Help with hades clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdlew2008

Sep 1, 2014
Nowhere
So I got the locking ring stuck and took me forever to get it unstuck. While using some needle nose pliers I scratched the plating on the bottom contact exposing a gold/brass color metal. Seemed like it wouldn't fire after that. After some messing around trying to come up with a way to get it to work I noticed it would work it just took a minute to heat up. Took a few hits and noticed that the bottom firing button was getting warm. I immediately removed the battery but it was cool. I put some lock tight on the firing button cause it kept falling off after I first got it. So I was wondering if I could get it undone if I could pick up maybe a nut from Home Depot to replace it. And if I could what type of metal. Any thoughts or solutions appreciated.

I intend to replace since it was only 18 bucks but I still don't want to resort back to my vv until it comes in the mail. Thanks.

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
Couple of things wrong. If you scratched it deep enough the surface is uneven and the pin s not as conductive as it once was. Putting lock tight on the bottom pin wasn't the best idea either. You created a barrier between the pin and the firing button, therefore it will not conduct through the button to the surface of button to the surface of the mod and will micro arc any way possible, mostly through your hand or fire finger. It's not heat, it's electric hitting you.

Stop going to hardware store to try to repair this mod. Tear it apart, clean off the lock tight, get a new bottom pin and get yourself a backup device if you don't have one already. DO NOT use a nut as a bottom pin, depending on material you could make the problem worse.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Couple of things wrong. If you scratched it deep enough the surface is uneven and the pin s not as conductive as it once was. Putting lock tight on the bottom pin wasn't the best idea either. You created a barrier between the pin and the firing button, therefore it will not conduct through the button to the surface of button to the surface of the mod and will micro arc any way possible, mostly through your hand or fire finger. It's not heat, it's electric hitting you.

Stop going to hardware store to try to repair this mod. Tear it apart, clean off the lock tight, get a new bottom pin and get yourself a backup device if you don't have one already. DO NOT use a nut as a bottom pin, depending on material you could make the problem worse.
2nd this. I am pretty sure loctite is not conductive. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread