Help with key lime pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hey folks, I'm having a bit of an issue here and I hope someone can offer up an alternative recipe or some suggestions (I'm new at the DIY thing so)

I tried making a key lime pie recipe, and found this one as a starting point:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/169356-key-lime-pie-lite.html
10 ml - 12 mg
2.5 ml 48 mg nic base (pg)
3 ml vg
3.5 ml pg
.3 ml (3%) marshmallow
.3 ml (3%) key lime
.4 ml (4%) graham cracker

Now, I changed it (due to me having different ingredients) to:

5 ml - 12mg - 70/30
1.25ml 48mg pg nic
1.75ml pg
1.5ml vg
0.25ml (5%) fw key lime
0.1ml (2%) tpa graham crust
0.15ml (3%) tpa sweetner

Anyway, I've made slight adjustments, but for some reason I get very little lime taste, and just tons of graham on the exhale. I went as high as 0.5ml of the key lime, but I can't really measure less than .1ml of the graham, but I still get next to no lime taste.

I'm even considering just mixing up some key lime and base just to see if I get the flavour there. But before I go for it, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about getting a nice lime kick in this recipe?

Thanks!

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would drop your sweetener first. The graham crust is already sweet, and I don't think you need more.
I myself was using key lime, graham crust, and sweetener, and while it was good, the lime didn't pop either.

Dropping the sweetener helped me.
I would have to check my notes again, and I'm sure others will chime in,
but my lime is closer to 10% with an under 5% graham.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Thanks for the tip. I made another no-nic batch to see how it would turn out and I was still getting a odd graham taste. So, I decided to make some with just the lime, and I figured out what the problem is. That key lime from Flavor West is absolutely horrid - it tastes more like some cleaning chemical than actual lime.

I guess its back to the drawing board to find a flavouring that actually tastes like a real lime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread