Help with replacement device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Sigelei Mini has been discontinued from what I can determine.

I'm not sure if the Innokin iClear 30B are still in production or out of stock, but it is considered "old technology" and will probably be discontinued soon if it hasn't already. Most vape gear generally becomes obsolete within a few years, so maybe it is time to step up your vape gear to 2019. :)

Since the Sigelei Mini used a single 18650 battery, something very similar to the Segelei Mini is the Geekvape Aegis Solo. It has the advantages of being dust-proof, shock-proof, and water-proof. It is an extremely popular model. (The Solo starter kit comes with a Cerberus tank, which is a sub-ohm tank, so you might want to buy the Solo separately.)
Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

Aegis-Solo-1.jpg

GEEK VAPE AEGIS SOLO 100W BOX MOD
$37.95
Availability: In Stock

Tank-wise, since you are a low wattage, high ohm coil vapor, I recommend a similar type of MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank. The Innokin Zlide or Innokin Zenith use the same coils.

1 x Zenith Z-PLEX3D 0.48ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
1 x Zenith 1.6ohm Atomizer Head
List Price: $24.95
Our Price: $19.99
star4.5.gif
(27)​

You might also consider the Innokin Adept starter kit with Zlide tank, but it uses a 3000mah non-replaceable internal battery. Also dust-proof, water-proof, and shock-proof. It has a unique feature which uses artificial intelligence to automatically choose the correct wattage setting according to the coil you are using.
innokin_adept_zlide_d22_starter_kit_1.jpg

If you prefer the Zenith tank over the Zlide, the Innokin Kroma-A 75W & Zenith Tank Starter Kit | Vape Kits is another popular kit that also uses a non-removeable internal battery, but its only a 2000 mah battery.
innokin_kroma-a_75w_zenith_tank_starter_kit_1.jpg

* I should probably add here that this gear is all pretty popular at the moment and you may not be able to find each item you choose from just one online vendor, so you may need to shop around for what is in stock. I recommend searching on You Tube for reviews of each product mentioned to see what best suits your fancy.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@jersey girl - If you want a 30W mod that's similar in size to your Sigelei 30W...the Eleaf iStick 30W mod can still be had for $25.90 w/Free S/H. It has an internal battery and it's been well-liked for quite a few years. It still has a following, with many people still regularly using theirs, including me. Some people have ones that have been in use 3+ or more years so far, and they're still going strong!

This US vendor still has all the colors available, for a list price of $37. But, use the code TURKEY at Checkout and it'll take 30% off, so it'll be the price above. He also ships fast! Many of us have been buying vape gear from him for years.

Eleaf Istick 30W Full Kit - $37.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

By the way, the pics show it with the included 510 to eGo adapter on it, but it just unscrews to come off if not needed.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Oh...forgot this: I have and use the Aegis Mini 80W mods, too. They also have an internal battery, like the iStick 30W mods. It's very well-built, and feels nice in the hand. But, it's definitely not a lightweight mod compared to my Sigelei 30W mods or the iStick 30W mods I posted about above.

I also bought several of the Aegis Solo mods for my vape "stash", but haven't used any of them yet.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
The Sigelei Mini has been discontinued from what I can determine.

I'm not sure if the Innokin iClear 30B are still in production or out of stock, but it is considered "old technology" and will probably be discontinued soon if it hasn't already. Most vape gear generally becomes obsolete within a few years, so maybe it is time to step up your vape gear to 2019. :)

Since the Sigelei Mini used a single 18650 battery, something very similar to the Segelei Mini is the Geekvape Aegis Solo. It has the advantages of being dust-proof, shock-proof, and water-proof. It is an extremely popular model. (The Solo starter kit comes with a Cerberus tank, which is a sub-ohm tank, so you might want to buy the Solo separately.)
Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

Aegis-Solo-1.jpg

GEEK VAPE AEGIS SOLO 100W BOX MOD
$37.95
Availability: In Stock

Tank-wise, since you are a low wattage, high ohm coil vapor, I recommend a similar type of MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank. The Innokin Zlide or Innokin Zenith use the same coils.

1 x Zenith Z-PLEX3D 0.48ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
1 x Zenith 1.6ohm Atomizer Head
List Price: $24.95
Our Price: $19.99
star4.5.gif
(27)​

You might also consider the Innokin Adept starter kit with Zlide tank, but it uses a 3000mah non-replaceable internal battery. Also dust-proof, water-proof, and shock-proof. It has a unique feature which uses artificial intelligence to automatically choose the correct wattage setting according to the coil you are using.
innokin_adept_zlide_d22_starter_kit_1.jpg

If you prefer the Zenith tank over the Zlide, the Innokin Kroma-A 75W & Zenith Tank Starter Kit | Vape Kits is another popular kit that also uses a non-removeable internal battery, but its only a 2000 mah battery.
innokin_kroma-a_75w_zenith_tank_starter_kit_1.jpg

* I should probably add here that this gear is all pretty popular at the moment and you may not be able to find each item you choose from just one online vendor, so you may need to shop around for what is in stock. I recommend searching on You Tube for reviews of each product mentioned to see what best suits your fancy.

Thank you for your time I will check into the geek vape aegis solo 100 W mod. I really only want one that has replaceable 18650 batteries (sorry I did not mention that first thing)

I can still get coils for my tank and have several.
I did try the innokin zenith. Hate it (just personal preference) juice hog. Plus always getting mouthfuls of juice. Maybe my blend is not correct for that tank.
Other then that loved the top full and air adjustment, build quality.

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
I appreciate everyone's suggestions. 10 years ago I started with the internal battery types ( I am a chain vapor)
and was so tired of buying 4 of the same mod and leaving the house with an arsenal of gear in my pocketbook.
That is why I love the mods where you can replace the batteries. 3000 mah last me a day. So now I go out with my mod and juice only What a pleasure.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you for your time I will check into the geek vape aegis solo 100 W mod. I really only want one that has replaceable 18650 batteries (sorry I did not mention that first thing)

I can still get coils for my tank and have several.
I did try the innokin zenith. Hate it (just personal preference) juice hog. Plus always getting mouthfuls of juice. Maybe my blend is not correct for that tank.
Other then that loved the top full and air adjustment, build quality.
You could also check out these replaceable battery mods.

Eleaf-iStick-Pico-700.jpg

Eleaf-Invoke-presentation.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
I have done to much research today. Eyes crossed.

I think the eleaf istick pico would be more of a stealth device then what I have now. Even tho I have no need for temp control (but they all seem to have it now). Just wondering if the battery cap on the top would be an issue if the tank ever leaked?

I did look at the obs cube x which takes a 18650 battery now, but it appears bigger then the eleaf istick pico.

As you know I have been vaping along time but don't change a device that works for me until they don't make them any more. So I will sound like a newbe but one final question. If I put the eleaf istick in bypass mode
(hope that shuts off the temp control) Does this become an unregulated mod and if so should I have concerns?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
they look nice. I will check all out. Thanks

iStick Pico is a big winner around ECF. I have several Pico 75W and a Pico S, among many other "had to have it" mods. The FDA made me buy so many. You'd think they are going out of style. :)

Temp control is something that really is a winner. TC mode is more battery friendly since it pulses the voltage just enough to maintain temperature. Articles I've read say that battery life can be 15% to 25% longer in temp mode than power mode.

Seriously, we all want a little more vape hardware than we'll ever need. It really is the FDA's fault.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Oops, one more question?

Besides replacing my main vape. I need a stealth device occasionally, Should I get a pod mod?
Or will the efleaf istick pico be good for this as well.
I like the OBS Cube mini not a pod. Myvaporstore has 15% off OBS products this week use code ATF004

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Besides replacing my main vape. I need a stealth device occasionally, Should I get a pod mod?
Or will the efleaf istick pico be good for this as well.
Depends on what you mean by stealth device. Many pods are the size/shape of a disc drive like the Juul and put out very little vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread