Help with Elite 808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Hi there --

I've been using VFL for a couple of years now and just bought and Elite 808. I cannot seem to make this thing work and hope someone can help me.

1. Filling the clear tank: It's in 2 parts, including an upper chamber and a lower chamber with a cone inside it. I'm guessing you are supposed to fill the upper chamber to the fill line. When I do this, at about 2/3 to full, the upper chamber suddenly evacuates to the lower. OK. Then when I attach the clear tank to the battery, most of it leaks out at the place I screw the two parts together. When I vape, I get nothing. I tried twice and the same thing happened on both batteries. What am I doing wrong?

2. With the regular cartos, I'm trying to fill with a bottle of liquid that came with my started kit. (I don't have any other liquid because I always bought pre-fills for my VFL). The bottle is a really stiff plastic that you can't squeeze to make drops come out, and just tilting or holding it upside down takes forever. Seriously, a single drop every few minutes. And if I take off the drip tip from the bottle I'm not going to be able to neatly fill the carto -- it will be a deluge. There has to be a better way.

3. Just out of curiosity, I tried one of my VFL cartos on the Elite 808 and got no results. I charged both batteries overnight. COuld I have received bad batteries?

Thanks so much!
Liz

DebiMax

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Texas
The V4L cartos will not work with the Elite, Bloog, or Smokeless Image 808 batteries. Why? Because V4L is using gen 1 batts and cartos, where as the other guys mentioned above are using gen 2. They are not compatible.

I can't help you with the clear tank, I don't use tanks or clearomizers, but someone here should be able to help you out with that.

As far as the juice bottle, what I would recommend is go to Walgreens or Wal-Mart, or basically any store with a pharmacy section. You should be able to get a small medicine/eye dropper for pretty cheap, and that should work well for what you have. You want something small so that it will fit into the neck of the bottle, like this:

il_570xN.175045033.jpg

Doesn't have to be exactly like that, but you get the idea. IF that doesn't work, you can go to lots of ejuice vendor websites or again, your local pharmacy, and get a syringe for fairly cheap. From what I've heard (I don't use them, mind you), you want something with a needle at around an 18 gauge. If you order one from an e-juice vendor, you would probably get fewer questions then if you walk up to the pharmacy counter and just ask for one, but then you have the drawback of waiting for it to show up in the mail.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Torrentula81

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
nowheres
Sounds like your filling the clear cartomizers wrong. It has two parts. Lower with cone. Upper is the tip or better the lid. You need to take off the upper part and drip liquid between the cone and the wall of lower portion. Try not to get anything inside of cone. The just recap. The top will have a large hole and smaller one. Larger one matches the width of cone. So just know the top piece needs to in one way.

Once you've got the liquid in and recapped I take a few small quick puffs. Not really looking to get anything but the suction should help get the liquid to the wick better on a new fresh cartomizers. Don't take longer puffs until you notice its wet. From then on its smooth sailing. If you notice little vapor its probly to much liquid inside the cone. Unscrew cartomizers from battery. Place napking under battery side and blow into the top. Don't need to take anything apart for this. You should notice a huge improvement now.

Sometimes after good usage you'll notice the wick isn't getting wet anymore even if you let it sit there for long while. The cap creates.an airtight seal like vacum to where the liquid can't move to the wick since no air can take its place. Try pushing down on the capthen wait 20 seconds and should be good. A small air bubble should float from bottom of the cartomizers relieving pressure to give ya hours more of hassle free vape. If that doesn't work slightly lift up cap and then put it back into place. Usually doing this though your going to need to blow through the top of the cartomizers again because it creates to much liquid.

Other thing is if you chain vape. I recommend using two or more at a time. Take two puffs from one then rotate. This will give wick time to get wet without slowing down your vape groove. A bit more info then you need but its here for when you do. Its a sort of balancing act between to wet vs to dry. To wet only usually happens after filling cartomizers. To dry after prolonged use but not always. Blowing or repositioning cap should fix either situation I've been using these for 2 days now. So if you come up with any tips I'd like to hear from you. These are a very smooth satisfying vape. Well worth effort to learn them.

Last edited:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Since you got your battery working try the V4L cartos again. They're supposed to work but the others mentioned are a newer technology and more suited for the newer batteries. The ones that won't work are KR808 D-2 that come in some mall kiosk or off brand kits. I hate those hard plastic bottles with my arthritis but the eyedroppers work well. When you fill the regular Elite cartos they're going to take a lot of juice. Probably around 50-60 drops the first time. Be sure to let them set for a while before you use them so they saturate properly or you may get a dry hit or burnt taste. Filling your own isn't that dificult and is sure a lot more econonmical. Good luck with your new Elite.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes, the V4L cartos should work with the Elite. They have the same threading as the Elite.

And as Torrentula has already mentioned, you are indeed filling the clear tanks wrong. The entire top mouthpiece comes off, and you can drip juice down inside of it, near the long, cone-shaped plastic piece. This is what delivers your vapor to you. The juice goes down into the bottom onto the atomizer and then up through the cone. Also note that you can't fill a lot of these buggers at a time. They leak something fierce out of the bottom. I really do hope that they fix this because it's annoying.

Good luck!

Torrentula81

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
nowheres
Just found out that if have the tip ever so slightly raised you can chain the heck out of these cartomizers. The cap clicks, almost snaps into place. Just raise it up a micro fraction. After every vape a few air bubbles will float up. The wick stays nice and wet. Its purrrfect.

Can't get enough of this banana nut bread.

Last edited:

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Just found out that if have the tip ever so slightly raised you can chain the heck out of these cartomizers. The cap clicks, almost snaps into place. Just raise it up a micro fraction. After every vape a few air bubbles will float up. The wick stays nice and wet. Its purrrfect.

Can't get enough of this banana nut bread.

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
Anyone know if drip tips would work, what size? Leave the bottom rubber piece and it might work but don't have any to try myself.

I fit another tip on mine, but I guess the airtightness helpd keep juice from leaking out of the battery end, because with the other tip, it leaked bad, but when I put the original tip back on, the leaking stopped.

Cindy T

Liz!

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks for all the great tips! I can't check in too often because my 2 small kids run me ragged but your tips did the trick. As several noted, you can successfully use the VFL cartos with the Elite. And they are much better that way, although I won't be ordering anymore. The quality has just become too variable from VFL, sorry to say. Some cartos come practically dry.

THe pen tipped cartos that come with the Elite rock! They are huge, and as others noted, hold a ton of juice. So easy to fill with the pen tips also. I think I'm sold on filling my own now. I just wasn't able to find the time for the whole production of the older style cartos and was always worried that my kids were going to knock into me and spill liquid on themselves. But the pen tips are so quick and easy. Also the tip about using a dropper is great. No waiting for one ...slow...drop...at....a...time.

I still haven't mastered the clear tank although I see what you all are talking about. But I get leakage at the screw end and am afraid of killing my battery. I'll fiddle some more when I get a moment.

Wow, do I love the Elite. It lasts forever. So easy. Never going back to my old VFL 808.

Thanks again!

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
Wow, do I love the Elite. It lasts forever. So easy. Never going back to my old VFL 808.

same here, love mine. can't wait til next week i think i am going to order some of the clear elite tanks. my juicyvapor order should be here tomorrow. lookin forward to vapin up some ginger peach green tea blast and strawberry pina colada!!

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks for all the great tips! I can't check in too often because my 2 small kids run me ragged but your tips did the trick. As several noted, you can successfully use the VFL cartos with the Elite. And they are much better that way, although I won't be ordering anymore. The quality has just become too variable from VFL, sorry to say. Some cartos come practically dry.

THe pen tipped cartos that come with the Elite rock! They are huge, and as others noted, hold a ton of juice. So easy to fill with the pen tips also. I think I'm sold on filling my own now. I just wasn't able to find the time for the whole production of the older style cartos and was always worried that my kids were going to knock into me and spill liquid on themselves. But the pen tips are so quick and easy. Also the tip about using a dropper is great. No waiting for one ...slow...drop...at....a...time.

I still haven't mastered the clear tank although I see what you all are talking about. But I get leakage at the screw end and am afraid of killing my battery. I'll fiddle some more when I get a moment.

Thanks again!

Awesome! So glad it's working out for you.

The leakage is definitely a PITA, but don't worry about killing your battery. So long as it's on your battery and not sitting on a tabletop or anything like that you shouldn't have any leakage. For some reason they don't leak so long as they're screwed on to the battery. I like to switch flavors a lot so the fact that they leak just sitting there is not obviously not ideal.

Yep...Just verified it. My Elite has been sitting here undisturbed for four days with a clear carto on it while I've been using my Vmod (which is absolutely amazing, btw), and there's no leakage into the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread