help with burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
so i started diy and made my first juice, 8mg/70pg/30vg/8% lemon lime/6% Hawaiian Tropical Punch/3% Tutti-Fruitti/2% Cotton Candy.

it steeped for couple days and loaded up a brand new boge carto (ive been vaping these cartos for couple years, this batch for couple months and they are awesome).

the problem i have is that i get a horrible burnt taste from a brand new carto, i thought it was a bad carto( which has never happened before honestly) so i tried another...same thing, horrible burnt taste. i went through 4 cartos and they all tasted the same...horrible.

i broke open a new 510 joytech atty (bridgeless) and the flavors was aweful, burnt just like the cartos. then i found a used ( but working very well) startdust...loaded my newly concucted juice in it and started to vape and....you guessed it...horrible burnt taste.

i am vaping on a 3.7 kgo batt and a zmax (dialed it all the way down to 3.3 volts) but the burnt taste remained...no change whatso ever. the atty/carto/stardust ohm is about 2.1.

what could be wrong here? the carto was more than saturated...the aty had drips coming from the bottom so it wasnt dry. then i tried a juice that i "normally" vape from a vendor in the atty and stardust....no burnt taste at all. anyone have any clues as to whats going on? not really the best start to my diy. oh, and all the flavorings are tpa.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Sounds to me like sugars at play here. However from the items you mentioned above being all tpa I wouldnt think so. Did you add sugar to the liquid in some form?

Cotton candy can be reminiscent of burnt sugar if used in too high of concentration. Assuming it is the cotton candy flavoring and not the ethyl maltol mix that is referred to as tpa " cotton candy". Tpa had two different ones.

Lopaka79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Maui
Its a shame you didn't get to taste it. Your % of flavoring looks to be fine but just imagining those flavors together sounds like a wild party. Replacing the EM(cotton candy) with Sucralose maybe the answer.

What type of container did you put it in? I like to wash my bottles before use. I remember getting a 30ml PTFE bottle at one point in time that had lubricating oil inside. I called the vendor to complain and they stated on the item listing that I should wash it before using it. Of course it was something I over looked in the fine print.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
now that i think of it, i THINK i added sweetner to my mix, IF i did, it was only few drops.....i wish i could remember for sure if i added sweetner to it. i used a new 15ml bottle from wizard lab. thank you so much for the answers! i will try my next batch by using the same flavorings 'cept making sure i dont add any sweetner to it. does sweetner have a tendency to give out burnt flavor? would just a drop or 2 be too much?
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread