Help with Burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
So today I was vaping my demon energy from MBV and using a vision spinner and pro tank 2 and I started getting some very tight draws, and so I switched out the head to one I had cleaned and I got some burnt taste and it was a 2.5Ohm and I wasn't overpowering it according to charts I've seen. So I switched that out for a brand new 1.8Ohm head and I'm still getting the slight burnt taste as I exhale thru the nose, and I'm not going above 3.8v. should I dump the juice out and refill it and see if that might help?

I was going to suggest that the juice wasn't wicking fast enough for your vaping, but that prolly isn't the case. Have you ever taken apart a coil? I had one the other day that tasted burnt right off the bat so i took it apart and the wick was separated inside so I tidied it up and put it back together and it worked just fine.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
the pos and neg poles on the head? and the wicks are not dry, still getting good vapor just a slight burnt taste, and what do you mean by build loops? the coils?

Also just finished the tank of juice, cleaned tank, dry burned a coil and refilled a little juice and am just letting it soak up for a few mins, hoping this will fix it

Edit: This did not help, I'm at a loss. Could my spinner be stuck firing at too high a voltage? I haven't even had it a week. I just want my flavor back =\

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I never dry burn coils before use, I just rinse under water let them dry, then put in tank, fill tank and let it sit for a few mins before vaping.
Works every time....I did get burnt taste once on a new coil...I can only imagine it was a bad coil, because after I exchanged with another new coil it went away...but I did have some taste issues with off-brand coils...since then I only get genuine Kanger coils (I buy the 5 pack from DiscountVapers)

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
I had the burnt taste also in my pro-tank and evod when using my ego-twist when vaping higher than 3.6v. I rebuilt both coils with micro coils w/ a cotton wick and was able to vape at higher voltages without the burnt taste. Give it a try!
I might at some point, I'm still pretty new to all this, but I have been using this set up for about a week and never had an issue like this and I know I didn't burn out brand new coils. and I got the coils from discount vapers so I believe they are genuine Kanger's (says it on the box anyways). And I usually just do the hot water rinse and it works great, this just happened in a matter of 30 minutes. Thanks for all the input and info everyone, It's really appreciated, keep it comin!

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
I have found that if you let your atomizer head soak for around 30 minutes in some boiling water and stir it around occasionally, then dry it with a hair-dryer you will get some of that burnt taste out of your wick. If the problem still persists then check the color of the coils on your head and make sure that they are not touching. If the coils are black and you may need to do a dry burn until they glow a bright orange color. Blow them off and rinse under hot water then allow them to dry and they should produce that amazing taste you are missing. I did this with my PT2 coil and it now produces not only more flavor but also more vapor then before brand new! I hope this helps you out!

smith0826

Aug 29, 2013
Kentucky
I'm a fruit flavor guy and witj my PT 2 I've noticed dark colored or real sugary juices burn up coils fast. Just before I saw this thread I took a hit off my PT2 on a ego twist and got a strong burnt taste. Immediately took the shaft apart and the coils were completely gunked up. Took out the flavor wicks , cleaned and dry burned the coil and now its back to its original state which was great.

Vaping a 50/50 blend of strawberry bananna.

Took me a long time to figure out why this was continuing to happen. Went through a lot of heads and cleaned the tank and wasted a lot juice.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
if all of your heads produced the burnt flavor first thing i would do is use a volt meter on your battery and see if the regulator went bad making it fire at the highest voltage setting. use a good volt meter some of the cheaper ones wont pick up a good voltage reading if your battery doesnt use a strate dc volt output.

Any other way to test this? I don't have a volt meter (it's now on list of things to buy), but I have 2 evod batteries and my vision spinner and they all produce the same thing, they can't all be bad can they?

I'm a fruit flavor guy and witj my PT 2 I've noticed dark colored or real sugary juices burn up coils fast. Just before I saw this thread I took a hit off my PT2 on a ego twist and got a strong burnt taste. Immediately took the shaft apart and the coils were completely gunked up. Took out the flavor wicks , cleaned and dry burned the coil and now its back to its original state which was great.

Vaping a 50/50 blend of strawberry bananna.

Took me a long time to figure out why this was continuing to happen. Went through a lot of heads and cleaned the tank and wasted a lot juice.
Well last night I tried a dry burn on one coil, and it had little to no gunk on it and the coils were glowing within 3 pulses, and have you ever had the issue happen within 15mins of putting in a brand new coil? It's not a super strong burnt taste, just there enough for me to taste it and throw the flavor off, maybe my taste buds are just whack right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread