and I wonder if the box was properly sealed...

hmmmmmm anyway it's not big deal I guess I had experience once with a tank that had an oring that was bad and it was new it's good that all manufacturer s give us spare orings :D
    Yeah, just sucks when you have to use the only spare immediately after you receive it.

• Agree
    Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Yeah, just sucks when you have to use the only spare immediately after you receive it.

Yeah now I think about it u don't get the chance to use both the difference resistances and decide which one u want to use....ugh pfffff
    It's a fact that in vape gear the quality control is bad in almost all manufacturers :confused:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Yeah now I think about it u don't get the chance to use both the difference resistances and decide which one u want to use....ugh pfffff
    It's a fact that in vape gear the quality control is bad in almost all manufacturers :confused:
    I wouldn't say it's bad for the most part. Most things I've ordered arrive as they should and operate as they should. Unfortunately, there's a balance for profitability in regards to getting stuff out the door. There's a margin of error that has to be factored in, because not everything will be perfect, and they have to accept that - we should also expect that.

Now, if you reach out to them after the fact and they're not willing to fix their mistake, then that's bad on their part.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Yeah, I definitely don't expect much. Tbh, I just really wanted them to know about it.

Like I said, I DO like this tank. But I must confess, I just ordered a new Crown 4

I was considering the Crown 5 but it has 1ml less capacity and from the looks of it, the minimum ejuice line is pretty high. I saw a YouTube video that showed you literally hit that line in about 15 vapes. I frequently take my mod to work with me and can't really keep refilling it so, even if I have to clean the drip tip all the damn time, the 6ml capacity is a must for me.

That being said, are there any REALLY good tanks that have a 6ml + capacity I should know about?

Again, thanks for all the replies. Yall are really awesome and this forum is great. I'm glad I finally registered!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I got it from Central Vapors. I wrote wrote an email today about it. So I guess we'll see what they do. Unfortunately, I waited about 3 weeks before even opening the box lol.

I'm using the tank right now and I do actually like it. I'm just put off by the early problems but hey, it's a good tank!
    I hope you didn't include the air flow ring mishap in that e-mail, or they're going to think you don't know what you're talking about since it was intended to be that way, lol. Hopefully they send you out some coils though!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Yeah, I definitely don't expect much. Tbh, I just really wanted them to know about it.

Like I said, I DO like this tank. But I must confess, I just ordered a new Crown 4

I was considering the Crown 5 but it has 1ml less capacity and from the looks of it, the minimum ejuice line is pretty high. I saw a YouTube video that showed you literally hit that line in about 15 vapes. I frequently take my mod to work with me and can't really keep refilling it so, even if I have to clean the drip tip all the damn time, the 6ml capacity is a must for me.

That being said, are there any REALLY good tanks that have a 6ml + capacity I should know about?

Again, thanks for all the replies. Yall are really awesome and this forum is great. I'm glad I finally registered!
    Well, you have a few sub ohm tank options, but they're rather large. What kind of mod are you using? Off the top of my head, I think your two best choices would be the Smok TFV16 and Valyrian II Pro, which hold 9 and 8 mL of juice respectively. You also have squonks if you're interested in getting into rebuildable decks (coils, wicks, etc), but I won't go into that unless you're planning on going that route. RTAs (Rebuildable tank atomizers - Stream Crave V2 Plus, V3 Supreme, Ragnar to name a few) that can hold upwards of 18+mL. Again, RTAs require building with coils and wicks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread