Help with replacing eVic-VTC Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackdawFool

Mar 7, 2011
CT
So I've been using the VTC mini for some years with CUBIS and CUBIS mini tanks. I do temperature control with SS coils. It's time to replace my stuff and I'm a bit overwhelmed in trying to figure out a good replacement that's readily available online or in store. Looks like a more than a few new versions have released and discontinued over the years and I'm lost as to what's good anymore!

Can anyone point me towards a relatively small device powered by a single 18650 that has temperature control for SS and a corresponding good tank with SS coils? I've had great luck with the CUBIS tanks with leak prevention... so I'm definitely hoping there's a new tank out there that is fairly leak proof.

Thanks for any help anyone has... I really, really appreciate it.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Your current cub is tanks should fit fine on any mod with a 510 connection, and most of em do so there are a lot of choices. If you want to use your cubes tanks any mod without an atty should work. Since I don’t know much about coil cartridge attys I’ll concentrate on this solution. Others may come along with full kit solutions

The pico25 is traditionally quite well thought of but it has large amounts of competition these days. The original ageis is so tough you can run over it with a truck and it will remain waterproof but it is a bit large, expensive,and heavy. The best TC to be had comes from the DNA chipset which is used by several mods. They’re not cheap though.

What’s your budget btw? That should help narrow things down some

JackdawFool

Mar 7, 2011
CT
Thanks for the reply!

I'd like to get some new tanks... It looks like the CUBIS stuff isn't really available anymore. I have a couple that are fine and a stockpile of coils, but I'd like to try something more current/available. I'm looking for a leak resistant tank with long lasting SS coils.

For the mod, any price would be fine... I'd just like to find something that works well for temperature control stainless steel and will give me a few trouble free years is all. I think 80-90 watts of power is all I need. Once I dial in my settings, I'll never change them.

Maybe the pico 25 or the aegis you suggested fit the bill?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for the reply!

I'd like to get some new tanks... It looks like the CUBIS stuff isn't really available anymore. I have a couple that are fine and a stockpile of coils, but I'd like to try something more current/available. I'm looking for a leak resistant tank with long lasting SS coils.

For the mod, any price would be fine... I'd just like to find something that works well for temperature control stainless steel and will give me a few trouble free years is all. I think 80-90 watts of power is all I need. Once I dial in my settings, I'll never change them.

Maybe the pico 25 or the aegis you suggested fit the bill?
Both would likely do it. The original ageis was “chambered” for the 26650 battery making it kind of a handful. It will also take 18650s though if you got em lying around and 2x700s if you buy the separate extension cap. I quite like mine. You can’t beat milspec certification ruggedness wise. If you want something slimmer but also well built jac vapor makes really nice looking and well built mods.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can anyone point me towards:

• a relatively small device powered by a single 18650
  • that has temperature control for SS
  • corresponding good tank with SS coils?
images

JAC Vapor series B DNA75W
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If I had to pick between all of those mods for TC I would probably go for the JAC.

I would consider the Ages if I was really going for durability and if an out and about mod or work mod if/where conditions are rugged.

I would put the Pico last on my list but to be fair, I just don't like them. They are certainly small and affordable, you'd maybe have SOME limitations on tank size depending on what tank you want to get, l didn't adore TC but I've heard installing Arctic Fox helps a bunch, they do fit a lot into a rather small package and they're not pricy for what you get. There are also legions of vapers who adore them, as well, so there's that.

I think they're all probably good options depending on just exactly what you are looking for.
Anna

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I really like the Jac or the Squid Industries Detonator, but they are on the pricier end.
I have a VTC Mini that I love. It is my favorite, and I love the feel of it in my hand.

The Vaporesso Armour Pro is comparable size wise (it's slightly smaller than the VTC Mini), has good reviews of it's temp control, can use 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries, and comes with a tank everyone seems to like (can also use up to 26mm tanks). All for about $40.

I also like the Pico 21700.
Small, durable, uses 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries, comes with an OK tank, and can use 25 or 26mm tanks. All for about $30.
I haven't really tried TC on it though.

Cheers.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Pico is a good mod as is the Aegis. But I wouldn't really go for either one to use in TC. Get a DNA mod if you are into TC. It will cost a more but is well worth it.

DJLSB said the Armour Pro had really accurate TC, but you're absolutely right that a DNA or SX Mini is the way to go for TC.

A Lost Vape Mirage would be a good choice in that arena for about $110 to $130 for a DNA single battery mod that can use 21700s, or a JAC if you only want to use 18650 for about the same money.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
4th (or is it the 5th?) vote for the Jac Vapor Series B DNA 75W. It's a bit more expensive than the Pico and its cohorts, but you really get your money's worth with the DNA chip. Like you, I'm a TC vaper who favoured the eVic Mini before trying the JAC, but the JAC blows it away in temperature control.

I don't know if it's still true, but it used to be the case that if you set up a new account with Jac Vapour and put the mod in your cart and left it there for a day or two, you'd receive a discount code in your email to help you make up your mind.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Lost Vape Mirage 100W is a DNA mod with a 75C DNA chipset. It uses either 18650 or 2x700 batteries. It can be found online for around $105.

The advantage of the the 75C chipset over the 75W is replay mode works on it but not the 75W. Also with the 75C most settings can be changed directly on the mod without using Escribe software on a computer

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I would lean towards the Lost Vape Mirage simply because it has more battery options and uses the DNA75c with Replay instead of the standard DNA75.
It's hard to go back to using single 18650 mods after you use a single 21700 mod.

The JAC are great mods though.
I'm waiting for one with the DNA75c though.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The Lost Vape Mirage 100W is a DNA mod with a 75C DNA chipset. It uses either 18650 or 2x700 batteries. It can be found online for around $105.

The advantage of the the 75C chipset over the 75W is replay mode works on it but not the 75W. Also with the 75C most settings can be changed directly on the mod without using Escribe software on a computer

You beat me to it, lol. :lol:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Thank you very much everybody for all the great responses! I went with the Lost Vape Mirage and am also making the switch to 21700 batteries.

That's a great choice!!
When you download eScribe for it, download the international version instead of the US version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread