Help with ohmsss

Status
Not open for further replies.

toketreez

Feb 19, 2015
From one of Baditude's blogs...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/6293-14-ohms-law-dummies-vapers.html

And I can't stress that enough.

And if you had a freshly charged battery, at 0.4 ohms and 4.2 volts, you are OVER your batteries safe discharge!!!

And resistance is dependent on the total length of the wire, the legs and size of the coil, as well as the gauge of the wire. So, what diameter you wrap your coil arround is important.

And when you are delving into the very low sub-ohms, a little change means a whole lot of current change.

I'm not a cloud chaser, I enjoy good flavor first.

You are right, thinner wire (higher gauge) and the right amount of less wraps will give a similar resistance to your 22g at 7 wraps. But big vapor isn't about pushing the low ohms. Getting the proper wick and juice plays a big part of it, as does drawing technique. For example, I can get a nice cloud at 1.5 ohms at 10 watts with a good dripper.

Again, don't get close to 10 amps with your battery. You have to leave room for errors. You must. Cause if you don't, you risk big consequences.

Hope this helps.

Okay, So what you are saying is that I get the jist of it its just I dont want to be exactly 10amp draw with my battery since thats my limit I need space so my battery can breath and I wont know exactly what my the amp draw is until I buy a ohm reader and find out what exact resistence my build is giving. aha I get it so I gerneally don't know yet if my ecig is safe until I buy the ohm reader and do the ohm law math formula or use the website to figure it out.well Ive been vaping with it for a while so I think im okay but I guess i wont know for sure til I get a ohm reader mhmm. So I either need a vtc battery to know im safe with the gauge im vaping at or get thinner wire

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York

learned-well-you-have-prepared-soon-you-will-be-young-grasshopper.jpg

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Okay, So what you are saying is that I get the jist of it its just I dont want to be exactly 10amp draw with my battery since thats my limit I need space so my battery can breath and I wont know exactly what my the amp draw is until I buy a ohm reader and find out what exact resistence my build is giving. aha I get it so I gerneally don't know yet if my ecig is safe until I buy the ohm reader and do the ohm law math formula or use the website to figure it out.well Ive been vaping with it for a while so I think im okay but I guess i wont know for sure til I get a ohm reader mhmm. So I either need a vtc battery to know im safe with the gauge im vaping at or get thinner wire
Highly doubt you will find a legit Sony VTX that is authentic without paying $25+

It seems like you are learning a bit, but it took me months to feel comfortable with my knowledge of ohms law before I felt like I understood exactly what I was doing. I also read on here almost everyday to learn.

It just takes time to learn and the desire and knowledge to make sure you aren't vaping something that could be dangerous. Please continue to read and learn, and please buy an ohm meter. The last thing the community needs is bad PR from someone doing harm to themselves because they didn't want to spend $20 on an ohm meter. Now, I am not calling you out specifically, I just know there are other people out there who will buy a mech and can't be bothered to spend the extra $15 to $20 for a piece of equipment that basically acts as an insurance policy for your face and hands.

OP: you have wonderful people on this thread that just want to make your vaping experience wonderful and safe. Feel free to consult with us as much as you need to. Check back in here if you have questions or need guidance from time to time.

TL, DR - Please, please. PLEASE. Buy an ohm meter and keep learning about ohms law.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
I hope he does get an ohm meter. I consider this a necessary piece of equipment if you build coils. The B&M shop by me will almost insist on selling one with a rda and mech rig.

It's a great idea for any vaper.

I wish all shops were like that...i commented in a similar thread the other day about going to a B & M Im not used to and saw them selling a cheap stingray clone and a plume veil clone to someone who has NEVER vaped before. Then I proceeded to watch the sales guy build him a 0.14Ω dual coil... Tried to talk em out of it but I ended up having to talk to.the dude and his wife outside the shop and explain he might be using a pipe bomb. I ended.up trading him one of my vapor bars Vamo V6's and a nautilus tank so he wouldnt blow himself up...so now Im stuck with a clone of two things I already have authentics of :mad: but at least dude didnt blow himself up..,

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
It reminds me of a motorcycle shop near me who would check a customer's credit thoroughly before selling him an 1100cc crotch-rocket, and never even bother to as if he has a bike license, or has ever rode before.

Ohm's Law and learning about how it all relates with the amps and volts and wraps and all isn't the easiest thing, but it's easier than taxes or insurance claims.

That Steam Engine is a great utility.

So is this simple Amps Volts Ohms Watts Calculator. Check it out.

Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Unless he is buying a vv/vw with integrated ohm reader... I bought ohm meter at the first time I am into vaping. Read and learn about a month even before starting but nowadays I don't bother with my ohm reader... First because I am not into crazy sub ohm... Always stay at around 0.5-1.0 ohm, second because I use vw, lastly because I use vtc 4 or authentic efest purple.

I still own a mech mode but I am not comfortable with them because they need great responsibility. Let say you are not sub ohming and use good battery. Still if you use mech mode, put it into pocket or bag and forget to lock it, you might press it all the time and it would be a pipe bomb anyway... A friend of mine who own a vape shop blew his mech mode inside his bag because his firing pin loose and it fires until the battery vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread