Help with ego 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlaj

Nov 17, 2015
I am rather new to vaping, and need some help. I am looking at the ego 2 twist kit, and want to know what larger tank would work with this.

Right now, I am using an Istick 30w, and run around 15v, with a Herakles tank. Would the Ego 2 twist give me the same sort of experience, and could I use the Herakles tank? I like a warm vapor, and tend to chain vape. I like the look of the ego 2 twist better than the Istick.

Thank you for helping!

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Heya :)

I would not suggest trying an Ego style battery with the Herakles tank. Most of the Ego types of batteries can only push around 5 volts at best. You say you're already using a 30W battery to hit 15V. Imho, stick with the Innokin batteries. I am at present using an MVP2, a few Itazte 3s and recently got a Smok X-Pro M22. I use mostly evod style tanks, have a few that are Protank 'alikes' though. They run fine on all the batteries I use.

I also have of yet to get into sub-ohm coils. I like the 1.8-2.5 ohm range for a cooler vape. Been told sub ohm coils kick out a warmer vape. It's all in what we each like. Far as batteries though, using a sub ohm or high end tank on an Ego style does not seem a good idea. You might get shorts, possibly worse.

Then again, take my advice with a pinch of salt. I hardly ever know anything. :)

Updating

Did a little looking myself. Found MVP 3.0 PRO as a post. Some Random Guy states what the Herakles tank suggests as a use range as far as watts.

Of course, I still don't know anything much. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I have neither the ego 2 twist nor the Herakles tank, so I looked them up, & have to agree with MorelyMagicMist.

The Herakles is designed for sub ohm while the Ego isn't. [Wattage Range: 30-100W (0.6ohm coil) 30-75W (0.2ohm coil)]

Apparently the ego 2 is 18.5mm in diameter, while the Herakles is 22mm. The top would therefore overlap the tube.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014

Keep seeing this kit now since my trip back home to VA. What is this now, "buy an eGo ONE Morely, you must"? Are the vaping gods using those sub limy messages and Jedi mind tricks? Not sure the mind tricks would function, no mind here to influence I'm afraid. :p

Not sure either that the ONE kit would handle the Herakles tank. I'm using a wimpy little 2.5ohm coil at 7.5W which tells me it's using ~3,8v. The Herakles recommends around 30W+ for push power. Half learning Ohm's law here but I think you need something able to push ~10v+. Again, I'm only learning and know probably running foul with maths.

Trip to VA, saw a new local B&M vape shop. They had the 850/900mAh eGo ONE kits set up as display and tester units. I tried two flavors, bought a bottle of one. The ONE systems indeed are sharp imho. Who knows? I may succumb to all this peer pressure, media blitzing, sneaky ninja guerrilla dirty advertising trickery, Jedi intimidation tactics and buy a ONE kit. But it'll be because I tried it in a shop and kind of liked it. ( He says hoping none notice all the other reasoning. )

Also, that is what is considered here a big buy. It'll be a bit until I buy. Anything ~$30+ is big buy and I recently had a ~$70+ spree. Ricky cannot 'splain all this a'spendin to Lucy too good, she get the fire in her eyes. At least it's not ~$2-4,000+ a year for analogues.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I presented it because it's close to the Twist size and about the only ego that does sub-ohms (Herakles). Got good reviews here from users (with the tank it comes with).

It's the Amps that you have to look at for subohming. The eGoOne has that. The Twist can't handle much under 1.5ohm turned up fully.

OH, I thought I was replying to the OP...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread