help voopoo drag 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr-deeb7

May 14, 2019
hey guys new to this site i have a voopoo drag two i was using it all day and all of a sudden it doesn't work.4 sets of new battrys in it i put on a wire charger with battery in it and it will says it charging i take battery out while it says it charging and it still says its charging i unplug and put battery in and nothing happens dead whats going on

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
You should not be using the USB port to charge your batteries. You need an external charger. Charging the batteries while in the mod will mess up your batteries and possibly the mod too. And you took the batteries out of the mod while you were charging them? You may well have killed the batteries and fried the mod too.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
hey guys new to this site i have a voopoo drag two i was using it all day and all of a sudden it doesn't work.4 sets of new battrys in it i put on a wire charger with battery in it and it will says it charging i take battery out while it says it charging and it still says its charging i unplug and put battery in and nothing happens dead whats going on

It needs 2 batteries installed.
You shouldn't remove cells while charging them inside the device, always disconnect charging cord before fiddling with the batteries.
What is the voltage of the two cells you're attempting to use?
Fully charge 2 cells in a decent quality external charger, then install the 2 fully charged cells in device, try again.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
If the mod will boot up try resetting all the settings to the default.

As others have said try some known good batteries which have been charged externally and I hope you haven't fried the board....

I have several Voopoo devices and they have been solid :) Sorry I can't be of more help.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
If the mod will boot up try resetting all the settings to the default.

As others have said try some known good batteries which have been charged externally and I hope you haven't fried the board....

I have several Voopoo devices and they have been solid :) Sorry I can't be of more help.
A lucky one. No paint peeling off after just minimal use? Coils for the tanks been consistent? No battery door movement? No battery rattle, if you have a 217? No sharp edges anywhere?
Your very very lucky.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
A lucky one. No paint peeling off after just minimal use? Coils for the tanks been consistent? No battery door movement? No battery rattle, if you have a 217? No sharp edges anywhere?
Your very very lucky.

To be fair I have so many devices that I never use one all day every day so it may be because of that.

However, coils have been consistent, no paint issues, battery door moves a tiny bit but not so as you would call it a fault, no bat rattle and no sharp edges....I don't think i'm lucky it probably more fair to say you've been very unlucky :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi, welcome. It's a Voopoop, just behind Smok, that's all I have to say.

Well when he's doing things that affect the mod and batteries which shouldn't be done outside of an emergency then of course its going to mess up and encounter difficulties.

It's better to help someone with their issues than complain your ejuice ate through the paint on your device (for example), something completely unrelated to the problem at hand and more than likely you had a different version of the drag anyway.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your mod may or may not be toast. Read up on batteries you may need a new set and definitely an external charger.

Do not be doing all that weird stuff with the USB port, it's not good for any part of your equipment. If it's under warranty you can warranty it. Telling them the odd stuff you did is up to you or not.

Anna

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Well when he's doing things that affect the mod and batteries which shouldn't be done outside of an emergency then of course its going to mess up and encounter difficulties.

It's better to help someone with their issues than complain your ejuice ate through the paint on your device (for example), something completely unrelated to the problem at hand and more than likely you had a different version of the drag anyway.
Umm, where did I write the juice ate through the paint? That's just to add some extra to your reply. And, well, unrelated as you yourself say. No, all those issues with Voop are real and let me see, have you ever given an opinion on a sub standard device? Aired an opinion on one? No of course not.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
To be fair I have so many devices that I never use one all day every day so it may be because of that.

However, coils have been consistent, no paint issues, battery door moves a tiny bit but not so as you would call it a fault, no bat rattle and no sharp edges....I don't think i'm lucky it probably more fair to say you've been very unlucky :)
My friends have had those issues as I did and a simple Google search will reveal numerous others with the same issues I raised about Voopoo quality. Way more than average issues. Almost on par with Smok.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Umm, where did I write the juice ate through the paint? That's just to add some extra to your reply. And, well, unrelated as you yourself say. No, all those issues with Voop are real and let me see, have you ever given an opinion on a sub standard device? Aired an opinion on one? No of course not.

Okay, but this guy has clearly stated that he's not employing proper battery safety and care...

When the device is the issue I'll talk about my issues with paint.. otherwise I DO stick to the topic at hand, which you clearly are not...

When you can be helpful to new members, perhaps you should reply. "I hate chipping paint" isn't helpful to someone who is clueless as to battery safety and care.

That's like saying bunnies and rainbows are my thing.. it's like really?

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Okay, but this guy has clearly stated that he's not employing proper battery safety and care...

When the device is the issue I'll talk about my issues with paint.. otherwise I DO stick to the topic at hand, which you clearly are not...

When you can be helpful to new members, perhaps you should reply. "I hate chipping paint" isn't helpful to someone who is clueless as to battery safety and care.

That's like saying bunnies and rainbows are my thing.. it's like really?
Plenty mention Smok and people simply say, "ah, that's your problem its Smok". I don't see you coming in like the white knight with those and correcting them like you are to me now. :nah:
You got an issue with me, spit it out.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Plenty mention Smok and people simply say, "ah, that's your problem its Smok". I don't see you coming in like the white knight with those and correcting them like you are to me now. :nah:

Yea and we say that when people come in with a mod that's DOA, or auto firing, or or or.. you know, real issues with the device. Smok has quality control issues that rise to the level of downright dangerous - not aesthetic.

I have a Voopoo 2 and while the corners are beveled they still feel kind of sharp or uncomfortable, and as such on my table with a AsModus Luna, a Revenant Cartel, and an Innokin Z-Biip the Drag is the last mod I reach for..

But it's not a bad mod. While the TC is slightly off it works, the coils that come in the kit do TC, the paints not chipping on me (but I'm not leaking ejuice on it, as I know ejuice reacts with these inexpensive mods paint, as the paint isn't designed to stand up to ejuice) and it vapes.

I can see why it's popular, even though it's not my personal favorite. Therefore, when someone's not employing battery safety and care, then I'm not going to bother mentioning my own issues with the mod, as it's likely the aesthetic and ergonomic issues I have he already knows about, as he owns the mod also.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Yea and we say that when people come in with a mod that's DOA, or auto firing, or or or.. you know, real issues with the device.

I have a Voopoo 2 and while the corners are beveled they still feel kind of sharp or uncomfortable, and as such on my table with a AsModus Luna, a Revenant Cartel, and an Innokin Z-Biip the Drag is the last mod I reach for..

But it's not a bad mod. While the TC is slightly off it works, the coils that come in the kit do TC, the paints not chipping on me (but I'm not leaking ejuice on it, as I know ejuice reacts with these inexpensive mods paint, as the paint isn't designed to stand up to ejuice) and it vapes.

I can see why it's popular, even though it's not my personal favorite. Therefore, when someone's not employing battery safety and care, then I'm not going to bother mentioning my own issues with the mod, as it's likely the aesthetic and ergonomic issues I have he already knows about, as he owns the mod also.
Yeah, I'll tell you what I'll do. Before I post anything to anyone, I'll make a draft and pm it to you to get your personal approval before posting it, and feel free to edit and correct it any way you like.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yeah, I'll tell you what I'll do. Before I post anything to anyone, I'll make a draft and pm it to you to get your personal approval before posting it, and feel free to edit and correct it any way you like.

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread