Help with Dripper recommendations Please :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HI Everyone :) !

What would you all recommend as a good idea for a "dripping-newbie" ?

("newbie" only as far as building & drippers are concerned ;).... otherwise been vaping for 5 years+)

Im looking for something simple & easy, I usually vape around 1.5 ohms at 9-10w, no sub-ohming.
Im new at building coils so need something uncomplicated in that dept. ;)

Id like one that DOES allow some minimal content= if i could get as much as 1ml in there that would be perfect, if not, something that 's big enough to allow more than just three drops would be great ;)
(Yes...I DO realize that a dripper requires frequent refilling and is not a tank,but some drippers can handle more than others and id rather not have one that requires too frequent refills)

IF possible a dripper that has decent AIRFLOW....
I dont care for a really tight/restricted airflow and a lot of the drippers Ive seen shopping-around online appear to have just one extra-TINY airflow hole...

Ive heard that that can sometimes be fixed by buying a bottom/base from another model, and alot of people also seem to enlarge the hole with a drill.....but....dunno if I could manage that ok ????

=Im a young urban woman and very "unhandy" that way :( ...
I do own a small home-drill but id be worried that the AF hole and internal parts could be filled by drilling-debris if i did it wrong-maybe ?

My only experience with dripping goes back to my "vaping-beginnings" in 2010 when I was using a 510 Janty Dura (lol!) and started to put -literally- two drops directly on the atomizer....tasted great...but only allowed for a few hits so it really was ALOT of work ;)

NOW Id like to buy a dripper mainly to taste a whole bunch of dif juices and flavors.
Also , I often have trouble tasting a juice if the flavoring isnt strong enough so I feel that dripping will enable me to taste certain juices a lot better
( for example some of my purchased juices that seem good but way too weak for my taste buds)

I'd really appreciate suggestions/advice from my ECF-friends on what would be a good dripper to buy to start off with :) ????

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Sapor RDA, absolutely loving mine, I'd choose it over the Velocity / Mini by Tobeco, or authentic if you wanna go that way but that's me, both are really good drippers though but I find the Sapor to have more flavor and I prefer top airflow and it's leak proof, both are easy to build on.

On a side note, you may want to consider going the DIY Juice route, then you can mix at your prefered flavor percentage and have total control.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

("newbie" only as far as building & drippers are concerned ;).... otherwise been vaping for 5 years+)

Im looking for something simple & easy, I usually vape around 1.5 ohms at 9-10w, no sub-ohming.

Id like one that DOES allow some minimal content= if i could get as much as 1ml in there that would be perfect, if not, something that 's big enough to allow more than just three drops would be great ;)
(Yes...I DO realize that a dripper requires frequent refilling and is not a tank,but some drippers can handle more than others and id rather not have one that requires too frequent refills)

I dont care for a really tight/restricted airflow and a lot of the drippers Ive seen shopping-around online appear to have just one extra-TINY airflow hole...

Ive heard that that can sometimes be fixed by buying a bottom/base from another model, and alot of people also seem to enlarge the hole with a drill.....but....dunno if I could manage that ok ????

I do own a small home-drill but id be worried that the AF hole and internal parts could be filled by drilling-debris if i did it wrong-maybe ?

My only experience with dripping goes back to my "vaping-beginnings" in 2010 when I was using a 510 Janty Dura (lol!) and started to put -literally- two drops directly on the atomizer....tasted great...but only allowed for a few hits so it really was ALOT of work ;)

NOW Id like to buy a dripper mainly to taste a whole bunch of dif juices and flavors.
Also , I often have trouble tasting a juice if the flavoring isnt strong enough so I feel that dripping will enable me to taste certain juices a lot better
( for example some of my purchased juices that seem good but way too weak for my taste buds)

I'd really appreciate suggestions/advice from my ECF-friends on what would be a good dripper to buy to start off with :) ????

Ab RDA that will holt 15-20 droos would be the Veritas.

The Freakshow Mini holds about 10 drops and is one of the best flavor chasers going.

The Velocity may be a good choice too.

Reactions: cllmda

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Tobeco Velocity clone is super easy to build and holds 15+ drops of juice. Infinite CLT2+ is my other fave. Older model, but it has a deep well and big air. Also holds about 15 drops. GA Rampage holds a TON of juice (20 - 25 drops) and has good air flow, but it's designed for 3 coils and it's a lil tricky to build on.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
I suggest the Paradigm Magma. They are easy to build on and can support 2 coils (if one were so inclined). That's the RDTA I learned to build on. I won't go into detail on where I'm at currently, lol but suffice to say that the ol' Magma has been on the shelf for several months.
If you're feeling a bit more advanced, try the Kennedy. The airflow is MASSIVE and has more options for coil placement.
Good luck to you, feel free to ask me direct for advice.
Vape On!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Tobeco Velocity clone is super easy to build and holds 15+ drops of juice. Infinite CLT2+ is my other fave. Older model, but it has a deep well and big air. Also holds about 15 drops. GA Rampage holds a TON of juice (20 - 25 drops) and has good air flow, but it's designed for 3 coils and it's a lil tricky to build on.
I prefer the Velocity Mini. Deep juice well and 1/4 inch shorter with a little better flavor.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I suggest the Paradigm Magma. They are easy to build on and can support 2 coils (if one were so inclined). That's the RDTA I learned to build on. I won't go into detail on where I'm at currently, lol but suffice to say that the ol' Magma has been on the shelf for several months.
If you're feeling a bit more advanced, try the Kennedy. The airflow is MASSIVE and has more options for coil placement.
Good luck to you, feel free to ask me direct for advice.
Vape On!
Magma us fine except for three things.

1. Restrictive airflow.
2. A heavy atty.
3. Leaks like crazy

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA

I don't see any mention of a derringer. I'm an older woman, that builds my own coils, I love the derringer got ease of use.
It has a removable air flow control ring, the deck is easy to build on.
image.jpg

Holds plenty of juice as well.
image.jpg

With afc
image.jpg

Without afc

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
The derringer is a great first RDA. It is very easy to build on due to the removable airflow control ring and slotted rather than drilled negative posts. Since the airflow isn't fixed in relation to the deck coil placement and airflow optimization is a snap. Out of over a dozen RDA's my derringer gets daily use. It has a pretty good range of airflow available, and while it isn't a crazy cloud producer, it isn't bad.
While the magma is quite easy to build on being a two post deck, it tends to weep juice down onto your mod from vapor condensation; this is pretty typical for bottom airflow rdas.
If you are dead set on a two post build deck, the velocity and stumpy are nice rdas.
Someone mentioned the veritas. I like the veritas a lot, but it may be frustrating to build on for someone that hasn't built an atomizer before.
The Nixon is like a Kennedy with half the airflow and is more difficult to position coils on. I have a v1 and I like it, but it isn't very flexable with build options. Again, with the bottom airflow it is going to be more leak prone and be more sensitive to how you fill it and have it wicked. The adjustable bottom airflow helps cut down on condensation + accidents provided you remember to close it off.

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread