Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
It's been eons since I was last here. I've been happily puffing away on my eroll for a while now. Dh, on the other hand, he's having more trouble. The biggest problem is that he says pg is like breathing through a dirty respirator. So, his juice is thick. I've been setting him up with the eroll and adding some vodka to his juice to try to thin it out (I diy our juice). That, however, has been having various problems (he's been smoking again when he doesn't feel like screwing with it). He wants a set up that he doesn't have to fiddle with. I'm looking for something with an auto batt, doesn't cost an arm and a leg for parts, and will put up with 100% vg juice. Any thoughts? I haven't been keeping up on what's new since I've been so happy with the eroll. I currently have him using a 360 mah 510 auto batt with a clearo. Even if that works for him, I can't seem to find them anymore, so another solution must be found. TIA

Last edited:

richboyporter

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2015
Cleveland
Try getting him a Vision spinner with a smoktech micro ADC tank. The adc tank has adjustable juice flow and has very big juice holes it will vape max vg very well. You can find that setup online for about 25$ if you want better battery life and a better battery the istick 20w or the istick mini are both 20-30$. But the smoktech micro ADC is your go to for a non sub ohm tank that can handle max vg like a champ. It also has adjustable air flow so you can dial in to your preferences of vaping.

Hope I helped. The adc tank is about 7-12$ online. Depending on vendors.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Unless you want to get into overpriced 808 stuff you are going to have to find a different option. Even Joyetech has discontinued auto mini and eGo batteries.

Is he hung up on the "must look/act like a cigarette" thing? Or is this more about convenience than looks? There are a lot of convenient things out there, but except for overpriced junk in the market the auto batteries are going the way of the dinosaur.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hey there! Good to see you again ;) Yep, things have changed a lot for sure. Does he need to have a cig a like? More power would help with high VG mixes. Also, try adding 5-10% distilled water to your mixes. I do and I use 50/10/40 PG/DSW/VG.

Good luck!

ETA- These may work for him. Automatic and available in 5V or VV. Pricey but, V4L always has coupon codes and the warranty seems good.

http://www.vapor4life.com/store/batteries/510-ecig-batteries

20% off all products. Expires tomorrow codem is 20ALL

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
100% VG Is gona be rough on most small ecigs. If hes not worried about having something bigger then you could try this:

Aspire Platinum Kit 95$

comes with everything you need basically, the 2000mah battery, aspire atlantis tank, 5pk of extra coils, wall adapter, USB charger, carrying thingy for it. I'm not sure how much you're willing to spend though, if you want something cheaper you could try these:

battery: Vision Spinner 2 1600mah - Vision - eGo Batteries 23$
tank: Kanger Aerotank Mini - Kanger Aerotank - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks 23$
coils: Aerotank Upgraded Dual Coils 8$ (5pk, only thing hed have to do is buy these again to replace in the tank when the old coil dies)

but yeah, the aerotank wont handle 100% VG well, if your friend is looking to use clearomizers hes gona have to use a pg/vg mix. Im not 100% Sure how the aspire atlantis tank handles VG as I dont have much experience with it, but before I gave mine away it seemed to handle my 70vg/30 80vg/30 decently, better than the aerotank for sure.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
100% VG Is gona be rough on most small ecigs. If hes not worried about having something bigger then you could try this:

Aspire Platinum Kit 95$

comes with everything you need basically, the 2000mah battery, aspire atlantis tank, 5pk of extra coils, wall adapter, USB charger, carrying thingy for it. I'm not sure how much you're willing to spend though, if you want something cheaper you could try these:

battery: Vision Spinner 2 1600mah - Vision - eGo Batteries 23$
tank: Kanger Aerotank Mini - Kanger Aerotank - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks 23$
coils: Aerotank Upgraded Dual Coils 8$ (5pk, only thing hed have to do is buy these again to replace in the tank when the old coil dies)

but yeah, the aerotank wont handle 100% VG well, if your friend is looking to use clearomizers hes gona have to use a pg/vg mix. Im not 100% Sure how the aspire atlantis tank handles VG as I dont have much experience with it, but before I gave mine away it seemed to handle my 70vg/30 80vg/30 decently, better than the aerotank for sure.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Hi Salem! :D I'll switch to water the next time I make juice for him and see if that helps. The vodka works alright, but it might account for some of the Burning he gets.

He wants it to be as much like a cig as possible. The batts I gave him tonight are more Swisher Sweet sized, and that seems to be working for him so far. I know he doesn't want a mod or anything bigger than an ego (even that might be a bit big). That adc tank might be just the ticket if I can get him into the ego. He was very specific about not wanting a button. He likes to hang it out of his mouth while he does other stuff. I don't understand why auto batts aren't more popular, but I guess that's the way it goes.:glare: I could get a 510 to ego adapter for the batts we have (They were being discontinued so the shop sent me the rest of their stock. I have 4 new ones and 2 chargers.) and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks all. I didn't even know where to begin looking for this stuff. I'm pg all the way in my juice so I can use just about anything.:vapor:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It's one of these things where you may need to push him past the concept, especially with the limited availability in the marketplace. I really don't understand how anyone can dangle the smallest 510 from their mouth. As small as an original Joyetech 510 is it's just too heavy and too hard on the teeth to try and treat it like a dangling cigarette. Short version: these aren't cigarettes and never will be. If you can get him into something that provides much better performance he may give up the "must act like a cigarette" thing in short order.

That isn't to say that auto cigalikes aren't out there, but it's rebranded junk, ridiculously overpriced, and typically with proprietary connections where they will never tell you what the threading actually is. You know - the places selling mini batteries with a "lifetime guarantee" - because you are locked in to purchasing pre-filled cartos at 25 bucks a five pack. The kind of junk you find at the mall kiosks.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Salem! :D I'll switch to water the next time I make juice for him and see if that helps. The vodka works alright, but it might account for some of the Burning he gets.

He wants it to be as much like a cig as possible. The batts I gave him tonight are more Swisher Sweet sized, and that seems to be working for him so far. I know he doesn't want a mod or anything bigger than an ego (even that might be a bit big). That adc tank might be just the ticket if I can get him into the ego. He was very specific about not wanting a button. He likes to hang it out of his mouth while he does other stuff. I don't understand why auto batts aren't more popular, but I guess that's the way it goes.:glare: I could get a 510 to ego adapter for the batts we have (They were being discontinued so the shop sent me the rest of their stock. I have 4 new ones and 2 chargers.) and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks all. I didn't even know where to begin looking for this stuff. I'm pg all the way in my juice so I can use just about anything.:vapor:

I understand completely and if the auto batts work best for him, it may be what he needs to stick with. There are some auto Ego batts available. If it comes to that take a look at those. Anything that keeps him off the cigs is great IMO ;)

One more thing that I thought about is, where dom you get your PG? It is not all created equal and maybe he is picking up on an undertaste that you don't detect? May be worth trying a different source.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It's one of these things where you may need to push him past the concept, especially with the limited availability in the marketplace. I really don't understand how anyone can dangle the smallest 510 from their mouth. As small as an original Joyetech 510 is it's just too heavy and too hard on the teeth to try and treat it like a dangling cigarette. Short version: these aren't cigarettes and never will be. If you can get him into something that provides much better performance he may give up the "must act like a cigarette" thing in short order.

That isn't to say that auto cigalikes aren't out there, but it's rebranded junk, ridiculously overpriced, and typically with proprietary connections where they will never tell you what the threading actually is. You know - the places selling mini batteries with a "lifetime guarantee" - because you are locked in to purchasing pre-filled cartos at 25 bucks a five pack. The kind of junk you find at the mall kiosks.

There are plenty of folks out there that have / need the same to get them off the cigs. What may not work for you, works well for many others.

Daisy has been at this for awhile now and this is what works for them.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I've had him try my juice from time to time when he wants a new flavor, so he's tried pg from probably 3 different places. I get mine now from Wizard Labs. It's not a taste thing. He actually has trouble breathing when he uses it. It's been that way from the start. It might explain why he was so nauseous after his hand surgery. We always thought it was the morphine, but given his sensitivity....

I've used mods and I really prefer an auto batt too. It's not all about power for everyone.

I did see that there are still auto egos out there. Now I'm debating if I need to get some while I can or if I should wait and see what's available when the batts he has need to be replaced. My luck, if I buy a bunch, he'll decide they don't work as soon as I stock up. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread