Help with 18650's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Version-Vapor-Vaper

Dec 15, 2015
I haven't seen any button top 19650s, so I believe most mods are made to fit flat tops. However, I do have an iHybrid that if I screw the bottom all the way on with a button top 18500 in there it will fire whenever I sit it down. As I just stated though I have Samsung, LG, and Sony 18650s and none of them are button top.

=====================================================================

I just googled button top 18650 and found some, but they aren't the big vape brands like I've listed. It seems most are for flashlights except the EH brand that madvapes carries and I simply cannot recommend Madvapes for anything.

Last edited:

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
Generally yes. There might be exceptions, couldn't think of any, but most if not devices take the flat top batteries. Some might even have trouble with the button top ones.

There's 2 deals with the amps.
First is easy, mah, milli-amp hours indicates the capacity of the battery. Most 18650s will have somewhere between 2500 to 3000 mah.

Second is a bit more tricky and that's the amount of amps you can safely pull from a battery in a continues manner. (Eg firing the button for x seconds) This CDR or C-rating is what makes a battery safe for vaping or not so much if its too low.
Proper IMR or INR vaping batteries like a LG H2, Samsung 25R or Sony VTC5 have discharge ratings of 10-15C. This means they can safely handle a load of 10x their mah value.
So if a battery of 2500 mah has a 10C rating, it can safely handle a 25Amp load.
Their is much more to this and people like Badtitude wrote whole blogs about it. If you want to read up, search for his blogs.

In the end, all that matters is you buy a proper battery and the ones mentioned earlier would fit nicely in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread