Here is a photo

Attachments

• 15224894568836664510585011302531.jpg
    15224894568836664510585011302531.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: stols001

Joe-L

Mar 31, 2018
Alien coils are cloud coils not flavor coils, also that’s a really low ohm rating. Sounds like you’re trying to get flavor out of a cloud chaser rig.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll get some new coils in it and give that a go, what coils / ohm would you recommend for mainly flavour and decent clouds

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for letting me know, I'll get some new coils in it and give that a go, what coils / ohm would you recommend for mainly flavour and decent clouds
Round wire is the conventional wisdom for flavor. I personally have had decent luck with high wire count twist coils. I have a few attys running single coil 3.5mm 8x28ga twist coils that seem to work well. Their cloud level is kind of a weak medium though. Probably up your resistance a bit too. If you do get high flavor high cloud you’re probably going to start running through ridiculous amounts of juice btw. This is why I run the single coils. They use less juice.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
sounds like you just need to increase the wattage, I wouldn't vape a build that low under 80 watts. 80-100 watts should be a good range.

edit: I get awesome flavor from alien coils...
This could be better advice than mine. You’ll Have to try it to know. I don’t run rigs that high basically ever so it’s outside of my personal experience. I suspect juice use will be high as well as battery use though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
According to the well known formula for battery amp draw in reg mods (including mod losses) you can go up to 100W with the 20A samsung batteries in the Alien, no need for 30A ones.

2*2.8V*20A = 112W, subtract 10% and you're at 100W
Yeah I was guesstimating. Saw your post and promptly edited mine. You’re clearly correct. We were posting at the same time I think

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm heading to my local shops now gona see what premade coils they have in stock these are destroying my batteries so gona put them aside while I wait for a second set would I be right in guessing .3-.4 would be better for flavour and liquid consumption?
My .3-.4 rigs generally run well at 30w or less, so battery life will definitely be better. The highe ohm you go the less juice you use and the lass cloud you see generally. It’s all trade offs. Flavor over cloud vs cloud over flavor vs power and juice use.

• Useful

Joe-L

Mar 31, 2018
My .3-.4 rigs generally run well at 30w or less, so battery life will definitely be better. The highe ohm you go the less juice you use and the lass cloud you see generally. It’s all trade offs. Flavor over cloud vs cloud over flavor vs power and juice use
Thanks for letting me know man im gona try get a pack of different coils so I can try out a few and see what works for me do you wick the higher ohm builds any different or should I just treat it the same? So far iv had no spitting and no dry hits with the way I done it but this is my first RDA so I'm still new to it all.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for letting me know man im gona try get a pack of different coils so I can try out a few and see what works for me do you wick the higher ohm builds any different or should I just treat it the same? So far iv had no spitting and no dry hits with the way I done it but this is my first RDA so I'm still new to it all.
Same. RDAs are pretty forgiving about wicking. It’s the RTAs where wick size becomes critical

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
As a low power, MTL vaper, I prefer single, simple round wires, and I mainly use SS since I can use in power or wattage mode.

It is certainly true that if you want a more exotic build or wire, making your own coils can become more cumbersome, with that said, if you look into less exotic coils, building them can be not so difficult.

With your setup though, you probably want a balance, and I'd say moving your resistance higher could give you more flavor and less wattage. Exotic coils are also in some ways a trade off, they tend to have more "mass" but also more surface area. More surface area will definitely give you more vapor as a) more mass tends to produce more vapor, sometimes more flavor too but not always) and will also require more wattage to "heat" the metal in your tank than a simple round build.

Not knowing exactly what you are using and it is indeed true that airflow, type of tank and etc all play a role, I'd say keep trying different builds and resistances (including some simple round wires) and keep track of what you try as you move through different coil and wire types. You may find a "flavor" sweet spot with your equipment, or you may find you do slightly better with some different equipment. I started out vaping sub0hm this time, but small, mouth to lung atomizers and more simple wire builds are where flavor shines- for me-- not necessarily anyone else. My discoveries(s) came by trying out various equipment though, so I'd encourage you to continue to experiment, as each build is going to teach you about what you "like" and "don't like." You may find "joy" at some point, with your current gear, or you may need something a bit different.

But, either way, you will be learning about your preferences, and building your vaping skills so ,keep at it, and approach it as a kind of exciting adventure of a sort.

My personal vape nirvana was strewn with the wrong gear to get there... .And my own personal coil building was liberally strewn with "failed" coils.... LOL. And I still met with success. It was actually sort of useful to keep my mind OFF smoking, too, so I don't really consider my experiments "failed" as they all got me to where I needed to be.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Anna

Joe-L

Mar 31, 2018
The wire is just one factor in the flavor equation. Positioning plays a major role in it as well.
I don't have a dead rabbit so sadly I can't really help you there, maybe someone else here can jump in?
I'm playing around with the airflow as I use it hopefully with time I'll find the sweet spot for this tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread