Help- So many tobacco flavors but what do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
New to DIY and checking out the amazing number of tobacco flavors on ECX..Really looking for Pipe tobacco like vape with a little sweet to them. Not as interested in too many floral tones, and defiantly NOT looking for a cigarette like blend.

The ready made Pipe liquid I love is Myfreedomesmokes and though I have much on hand, looking for DIY to complement that type of vape. Or given possible FDA activity make something at least close to it.

Flavorings I’ve tried and like include:

Black Fire FA- strong mesquite flavor with nut and sweet tones
Captain Black by SM-
Virginia FA-
Burley FA
Black Honey tobacco TFP- not as good as the SM Captain Black. A little heavy on the honey but ok

Wasn’t that keen on RY4 by TFA
Didn’t like MFS Wyett earp ready made

I’ve narrowed it down to about .. uh…50..:blush: (lol) actually I’ve listed the ones that seem to stand out. I’ve poured over the threads here but still am unclear about several. I would really love any input/ help about what some of these are like. Yes taste is subjective but there are at least some broad brush stokes that I hope can be reveled. Some of the web sites have virtually no real description at all or very esoteric ones like ‘elegant’ flavored or as ‘having captured the essence of the sun and the breeze’..I have no idea what the breeze taste like.

I’m clear on Hangsen’s ‘pipe’.. I see it’s well liked and obviously ‘pipe like’ but would like to fill out an order with a few more.

So here are my notes so far :
Any better descriptions/ ratings/ flavors I missed /even a recipe or two would be very much appreciated.

New Bay Tobacco Hangsen
Tobacco Hangsen
Highway Tobacco Hangsen
Win Churchill Hangsen- can I safely assume this is cigar like?
Arabic Tobacco Hangsen
T5 Tobacco Hangsen
Desert Ship Hangsen

7 Leaves from FlavourArt- …Is this pipe like? or cig like?
CamT Ultimate FA- Web says spicy, woody and sweet. Which sounds pipe like but I’ve also read some see it more like cig.
Cowboy Blend FA-
Cuban Supreme FA- Assume it's cigar like
Dark Vapure FA ---described as Strong and dark with a hint of cocoa.
Desert Ship FA… Described as ‘slightly citrusy’
Latakia Tobacco Flavor FA –
Mellow FA.
Maxx Blend Tobacco FA.. Is it Pipe like? Is it Cigarette like? – Web says Rich, full, slightly spicy.
Perique Black Flavor FA-
Royal FA .. Described as ‘woody’
Shade Tobacco FA
Tuscan Reserve UltimateFA -.. Cigar like?

Coumarin Pipe Flavor West- ... Neat name no idea what it is...
Ankara Tobacco Flavor Flavor West-
Havana Cigar Flavor West- Ok I would hope this is cigar like:facepalm::rolleyes: ..How is Flavor west overall as a brand?
Oriental Tobacco Flavor West.
Stag Leaf Flavor West
Tidewater Tobacco Flavor West-… Hope it’s not seaweed.

Thanks in advance,

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
Updates: OK so I’ve found some pretty good info on most the Flavour art’s but still no clear image about what the
Maxx Blend,
Royal
or CamT Ultimate are like.

Found some reviews on the Hangsen. Seems to be a popular brand but don’t know what the
New Bay,
Highway,
or Arabic are like.

No info about the Flavor West stuff, except that ‘Stag Leaf’ was described as ginger with tobacco undertones.
Couldn’t find anything on the
Ankara,
Oriental
or the Tidewater.

Anyone have experience with any of these???

Thanks as always.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
Just tried some maxx blend. It taste a lot like a cig IMHO. I like it a great deal. No pipe taste though.

Thank you.. :) As I read more it sounds like Maxx Blend, Royal and CamT Ultimate are more Cig like.

Clearly Tuscan Reserve FA -and Cuban Supreme FA- are Cigar.
wonder what the difference is between the two??:confused:

So of the FA's Looks like Dark Vapure and Perique Black- May be worth a spin. maybe one of the cigar types.

Still no idea on the flavor west or the Hangsen..

Last edited:

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
Try them all unless you know it doesn't sound good to you. One flavor is not going to do what you want by itself. Combine them to get the different notes and highlights your after and use Vape Wizard, Smooth or similar. TA and Tobacco Blends are going to add a cigar/cigarette throat hit mouth feel(burn). Chocolates, coffees, caramel, and vanilla can change the tobacco notes. I change sweetness by the type of tobacco flavors used not with a sweetener in all tobac mixes. Some are sweet some aren't. It takes experimentation to get it just right.
It also helps stop throwing flavors away you can't stand(DK). You blend them in with something else and the taste you didn't like might go away and a taste you like comes forward. Just simply mixing one tobacco flavor and adding 1 small drop of menthol changes the flavor but you can't taste the menthol.
In my experience if you see a description anywhere that speaks of floral notes, avoid like the plague. I hate floral too. Some of that is capable of airing out with the cap off the bottle in some of them though.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread