Beginner Rebuildable Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    Thanks, folks. Ares II looks very promising, and still available from Element.

Now how about a small mod to put it on, that takes a single 18650?
    What about an Aegis? Geekvape has reputation for tough to kill mods. Not sure what your friend does in their spare time but might be worth a look.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Thanks, folks. Ares II looks very promising, and still available from Element.

Now how about a small mod to put it on, that takes a single 18650?

Innokin Coolfire Z80 80W Box Mod

Seconded. Also see my OP. Without a doubt. Small and ergonomically designed and just the best. A joy to use.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    What about an Aegis? Geekvape has reputation for tough to kill mods. Not sure what your friend does in their spare time but might be worth a look.

Love my Aegis Solos, but they are bigger and heavier than the Z80.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Suede-like finish? ;)

Sumpin' like that. :blush::laugh:

Picos and Solos also entered my mind, and yes, options are GOOD.

images

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Keep in mind that if he gets a Pico, he'll want to get one of the Picos that accommodate 25mm attys because if you don't the 24+mm atties (like the Ares 2) won't fit on it due to the battery cap being on the top of the mod.
    He's used to vaping some kind of Blu thing. I haven't looked at it closely, but it seems to have very small pods, with what I doubt is more than 1ml of capacity, and he uses 24 mg liquid. So I doubt he goes through a high volume of juice and I was gonna suggest he gets the 22 mm Ares 2. I assume that will that fit?

I know Picos were hugely popular in the "stocking up" thread.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    He's used to vaping some kind of Blu thing. I haven't looked at it closely, but it seems to have very small pods, with what I doubt is more than 1ml of capacity, and he uses 24 mg liquid. So I doubt he goes through a high volume of juice and I was gonna suggest he gets the 22 mm Ares 2. I assume that will that fit?

I know Picos were hugely popular in the "stocking up" thread.

Yes, the D22 Ares 2 should fit assuming it is no wider than 22.5mm. I don't have a D22 to check, but I'm sure it's fine. I don't know if the deck is smaller on the D22 as opposed to the D24, though.

Reactions: Chiisaiinu

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Personally, I would just stay away from picos because I have heard many bad things about the new generation picos and the old 2nd generation picos (you will be hard-pressed to find 1st generation of the old picos, except in my closet :D ). Mainly that quality is not as good and some do not have boost, only buck, which may be a problem for vapers who vape 1 ohm or higher.

I would go with the Z80 innokin mod mentioned.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Buck only isn't a problem if ya are only doing 3.5v anyway.

Hmmm .... might as well just get an eGo :lol::pop::pop:

Funny how we keep trying to find the most complicated way to do the same thing.

LOL!! Indeed.

I have a number of fairly recent 'pico' type devices in service and IMHO, they are inexpensive, reliable and provide a decent vape. (and are 'articfox' compatible) While many were bought on 'fire sale' a large # were bought direct from Eleaf. Personally I never had a issue with the tank size limitation.

Surely the old eGo and Vmax type stuff (if you can still find it) comes to mind as simple, inexpensive and reliable. I still have a handful of 'Subtank mini's' and more than a dozen KayfunV5 22mm clones that are not only easy to build on and reliable but can provide a decent vape (as long as your not in a 'cloud chasing contest').

Pico ~$30 + V5 Clone ~<=$19

g.

Reactions: smacuser

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    So for now, I gave the guy that Simple EX that I wasn't really using. Taught him how to clean the coil and re-wick it, gave him some rayon and KGD, and told him to come back when he thinks it needs a new coil, which should be many months, since that coil had never been re-wicked before.

He thought the idea of filling the bottle with 24 mg unflavored and playing with flavors by dripping 0 mg flavored juice in from the top was great. A new squonker may have been born.

But he's still not getting any of my Pinches or CeeCees. :sneaky:

Reactions: gloopdegurp
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread